*rider model & astars bionic neck support*

Post about creating and skinning models here
Stickerz
Team: N/A

Re: *rider model & astars bionic neck support*

Post by Stickerz »

Old skins use a different rider model, they won't work with the new rider model UNLESS someone converts them.
p2sta

Post by p2sta »

guys please read the posts carefully, the rider is not for users, it's for creators...or for those who has pngs of some gear and know how to use it....skins released before will still look same unless those guys release it again with this model ;)
Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Post by Andy_Hack »

amazing work P2sta !
thats for sure a 10/10 ! :D
*fancy signature*
d4u5d6u7 wrote:good staff, nice skins, like
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer here, but I think that most/all of the people saying "Oh yeah, this is perfect, YAAY!" haven't put a skin on it yet. They're doing 2 things - looking at the Alpinestars brace and your RMZ. They figure "this guy modeled that sick RMZ, so this is going to be perfect!" Well, your RMZ is great, and the Alpinestar brace is great, and your modeling skills are great, but the unwrapping is straight GIMPY.This is a major problem because the unwrapping on a model can make or break it. IMO, it's broken this model. For example:

On the skin:

You can see that this is centered well and perfectly horizontal.

On the model:

You can see that this looks pretty darn bad. It's lopsided - pretty badly. I know that the logo is placed along an edge, but it really shouldn't be this bad.

More evidence of this problem is shown on Crossman's gear.

The wireframe isn't even symmetrical in some places - it REALLY should be.

I know that unwrapping is very hard, and I know that I can't do it, but I'm sure that you can. Look at your skills.

You said that there was stretching on the legs, but this is pretty darn bad, too. It kind of does it in the front as well (these were from the butt area).
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
p2sta

Post by p2sta »

thanks for the crits man, finally someone who can look at it and tell me the truth :)

I know the unwrapping is bad and i don't have skills to make it better atm...I'm trying to learn more about it, but it's quite hard as you can see just basic tutorial or stuff like "use relax tool" and it's ok...but that's not how it works to make it easy to skin, so hopefully I will get some more experience with this soon :)

about that symmetrical stuff...the body is not symmetrical so the wire can't be too(I guess)...anyway for the next update on the rider I will work a lot more on the wire to make it easier for skinner to skin it ;)
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

OK.

If you could make it symmetrical, that would be great. Until then, I'm afraid that I don't want to skin anything on it just yet.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
redbull57
Team: Privateer

Post by redbull57 »

when you download this, is it supposed to have gear in the rider model pack? or no
Nybrok
Team: Privateer

Post by Nybrok »

Well IMO, the thing KTM pointed out, looks somehow realistic. Like, when you put your jersey on, nothing is really "straight" anymore, the jersey bends etc.... idk how to explain it :lol:

BUT also, i have to agree with ktm57, i used your leatt strap (ktm57) and on the right side the strap is messy... and it looks unrealistic
Achievements:
-2011 EMF AX champion
-2010 SMA Outdoor champion
-2010 SMA Survival series winner
-2010 MXSON 2nd place (Finland)
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

KTM said pretty much everything I wanted to say about the wireframe after trying to do a skin for it.

Btw, as a general question to everyone, well skinners mostly, what's a good way to get a picture to match as seamless as possible from the front of the shirt onto the back of the shirt? E.g. the picture/shape/whatever would start from say, center from the front and would continue through the right side onto the back. I've tried and tried but I can't get it to work.
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

If you have CS5, you can open up the model in Photoshop then draw on it, then use that as your guideline.

I'm not sure on the specifics of that, though, since I use Photoshop Elements.
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Can you do the same with an existing picture? 'Cause I'm trying to copy paste a picture/pattern, not draw it myself from scratch.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Maybe. I'm not sure.
The Conman
Team: Ardent/TGphoto/Adept

Post by The Conman »

p2sta wrote:guys please read the posts carefully, the rider is not for users, it's for creators...or for those who has pngs of some gear and know how to use it....skins released before will still look same unless those guys release it again with this model ;)
Well yeah, but I also have that 2011 Fox Platinum Gear Yahama released, and it looks different to me. I have one question though, is the guy supposed to have one foot on the foot-peg and one on the ground like in the preview pick? Because I'm pretty sure my guy doesn't do that.

Sorry for the stupid questions, I got the game like a month and a half ago so you know, I never have had to update my rider model except for the ddmxv2 so that's why I'm asking these questions.
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Ok, I tried to play around with the 3D view and texturing the rider but gave up. Getting a simple triangle to line up on the shirt going from front to rightside and to the back requires rotating and scaling upwards the triangle part that's on the back side of the shirt. No chance in hell to get a proper image to line up.

Could the shirt wireframe be made to join somewhere else than on the sides? Some easy place like straight in the middle of front and back, that way there's hardly any stretching on the lining part, and it would make asymmetrical gear/graphics on the rider's sides easier to make.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Shadow wrote:Could the shirt wireframe be made to join. . .straight in the middle of front and back. . .would make asymmetrical gear/graphics on the rider's sides easier to make.
I would love that. Hardly any gear would be hard to match up there.

Maybe a version like this and a version like that?
The Conman wrote:Well yeah, but I also have that 2011 Fox Platinum Gear Yahama released, and it looks different to me.
It was released on and made for this model.
The Conman wrote:I have one question though, is the guy supposed to have one foot on the foot-peg and one on the ground like in the preview pick? Because I'm pretty sure my guy doesn't do that.
No.