Upcoming Skins and Shader Maps #2

Post about creating and skinning models here
User avatar
Squidmob567
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:25 am
Team: BGFX
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Upcoming Skins and Shader Maps #2

Postby Squidmob567 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:35 pm

Not saying lars got it from me but i've never seen anyone use dots in their design like I have done on a bunch of kits this year, nothing against lars, me and him are bros and he makes amazingly clean skins.
Image
Image

User avatar
lars@crossmag
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:05 pm
Location: The Lab
Contact:

Re: Upcoming Skins and Shader Maps #2

Postby lars@crossmag » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:53 pm

Squidmob567 wrote:Not saying lars got it from me but i've never seen anyone use dots in their design like I have done on a bunch of kits this year, nothing against lars, me and him are bros and he makes amazingly clean skins.


Tru dat :lol: I totally got on the "dots"-train after seeing them on Jasons' designs to be honest. Still tried to not only impersonate/copy him or anything, I just think they're a nice addition to "cleaner" designs as I see halftone-patterns for instance to be a bit overused these days. Jason is one of my main inspirations lately, as I'm not halfway that impressed or blown away by the stuff that the big decal companies produced. Mad props!

Anyways: Being inspired by some other designers is cool to me, but I'm not trying to be the guy copying anyones style anymore :D

User avatar
Squidmob567
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:25 am
Team: BGFX
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Upcoming Skins and Shader Maps #2

Postby Squidmob567 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:00 pm

lars@crossmag wrote:
Squidmob567 wrote:


Lol dude its all good im not mad XD. I don't care when people use ideas from someone to make a truly sick bike like that teal ktm. But squids like that kid above make the dots look like hell :lol: Lars you have my permission to copy whatever you want, your just as talented as I am.
Image

User avatar
Matias43_
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:38 am
Team: MV Films
Location: NJ
Contact:

Re: Upcoming Skins and Shader Maps #2

Postby Matias43_ » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:15 pm

Squidmob567 wrote:
lars@crossmag wrote:
Squidmob567 wrote:


Lol dude its all good im not mad XD. I don't care when people use ideas from someone to make a truly sick bike like that teal ktm. But squids like that kid above make the dots look like hell :lol: Lars you have my permission to copy whatever you want, your just as talented as I am.
Image

User avatar
Matias43_
Posts: 1179
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:38 am
Team: MV Films
Location: NJ
Contact:

Re: Upcoming Skins and Shader Maps #2

Postby Matias43_ » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:15 pm

rip i did not mean to do that :(
Image

User avatar
Mcguire103
Posts: 275
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:20 am
Team: Privateer
Location: Australia

Re: Upcoming Skins and Shader Maps #2

Postby Mcguire103 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:17 am

dots are gay

User avatar
nickuzick
Posts: 2997
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:42 pm
Location: British Columbia
Contact:

Re: Upcoming Skins and Shader Maps #2

Postby nickuzick » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:24 am

Mcguire103 wrote:dots are homosexual
Image

User avatar
Squidmob567
Posts: 313
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:25 am
Team: BGFX
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Upcoming Skins and Shader Maps #2

Postby Squidmob567 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:33 am

nickuzick wrote:
Mcguire103 wrote:dots are homosexual


They make me money so I like em :mrgreen: . . . .
Image

User avatar
DCreedz#523
Posts: 903
Joined: Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:11 am
Team: Greef Clothing
Location: Australia
Contact:

Re: Upcoming Skins and Shader Maps #2

Postby DCreedz#523 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:20 am

Squidmob567 wrote:
nickuzick wrote:
Mcguire103 wrote:dots are homosexual


They make me money so I like em :mrgreen: . . . .


:lol:
Image

James Webb
Posts: 801
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:26 am
Team: Evergood
Location: California

Re: Upcoming Skins and Shader Maps #2

Postby James Webb » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:50 am

#7dot

enough said
Image

anderskaae
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:50 pm
Team: Privateer

Re: Upcoming Skins and Shader Maps #2

Postby anderskaae » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:33 pm

Image

VUSTTOS
Posts: 735
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:02 am
Team: Spanish MX Gamers
Location: GPS not working

Re: Upcoming Skins and Shader Maps #2

Postby VUSTTOS » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:13 pm

That gear is looking good Anderskaae! Is that an updated version of the one released here or it is a completly new one
Image

anderskaae
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:50 pm
Team: Privateer

Re: Upcoming Skins and Shader Maps #2

Postby anderskaae » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:17 pm

VUSTTOS wrote:That gear is looking good Anderskaae! Is that an updated version of the one released here or it is a completly new one

No its my version :D

Insid1ouZ
Posts: 33
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: Upcoming Skins and Shader Maps #2

Postby Insid1ouZ » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:38 pm

Almost Done with the first part of the replica i'm working on(10 imaginary point to whoever guesses the correct rider). I would like some feedback. i know the bottom white part on the second image is a bit wonky so im going to fix that.
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Atom6246
Posts: 3620
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:28 am
Location: Florida

Re: Upcoming Skins and Shader Maps #2

Postby Atom6246 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:14 pm

TRAVIS PASTRANA?!
Check out my Twitch channel by clicking the pic below!
Image


Return to “Model and Skin Editing”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests