noob room

Post your suggestions here
adhkcrfhonda

noob room

Post by adhkcrfhonda »

i think we need a noob room! still cool to see you adding to the forum.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: noob room

Post by jlv »

I thought about it and decided not to. I'd like this place to be friendly enough that new people aren't afraid to ask a question. Splitting the forum into a noob half and a vet half doesn't seem like it would help achieve that.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
magnusson
Team: Wannabe

Post by magnusson »

i think it wood, i will probably come white more suggestions because of the "suggestion box" :lol:
vurbmoto wrote: - Kevin Windham is still a BOSS
My Release's on PureMXS
adhkcrfhonda

Post by adhkcrfhonda »

but the truth is, and it has been proven in the past that people here arent nice enough to the noobs.
Goardy
Team: Satan

Post by Goardy »

i think we should have a wordfilter on noob, that way we wont all sound like discriminatory bastards, lol
Get a pack of dogs up ya!
ゲイセックス、笑
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

adhkcrfhonda wrote:but the truth is, and it has been proven in the past that people here arent nice enough to the noobs.
The solution to that is to get rid of the abusive people. Maybe it will just be me and the noobs here after a while! :P
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Judge
Crushed Dissenter
Team: FSK

Post by Judge »

jlv wrote:
adhkcrfhonda wrote:but the truth is, and it has been proven in the past that people here arent nice enough to the noobs.
The solution to that is to get rid of the abusive people. Maybe it will just be me and the noobs here after a while! :P
I agree, not like a lifetime banshould be given cause of calling someone a noob once, maybe it should work as racing bans ( as in 1 day, 1 week, 1 month... ), that way I believe we really could achieve a nice and friendly community.

As for splitting the forum in two halves, I think it would be even more discriminatory to do that, than to just call people noobs. Plus I bet there would always be some idiots ( would call some names but I'd rather pass. ) "trolling" the "noob half" of the forum...

Anywhat, it's just my opinion, maybe it also could be a good idea, who knows...
chris465

Post by chris465 »

jlv wrote:The solution to that is to get rid of the abusive people. Maybe it will just be me and the noobs here after a while! :P
Nope I would still be here with you too. I do think you need to be a little harder on the guys that just pick on people, but I am sure you already know that.