model creation

Post about creating and skinning models here
falcon8er
Team: Privateer

model creation

Post by falcon8er »

I use Inventor at work on a daily basis and would like to start creating models for this game perhaps. I have the entire Autodesk suite, I am most comfortable working with Inventor but believe i might need to switch to 3ds Max after the models are created.

Is this the case? I'm just curious on the workflow. if there are any interesting reads that are informative i would really appreciate it!

Ive attached an image of a BMW wheel that i just wooped together right quick to show that I am capable and serious.

THX

Quinten
Team: QM1

Re: model creation

Post by Quinten »

falcon8er wrote:I use Inventor at work on a daily basis and would like to start creating models for this game perhaps. I have the entire Autodesk suite, I am most comfortable working with Inventor but believe i might need to switch to 3ds Max after the models are created.

Is this the case? I'm just curious on the workflow. if there are any interesting reads that are informative i would really appreciate it!

Ive attached an image of a BMW wheel that i just wooped together right quick to show that I am capable and serious.

THX
Ive worked with autodesk inventor quite a bit in and out of engineering school. Im afraid you would have to move to 3ds max. You probably already know but they are quite similar on how everything is layed out. I never had the momentum into 3ds max because i was so far in blender that it would be like restarting for me. However give 3ds max a try it free if your a "student"