Whipstyle Creations Closet! *Come here for gear!*

Post about creating and skinning models here
Motodude622
Team: Privateer

Re: Whipstyle Creations Closet! *Come here for gear!*

Post by Motodude622 »

I don't see it as just putting name & numbers on gear. A lot of time was spent on the gear itself and since no PSD has been released you would be the only one running it with(apart from gear that has blank .saf's released). As far as for teams go I think it is a fair price. No one is spending 100$+ You are spending 40-60$ to have all your names/numbers/logos put on 5 sets of gear each (That's 40 sets for an 8 rider team) along with the rights to running the gear. Yes 10$ is steep for one set but you are getting your own, private set that no one else can run without the PSD. To make it even more exlusive some sets of gear aren't even released in a .saf. And no, it doesn't just take 5 minutes to do this, the normal and spec map is adjusted for the name/number as well tested in game in efforts to provide the best quality. Like I said, it's just an idea, if it fails it fails. I don't mind taking advice and changing some of the pricing, but 10$ will still stay the starting price.
Motodude622
Team: Privateer

Post by Motodude622 »

Okay, I took your thoughts into consideration and adjusted the prices. Hopefully this seems more feasible.
dawsonsleeper

Post by dawsonsleeper »

Motodude622 wrote:Okay, I took your thoughts into consideration and adjusted the prices. Hopefully this seems more feasible.
thats much much more realistic.
jlv wrote:WTF I love Trump now! Make America great again!
USABMXER1
Team: DaBaum Designs

Post by USABMXER1 »

Motodude622 wrote: **FOR JRE MODEL GEAR SETS YOU NEED TO PROVIDE PROOF OF PURCHASE**
So in order to get gear that is made on the JRE model you have to purchase the JRE model. But you don't get to even have the PSD of the gear. Doesn't quite seem right to have to purchase his rider model if you aren't even getting a PSD to do whatever you want on the gear.
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

USABMXER1 wrote:
Motodude622 wrote: **FOR JRE MODEL GEAR SETS YOU NEED TO PROVIDE PROOF OF PURCHASE**
So in order to get gear that is made on the JRE model you have to purchase the JRE model. But you don't get to even have the PSD of the gear. Doesn't quite seem right to have to purchase his rider model if you aren't even getting a PSD to do whatever you want on the gear.
+1
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

USABMXER1 wrote:
Unfortunately because the world we live in today, this is the only way for creators to actually protect their work. If one wrong person was sold the PSD, 100 would have it within a week.
DBRider251

Post by DBRider251 »

checkerz wrote:
USABMXER1 wrote:
Unfortunately because the world we live in today, this is the only way for creators to actually protect their work. If one wrong person was sold the PSD, 100 would have it within a week.
I don't think that's what he was arguing against. Through this, we have to prove we purchased JRE's model to get a scrammed .saf of gear. That means we have to purchase a model psd and blend for no reason if we don't plan on using it.
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

DBRider251 wrote:
checkerz wrote:
USABMXER1 wrote: So in order to get gear that is made on the JRE model you have to purchase the JRE model. But you don't get to even have the PSD of the gear. Doesn't quite seem right to have to purchase his rider model if you aren't even getting a PSD to do whatever you want on the gear.
I don't think that's what he was arguing against. Through this, we have to prove we purchased JRE's model to get a scrammed .saf of gear. That means we have to purchase a model psd and blend for no reason if we don't plan on using it.
You only need to purchase JRE's model if the gear you are purchasing goes on that model... which means you are using his model.

If you're not using gear that goes on JRE's model, you don't need to prove you bought his model.
DBRider251

Post by DBRider251 »

checkerz wrote:
DBRider251 wrote:
checkerz wrote:
You only need to purchase JRE's model if the gear you are purchasing goes on that model... which means you are using his model.

If you're not using gear that goes on JRE's model, you don't need to prove you bought his model.
But we never receive a .psd... By your logic, I would need to buy Jeremy's Honda if I downloaded an MV team bike .saf. Even if I had no intention of creating anything for Jeremy's Honda.
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

DBRider251 wrote:
checkerz wrote:
DBRider251 wrote: I don't think that's what he was arguing against. Through this, we have to prove we purchased JRE's model to get a scrammed .saf of gear. That means we have to purchase a model psd and blend for no reason if we don't plan on using it.

But we never receive a .psd... By your logic, I would need to buy Jeremy's Honda if I downloaded an MV team bike .saf. Even if I had no intention of creating anything for Jeremy's Honda.
You're trying to compare downloading a team bike at no charge to SEE ANOTHER RIDER versus buying a PERSONALIZED GEAR SET in order to USE PERSONALLY.

If that isn't clear enough, I don't have time to explain further.

It's messy, but I will not fault creators for trying to protect their content.
DBRider251

Post by DBRider251 »

checkerz wrote:
DBRider251 wrote:
checkerz wrote: You only need to purchase JRE's model if the gear you are purchasing goes on that model... which means you are using his model.

You're trying to compare downloading a team bike at no charge to SEE ANOTHER RIDER versus buying a PERSONALIZED GEAR SET in order to USE PERSONALLY.

If that isn't clear enough, I don't have time to explain further.

It's messy, but I will not fault creators for trying to protect their content.
Nothing's stopping me from downloading and using an MV bike personally though. The logic just isn't there Chris. When you buy graphics irl, the creator doesn't make sure you own a 1995 CR250 template to make them for you. He paid for the template to create something for you to use personally. As long as the designer purchased it, there shouldn't be a problem. JRE even said that I could buy the template and send it to someone to make gear for me.
jre wrote:
question wrote:3. If we want someone to make us a gear, can we share the files with the creator? Ex: Silverskate or any other one.
3. I think I have to allow that or it's going to be pretty hard for the artist to do any good job.
I'm not against protecting creators content, but JRE doesn't care if people create stuff for other people or he would shut silverskate and others down... Making sure they own the model makes no sense.