Illustrator or photoshop

Post about creating and skinning models here
bootsie

Illustrator or photoshop

Post by bootsie »

hello i was wondering which one is better Illustrator or Photoshop and what are the differences if you dont mind Thanks
ColtHans

Re: Illustrator or photoshop

Post by ColtHans »

bootsie wrote:hello i was wondering which one is better Illustrator or Photoshop and what are the differences if you dont mind Thanks
illustrator is probably better if you're making stuff for irl, but if it's just stuff for sim, stick to photoshop. But something good about ai is when you resize something, it doesn't pixel out, it stays high res
Dennis129
Team: Privateer

Post by Dennis129 »

I would go with Photoshop
bootsie

Post by bootsie »

ColtHans wrote:
bootsie wrote:hello i was wondering which one is better Illustrator or Photoshop and what are the differences if you dont mind Thanks
illustrator is probably better if you're making stuff for irl, but if it's just stuff for sim, stick to photoshop. But something good about ai is when you resize something, it doesn't pixel out, it stays high res
alright thanks man.
bootsie

Post by bootsie »

Dennis129 wrote:I would go with Photoshop
alright thanks man
model_90
Team: Heemlock

Post by model_90 »

ever since i learned ai ive been a diehard ai fan , you can still do a lot of design work in sim on illustrator but stuff likes norms/shading will have to be done with ps, so i try to stick with ai as much as i can
Peters as sharp as a mouse dick-Ol' PizzaChet
NKarassy955
Crushed Dissenter
Team: NCKDecals.com

Post by NKarassy955 »

Illustrator for better quality
Hensley511

Post by Hensley511 »

MS paint>>
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

Illustrator. Just make your graphics in illustrator, and send that cutout to Photoshop to get the rest done.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
bootsie

Post by bootsie »

DBRider251 wrote:Illustrator. Just make your graphics in illustrator, and send that cutout to Photoshop to get the rest done.
But then i would have to buy both lol
DBRider251
Team: Elevated Motorsports

Post by DBRider251 »

bootsie wrote:
DBRider251 wrote:Illustrator. Just make your graphics in illustrator, and send that cutout to Photoshop to get the rest done.
How are you buying them? The subscription based CC Suite comes with both. And you'll need Photoshop to utilize the PSD's anyway.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:it's all the liberals fault
bootsie

Post by bootsie »

DBRider251 wrote:
bootsie wrote:
How are you buying them? The subscription based CC Suite comes with both. And you'll need Photoshop to utilize the PSD's anyway.
how much would it be per month for both
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

There are cheaper options to buy single programs for $20 and a $10 photography pack with just Photoshop and Lightroom, which is kind of a banger deal.

If you have to ask this question, I would suggest trying some free stuff out first and ultimately going with the photography pack. Photoshop has solid vector tools if your only goal is to make MXS content. There is also the arr matey method.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
bootsie

Post by bootsie »

KTM57 wrote:There are cheaper options to buy single programs for $20 and a $10 photography pack with just Photoshop and Lightroom, which is kind of a banger deal.

If you have to ask this question, I would suggest trying some free stuff out first and ultimately going with the photography pack. Photoshop has solid vector tools if your only goal is to make MXS content. There is also the arr matey method.
i already have photoshop i was just wondering if illustrator was any better thank you though