Help needed with unwrapping/texturing

Post about creating and skinning models here
Shadow
Team: FSK

Help needed with unwrapping/texturing

Post by Shadow »

Alright, my skills end right about here and if I want the new track I'm working on get released this year I need some help from you guys. I've got 6 models done and a few still in progress and desperately need someone to unwrap and texture them.

Here's a couple of pics to show what kind of models you'd be working with. The excavator and the waiting zone building are the most complex ones, others are mainly just simple buildings/houses like the one in the last picture.

If you're interested just pm me and I'll discuss the details more thoroughly.

PS. When/if I get this track done, these models can then be freely used by anyone on their tracks.
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
yomo

Re: Help needed with unwrapping/texturing

Post by yomo »

Models look really good and clean!
Im not very good at unwrapping but I know google offers tonnes of tutorials if you wanted to learn yourself
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

I regret to say that the best way to unwrap those models means remodeling them. For instance, you're going to want to unwrap one post, and then duplicate that post a hundred times rather than unwrap each post. I would gladly help you, but you can't count on a set time from me anymore like you used to be able to.
JB323
Team: Privateer Life

Post by JB323 »

reminds me of ponca's gate entry in the 2nd pic.

Privateer Life # 323 Support from Motosport | Race Tech | 180 Decals

http://instagram.com/jbolen323/
chuey352

Post by chuey352 »

^ that shade does wonders when in that 110degree heat!!!
Mx Simulator OG
ddmx488 wrote: Everyone poops on their keyboard and expects a great skin to pop up in photoshop.
TEAM HONDA
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

ddmx wrote:I regret to say that the best way to unwrap those models means remodeling them. For instance, you're going to want to unwrap one post, and then duplicate that post a hundred times rather than unwrap each post. I would gladly help you, but you can't count on a set time from me anymore like you used to be able to.
Damn.. Is there no way around this? I've done these models with solidworks and it'll be a bitch redoing the building the waiting zone from different parts. :?
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.