UV Map Question

Post about creating and skinning models here
Nick#126
Team: Privateer

UV Map Question

Post by Nick#126 »

Hello guys,

So I've been trying to learn Blender. I wanted to add the Fox Proframe to the rider model with the new Tech10. I've joined both objects and named both uv maps the same but the combined UV map looks like this. I have absolutely no clue how to get the uv maps to be next to each other, just like the normal uv map of the Fox Proframe model. This means hat you have the rider UV map next to the Fox Proframe UV map, and not like in my case have them overlapping each other. I hope someone knows what I mean but this is what I got:

Nick van Gerwen
KTM57

Re: UV Map Question

Post by KTM57 »

All you need to do is select the UV map for the rider model without the chest protector, scale it to half its width (scale x axis 0.5) and move it to the side, then move in the chest protector UV.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
Nick#126

Post by Nick#126 »

Okay got that working, thanks! Next problem, when I export it the Proframe is off the body, it is somewhere flying in the air. Somebody know how to fix this? Sorry for asking so many questions but really want to learn how to do this.
Nick van Gerwen
Nick#126

Post by Nick#126 »

For some reason I can't assign the Proframe to the torso, anybody got an idea?

Nick van Gerwen
Nick#126

Post by Nick#126 »

Figured that out myself and got it to work that it moves with the body. The only problem left now is how it shows up in game. Anyone know how fix this? Sorry for asking so many questions, just really want this to work.

Nick van Gerwen
Nick#126

Post by Nick#126 »

Sorry for quadruple post. :lol: But, I got it to work! Thanks August for your answer.
Nick van Gerwen