Desperately seeking the unloved

Post about creating and skinning models here
William EMF
Team: Privateer

Desperately seeking the unloved

Post by William EMF »

Hello MX Simulator community..

I have found myself in a very stressful and desperate situation and I am hoping to persuade a modeler to help. Here is my deal. My name is William Ekholm. I go by William EMFTrackdesigns on FB and Insta. I also have a quest I am on to help grow the Oh so popular ATV racing. This has a FB page, website, clothing line and a world first ATV event coming in September 2017. Now for the REALLY crazy part. I was unable to get MXvsATV to do a digital track map for the ATV event because of time constraints and went in search for another way. This led me to MXS and it's capability to replicate an entire facility an all it's workings. .... I have to be honest here. I did not go about it right and found myself in an issue of using stuff I was not permitted to use... Please understand.. I did not mean to!!! .. At the time I did not understand how all this worked. Still learning everyday. ... Now I am not sure if or what I can release or name but those who have helped know I am VERY thankful for saving my ass and helping me develop a killer track map for promotion. ..... (If I am allowed to name who has helped. I will gladly do so as it has been a huge blessing. That I appreciate more than most know right now)... I definitely have to thank JLV for even allowing me to use the game for this. Buying my own and telling others how sick the game is seems not near enough thanks for it. The more I learn the more amazed I am at what he created and what you all do with it. Really is a pretty bad ass to an old guy. By the way I SUCK at this game!!! Not gonna lie. I don't think I would play online off arcade mode. I need my training wheels. Seriously, I can't even get down my own designed track.. This is sad... Gonna have to spend some time learning to actually ride in the game after all this.

So here is what I am dealing with and what I have to offer..... When I got into this I was contacted and told I could get a quad in game and capable of running a Straight Rhythm track. Only problem was it would turn dumb (lean into corners). I am ok with that. I am sure you understand at this point I am putting together ATV Straight Rhythm. Now.. You may ask. Why not just show track.. Ok.. When I was told I could get a quad in game, I informed sponsors and began promoting that fact. Big problem!!!! Now, I can't get a hold of who told me it could be done and I am not going to blast in a community I am just a newcomer to and have no right trying to effect the respect from their piers. ... I'll go down in a blaze of glory before that. It's just how I roll. .... Anyway,, Here is where the beg comes in.. I have run out of map display money, so paying for this right now is not an option ( It WILL be paid for and I can offer some sponsor swag right now ). I JUST NEED A RACE QUAD!!! PLEASE!!! something I can place and duplicate static plus put different skins on. Then, I am PRAYING it will run down the track ( No Turns) if not I will deal with it at this point and just place them static for display... I truly understand this is not something many care to see, if not, would really like to keep out of game.... I can sign in blood if needed!!! To not release a quad in game if necessary ( Hoping not the blood thing but o well at this point)... I can offer all the credits possible to making this happen I can offer a portion of profit .... if I actually make any at the end of this. I'm just stuck and not sure how to fix this... If I could learn to model fast enough I would. If I had a bank roll I would throw it down for this... I got my wife but she's a bit nutty.. married a quad guy :roll:

PLEASE IF ANYONE IS WILLING TO HELP. I will give anything I can to make it worth it.

I will also be releasing the track and anything I ad to it (other than quad, dependent on MXS community) into game for use. Not sure how cool that is but I feel it's the right thing to do. This will at least give a bunch of new logo designs on objects and some gear that has been released already in game and a double Straight Rhythm track. (it has full length and a mini replica) (not sure how to post pics on here yet). Basically anything I get for the game is being given back in the end. I hope this helps to make things right.

Thank you!!
William Ekholm
Brock1198
Team: Cycleworks

Re: Desperately seeking the unloved

Post by Brock1198 »

Here you go
jlv wrote:
yzmxer608 wrote:Alrighty jlv time to lock this, politic arguments get people nowhere fast. :?
Are you kidding me? This is a perfect opportunity to break out the American Chopper meme!
tommyz2121
Team: Eminet Co

Post by tommyz2121 »

Brock1198 wrote:Here you go
do you think he wasted his time writting that ?
Brock1198

Post by Brock1198 »

tommyz2121 wrote:
no but i think you wasted your time writing that
jlv wrote:
yzmxer608 wrote:Alrighty jlv time to lock this, politic arguments get people nowhere fast. :?
Are you kidding me? This is a perfect opportunity to break out the American Chopper meme!
William EMF

Post by William EMF »

Funny thing.. If someone could edit front suspension and make fenders it could possibly work :wink: If the a-arms moved as the forks would and the front tires moved with them as one. Then put some more real looking tires and bead locks. Seriously might look ok. :roll: Like I said, pretty desperate at this point.

By the way.. How does that thing ride (in pic) Looks funny but I could see myself giving it a whirl.. I mean it's go 4 wheels. I should be able to keep it upright :D
tommyz2121

Post by tommyz2121 »

Brock1198 wrote:
tommyz2121 wrote:
no but i think you wasted your time writing that
i was on your side :lol: asking if william did
tommyz2121

Post by tommyz2121 »

William EMF wrote:
Funny thing.. If someone could edit front suspension and make fenders it could possibly work :wink: If the a-arms moved as the forks would and the front tires moved with them as one. Then put some more real looking tires and bead locks. Seriously might look ok. :roll: Like I said, pretty desperate at this point.

By the way.. How does that thing ride (in pic) Looks funny but I could see myself giving it a whirl.. I mean it's go 4 wheels. I should be able to keep it upright :D
it still runs off of two wheels in the center its no different the wheels go through the ground its just apperance
m121c

Post by m121c »

You can make custom tracks for Mx vs. Atv Reflex on the PC. Would look a lot better than MXS, and the quad would actually work.
MotoX745

Post by MotoX745 »

Essentially what everyone is saying is that, Yes, you can have the model and the appearance of riding an ATV but there is no way that it would work with this game correctly unless you absolutely kept it in a straight line constantly which you will eventually find pretty boring after a few months of going straight and you would find that for most people it's pretty hard to stay in a completely straight line and with jumps that's virtually impossible to stay entirely straight and in the same line. Everything physics wise is built for two wheels so like Tommy says, no matter what you do or try to make it work, it physically is impossible for this game to have an ATV that you can use properly, it's made for dirt bikes.
Attempted Photographer < I try.... Shitty racer, Only good at screenshots, forever pretending to be quick at MXS.
William EMF

Post by William EMF »

Straight up!! I appreciate you all just being honest and not going "quads suck" on me. I would take a static model at this point. Just something to put at the gate and in pits. I think with all that I have learned. A poorly working model would be worse than a nice static one. I have a commercial plan that can work with a static quad and do both demonstrate how cool this game is and make my event look really groundbreaking.

I don't think I can do "MX vs ATV reflex" but now that it has been mentioned. I will be contacting Rainbow. See if there is something I can do. My boy just said "our PC would never handle doing it" and I am not sure on commercial use. Not to mention the time and money spent to get what I have so far. .. Still going to look into it though, I appreciate the info. m121c

If you would like to see what I have here is a link to my project. https://emftrackdesigns.wixsite.com/longlivequads Still underconstuction as it's just me doing this right now. I also have a FB page for what I am doing. https://www.facebook.com/longlivequads/

Seriously thank you!

Oh yeah, Is there any video of that funny bike/quad running down that straight rhythm in pic? Curious how bad it looks..
Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Post by Andy_Hack »

I don't know if it helps, but I took some time and made these, they're not replicas or anything though.
I can model some more details into the rims, anyway, here's what I came up with, there's also a Download
for those who want to play around with it.
https://www.file-upload.net/download-12 ... 1.zip.html
*fancy signature*
d4u5d6u7 wrote:good staff, nice skins, like
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Andy_Hack wrote:I don't know if it helps, but I took some time and made these, they're not replicas or anything though.
I can model some more details into the rims, anyway, here's what I came up with, there's also a Download
Way cool of you Andy for helping out.

I've helped William a bit with this project - it's legit and he's a good guy. If you have the skills and time, I know he'll do what he can to make it worth your while when he can.
WillSt24
Team: BPC

Post by WillSt24 »

Andy_Hack wrote:I don't know if it helps, but I took some time and made these, they're not replicas or anything though.
Really nice Andy.

Im also willing to help if needed, some ATV's sitting here... could try something (depends if I have time :lol:)
| WILLIAM ST-LAURENT |
MXS best finish : 2nd [SX] 3rd [MX]
William EMF

Post by William EMF »

HOLY ****!!!!! I got no words... Seriously just sitting here staring at this!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!
Brock1198

Post by Brock1198 »

William EMF wrote: Oh yeah, Is there any video of that funny bike/quad running down that straight rhythm in pic? Curious how bad it looks..
i can take a vid if you want
jlv wrote: