Airoh Helmet Model!

Post about creating and skinning models here
attacker5
Team: Ub e moh tow

Airoh Helmet Model!

Post by attacker5 »

Hello everyone...
I have been working on a Airoh Helmet and decided to share my progress. This is my first proper model for MX Sim and I think that overall I did a fair job of it. Tell Me what you think.

I still have to do some skins for it. I will release a template as well so you too can make skins. :mrgreen:

Hehe... :D
DJ99X

Re: Airoh Helmet Model!

Post by DJ99X »

What about the other helmet?
attacker5

Post by attacker5 »

There were way to many flaws to even bother to fix, so I decided to start over, having lernt a couple new techniques and since i know the whole process now, I will be much better with the entire thing, as I will post a pic soon, but to me, it looks awesome where it is now! :D
attacker5

Post by attacker5 »

I AM PROUD!!!
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
:mrgreen:
attacker5

Post by attacker5 »

It will be really nice if someone could make some skins for this helmet. I have done the UV mapping better than last time. In the download the is the wireframe and the .jm model. Of course you should save the skin as rider_head-Airoh-(Whatever) and put it into your personal folder. Thank You. :D And Thank You MXBiker for the help, also thanks Tim Ferry. :D
http://www.mediafire.com/?dsqh8sis1ab56d5
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Post by tyskorn »

I haven't looked at the map, but there's no goggle lens in the picture you posted. The visor looks funky to me, and the goggles seem to stretch pretty bad right where they hit the helmet. If you look at the goggles on other helmets they seem quite a bit different.
Not my shot, so thanks mxbiker for the shot.

Kind Regards.
Jr Dirt Doctor#489
Team: AEO Powersports

Post by Jr Dirt Doctor#489 »

All i have to say is fix the goggles there tooo small. But nice model. :wink:
DXBMANN
Team: Privateer

Post by DXBMANN »

I like it.. :)
Duckstream

Post by Duckstream »

attacker5 wrote:Hello everyone...
I have been working on a Airoh Helmet and decided to share my progress. This is my first proper model for MX Sim and I think that overall I did a fair job of it. Tell Me what you think.

I still have to do some skins for it. I will release a template as well so you too can make skins. :mrgreen:

http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt20 ... ure1-1.jpg
http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt20 ... re21-1.jpg
http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt20 ... re31-1.jpg
http://i612.photobucket.com/albums/tt20 ... re41-1.jpg
Hehe... :D

the eyes...i didnt mean to make a goggle that has no lence on it and you see two eye cups (i ment to skin the eyes, model the nouse (MAYBE mouth too)
livefast259
Crushed Dissenter
Team: WHITE TRASH

Post by livefast259 »

i think you need a little bit more training and you can be a very good modeler..its not bad,but you need still work on it..I look forward to your next creation.. :wink:
HeGgE
Team: Adept

Post by HeGgE »

If your making a airoh helmet try and make it so it looks like the real one.. with shape and all that. i got one myself and it doesnt look anywhere like that :P
attacker5

Post by attacker5 »

Ok thanks for the replies, just one thing, the goggle lens I specifically left out since last time I did a lens when I texture it I cant see through it at all, obviously since the opacity is set on 100% in photoshop, but when i turn the opacity to something like 40% It has completely disappeared and i can see straight through the helmet? :roll:

@HegHe - Its not as easy as it seems, when I start adding details, the whole mesh warps and dives these wierd black shadows and stuff, BTW any help with that??? Also, you lucky freak lol, I really want a Airoh helmet irl. :lol:
Duckstream

Post by Duckstream »

why dont you post your shots next time to UPCOMING models, and ask what should be improved, that would save space and help you hopefully

about the lense thing, its supose to be like this --- face (Low poly face with some sort of "nose" and maybe a mouth...but the eyes can be skinned into there (without modeling the "holes"
--- next to face is goggles, the goggles lens can be alphat out (or the texture can be left how you want) to see the eyes...
the face should be different than the lens..it look bad if theres no lens or if you only see a face....

next time you feel like releasing, post pictures of it into UPCOMING MODELS and people will reply, dont believe all the comments new members say like : YEY RELEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
just try to get the critism and help out the comments... people posting comments like that (the yey release....) are just happy for a second, then they just go around other topics and say the same things...
if you promise to ask people opinion on the upcoming section, i can promise to reply to your post's since you clearly need advises (IM NOT SAYING YOU SUCK, i mean you could use a little help and practice :) )
attacker5

Post by attacker5 »

Ok duck. Thanks I will. :D
MXONLINE_GEICO

Post by MXONLINE_GEICO »

u make the new airoh or the old 1?cuz it looks alot like the new 1 like this
http://www.erbinspictjers.be/fotoreeks/ ... mmel86.jpg