dynos models and skins.

Post about creating and skinning models here
jtrs61
Team: Privateer

dynos models and skins.

Post by jtrs61 »

I've been casually playing for years now but with the newer rig and whatnot I'm starting to race a bit more. I've been playing with the 2009 yz250f forever and edited (for offline personal use) the PrimeDesignsHonda.png with gimp to have my name and number on it... sweeeet. But I noticed that for the 2018 nationals season we are to run 2016 and up dynos... So I switched to the 2017 250sxf because I see a lot of pumpkins online and it totally rides better lol. I'm totally not a KTM guy. I cant figure out (or at least haven't found in the 122 pages of the "help/questions" thread) how to make a Honda, with my numbers on it, for the 2017 250sxf dyno. I wouldn't mind putting in the work if i knew what the hell was going on with JMs, blends, wireframes, cutouts and all that jazz... could someone point me in the right direction at least? thanks.
D_ROY178

Re: dynos models and skins.

Post by D_ROY178 »

You can run any bike on any dyno, just depends on how you name it.

As for running a honda model, if you want the current honda model, there isnt really any free versions unfortunately, but people such as Jeremy sell the model, but have hefty price tags, upwards of 80usd. There are some free models for other brands tho, such as the 2017 Suzuki by Damien, the 2018 Yamaha by Mx985, the 2017 Husqvarna by Jay/TMFR. These models only have the stock parts, so if you want a 'custom' bike, you'll need to buy them off the creator.

As for what each thing is,
Jm File: The 3d model files for use in game, used along with the png files
Png files: Saved png files from the psd, one with the plain bike template, the norm (purple colour one), and the spec map (grey/ black one)
Psd File: Contains all the unwrapped parts of the model, used to save out png files, including norm and spec
Blend: The working file for the model, used to save out jm files, make renders
Cutout: A png file containing only the bike graphics, which are then placed on the psd file to save out for game

Kellen (Start Your Systems) has a good video on how to make your own bike if you need any other help, which you can find here
As for naming files for use in game, this might help

Hope this is some help.
jtrs61
Team: Privateer

Re: dynos models and skins.

Post by jtrs61 »

thanks Roy. good info... ill read up!