trouble skinning

Post about creating and skinning models here
Hynam199
Team: Privateer

trouble skinning

Post by Hynam199 »

At the minute i am trying to make a few mods to a TLD gear set. its a psd and i did all the work on it exported the png and norm png (i tried doing spec png but the spec map in the psd looks f*%#@d so i didnt make one) i got the .jm files from the p2sta3 pack (no brace). i make a saf go into game it shows up but when i see the gear its all twisted 90 degrees left. what have i done wrong?
ps-its my first week of mxs and am trying designing cause im crap on the bike atm.
DCreedz#523
Team: Greef Clothing

Re: trouble skinning

Post by DCreedz#523 »

You need to make sure that the jm file you use corresponds with the gearset you are using. Pretty much every gearset these days uses p2sta3 but there are lots of updates such as neckbraces, boots etc. Although your problem sounds more like something in the naming. Make sure every colourway and norms match exactly what the jm says. Also, make sure there aren't any other p2sta3 jm's sitting in your folder named the same as what you're trying to name this one. Sorry if that's confusing, maybe post a picture of what you've named it and I might be able to see if you've done something wrong.