Upcoming Models #2

Post about creating and skinning models here
mx985
Team: Privateer

Re: Upcoming Models #2

Post by mx985 »

Drawing in 3d, I think if your into art it helps, because you can visualise what you want to be the final product.and enjoy the art as it becomes more, drawing cast shadows, the depth the detail. thats how i do it I see the 3d canvas and draw a picture on it adding dimension.sounds stupid but it works for me.
Beast2013

Post by Beast2013 »

vortexracingleader wrote:There is no such thing as a modeling video ment for sim, modeling is a concept and its something that takes time to learn.. only way you are going to learn is download a program and start.. (thanks attacker ) one thing that helps me is envision what it is you want the model to look like, how do you want your edges to be setup, how should this curve, how should that curve.. learn the basics to the program such as hotkeys, general navigation and once you feel like you understand that then look into modeling videos that you can follow along too. the only real way for you to learn to model is to get in a program and just do it.
Thanks that helps abit. I know there's no specific video for mxs modeling (I wish there wash, alot of people probably wish that too). I am quiet confident and know my way around Blender just not the actual modeling part. I know how to un-wrap, exports uvs and what not. But like I said the last video I watched obviously wasn't the same way you model for sim. Guess I'll just have to keep looking for a video the works with mxs.
Jay

Post by Jay »

and people thought the Kawi template was hard to skin... welcome to the final UV of the KTM
broland278
Team: MotoSavage

Post by broland278 »

Jay wrote:Image

and people thought the Kawi template was hard to skin... welcome to the final UV of the KTM

wow... your fucked, good luck :)
model_90
Team: Heemlock

Post by model_90 »

Jays gonna be putting the template together like

Imagevia Imgflip GIF Maker
Peters as sharp as a mouse dick-Ol' PizzaChet
James Webb
Team: Evergood

Post by James Webb »

good luck my friend..
Blake_901

Post by Blake_901 »

I'm fuckin dead
Hi Im Skyqe
Team: wat

Post by Hi Im Skyqe »

Jay is about to be selling all orange KTM's.
Squidmob567
Team: BGFX

Post by Squidmob567 »

vortexracingleader
Team: MotoRAD

Post by vortexracingleader »

Look into polygonal modeling or in general low poly/asset modeling, should help a lot.
M@xTizZz
Team: TizZy-Design

Post by M@xTizZz »

wtf is this ??
Maxime Tison
I AM NOT MXSEMF Official admin ANYMORE | PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT ME ABOUT MXSEMF
mx985

Post by mx985 »

M@xTizZz wrote:

wtf is this ??
a UV MAP that has yet to be unrapped by the creator,its what your map looks like before you take each piece and unwrap it bit by bit.
Jre
Team: squid

Post by Jre »

Wow Jay I'd like to see how psychedelic that shit looks with all the norms baked on it lol
mx985 wrote:Drawing in 3d, I think if your into art it helps, because you can visualise what you want to be the final product.and enjoy the art as it becomes more, drawing cast shadows, the depth the detail. thats how i do it I see the 3d canvas and draw a picture on it adding dimension.sounds stupid but it works for me.
This should be highlighted more than people are used to think. 3D art is like any kind of visual art. The best artworks (3D models, illustrations, logo designs, traditional paintings, whatever) are always made by visually talented people. Somewhere there goes the border when practiced eye can basically tell from the artwork if people are really talented (creative) artists or just learned the techniques well. The combination of these two, eye and techniques will do wonders.
Been learning 3D in my local UNI for three years now and I can tell you every single student there in the 3D arts & animation program are more or less visually talented, because you simply can't get in if you're not. The entrance exam was pretty brutal.. Two days seven hours per day, no writing, no words, only drawing or painting till your hand was sore and still the time wasn't enough for anyone to completely finish their work. And we were going to study 3D modeling.. Later I realized the fact that you really need to be creative or you're going to be in trouble. A lot of sketching, thinking, creative ideas and stuff, every day during our projects (animation or games).
Also I wouldn't forget that creativity helps a lot in the technical part of 3D modeling as well. It helps you to figure out things like poly flow and other important solutions in more clever ways.

Also for people who are interested in learning "modeling for sim", just look for basic 3D tutorials and game asset creation as already been told. This is exactly the same thing. Just needs a bit understanding to find the way especially in texturing, how it looks in this particular game. Key words: Low poly & high poly modeling, UV-mapping, diffuse, normal and specular maps.. There you go if you just decide to learn it, Google and Youtube are your best friends.

And here comes some update on my Honda for Versus PC (please don't PM me about this, it's not for sale for any price and my inbox is flooding :)). It's not far from finished but still there is a lot of stuff to do. Don't mind the boring graphics they are just temporary.

CeeJayHDz

Post by CeeJayHDz »

Thatll look good with the red number 1 plate for emf sx^^^ ;)
funkychicken
Team: 251 Graphix I guess

Post by funkychicken »

Sooooo... Anyone working on an Alta bike model possibly? I know it's being hated on a lot but I think it's really cool and it'd be nice to have it in the game :D
| Unofficially Official MotoSavage Rookie of the Year 2017 |
Pumaxcs wrote:Women ain't shit, man.

They'll lick a public toilet seat but ignore my texts.