Rider Replacement Gear

Post about creating and skinning models here
Jkern441
Team: Privateer

Rider Replacement Gear

Post by Jkern441 »

Hey guys, im wondering how I change the rider replacement gear from Alias to another gear set? Ive seen a post on here in the past explaining how to but i cannot find it. Just wondering what i have to rename, etc. to get another gear set to be the default replacement gear.

Thanks!
Dumbbelly29
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Re: Rider Replacement Gear

Post by Dumbbelly29 »

Try searching through files prefixed with rider_body in your personal folder... you may come across rider_body-default...png which will most likely be the alias kit & problem.. just remove it
Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Post by Andy_Hack »

The Alias gear is also skinned on the original jlv rider model, instead of any newer ones like ddmx's or p2sta's, as far as i know. That means you can't use a more recent set of gear, that was made for a new rider model, you'd have to skin on the jlv rider model instead. I don't know however, if it's possible to just use a newer rider model as the default rider model. I think the Alias one was in Phathry's default replacement pack.
*fancy signature*
d4u5d6u7 wrote:good staff, nice skins, like
TH_722

Post by TH_722 »

You can use newer rider models you simply have to name the jm you want to use rider_body.jm then you name the skin rider_body.png rider_body_norm.png etc...