Struggling to get blender model into the game properly

Post about creating and skinning models here
Cody Dawe
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Next Level Racing

Struggling to get blender model into the game properly

Post by Cody Dawe »

I got bored last night and figured id start to learn my way around blender to keep me busy and decided to try to make a crappy ramp to get the understanding of what it takes to set it up properly in game. the problem is the way it appears in the game, i can see it, move it around, and collide with it; however, it shows up just as a flat square block. this is my second attempt. my previous attempt last night was the closest, it had the shape of the ramp(but was still quite tiny), but i could not get the collisions to work period. any guidance would be great.
Cody Dawe
Crushed Dissenter

Re: Struggling to get blender model into the game properly

Post by Cody Dawe »

sorry messed up original post and couldnt attach the file. heres an example

heres the file that holds the .blend, .jm/sph/png(just a grey square for testing), and the statues file(path is correct).
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9rqjlxptgu1ab ... e.rar?dl=0
GregDearman
Team: TVCO

Post by GregDearman »

looks like you have not applied scale and rotation. Have you used any objects of similar size for reference at all?
Cody Dawe
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Cody Dawe »

GregDearman wrote:looks like you have not applied scale and rotation. Have you used any objects of similar size for reference at all?
that is a nope. ive adjusted the size 3 times in blender ranging from the objects original size to 6 times the size of the original and it still appears the same in game.
GregDearman

Post by GregDearman »

sneakyKittyGaming wrote:
GregDearman wrote:looks like you have not applied scale and rotation. Have you used any objects of similar size for reference at all?
that is a nope. ive adjusted the size 3 times in blender ranging from the objects original size to 6 times the size of the original and it still appears the same in game.
https://youtu.be/yH1WYC0rm7c

Have a watch of that and pay close attention to when i export it. Your best bet is to try find an object of roughly the same size so you can align the origins and get the scale correct. The tutorial is terrible so I can only apologise in advance but it’s the best I can do while I’m on my phone
Cody Dawe
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Cody Dawe »

GregDearman wrote:
sneakyKittyGaming wrote:
https://youtu.be/yH1WYC0rm7c

Have a watch of that and pay close attention to when i export it. Your best bet is to try find an object of roughly the same size so you can align the origins and get the scale correct. The tutorial is terrible so I can only apologise in advance but it’s the best I can do while I’m on my phone
why thank you sir, this is because of you
tis art
Cody Dawe
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Cody Dawe »

question, is there any way to get objects to ride anywhere close to how it is riding on terrain in the game? i can get the object to be quite smooth at the cost of a fair bit of performance, but cant get the traction correct. it feels like riding on wet concrete
GregDearman

Post by GregDearman »

sneakyKittyGaming wrote:why thank you sir, this is because of you
tis art
Awesome! glad you got it working
sneakyKittyGaming wrote:question, is there any way to get objects to ride anywhere close to how it is riding on terrain in the game? i can get the object to be quite smooth at the cost of a fair bit of performance, but cant get the traction correct. it feels like riding on wet concrete
honestly not sure, I've not tried to make a ramp or any track objects similar