Any other programs besides Photoshop?

Post about creating and skinning models here
ryderrem
Team: Ryno Power MX

Any other programs besides Photoshop?

Post by ryderrem »

i’m very new to skinning and my computer as a whole. are there any programs i could use to just put name and number on bikes and gear besides photoshop?
nickuzick

Re: Any other programs besides Photoshop?

Post by nickuzick »

ryderrem wrote:i’m very new to skinning and my computer as a whole. are there any programs i could use to just put name and number on bikes and gear besides photoshop?
Gimp, but photoshop is so superior in every aspect that I can't recommend anything else
aeffertz
Team: Studio ATE

Post by aeffertz »

MS Paint is capable enough of putting numbers on your bike or gear. It all depends on how much you want to do and what kind of quality you're after.
Hensley511

Post by Hensley511 »

Photoshop is a good start but if you're looking to get serious with design and all that then Adobe Illustrator is the standard for something like that. Id recommend getting Photoshop and learning about making graphics then progress to Illustrator
mxcowboy14
Team: SBFR

Post by mxcowboy14 »

I know this thread is a bit old but I'd say use Krita if you don't want to pay for Photoshop. It opens psd files better than gimp and the ui and tools are almost identical.
Chicken_Burrito
Team: privateer

Post by Chicken_Burrito »

dont know if i will get into trouble for this but you can get the free demo of Photoshop and just change a value in n++ with one of the files and it resets the trial