Game layout / menu visual competition ??

Post your suggestions here
Judan

Game layout / menu visual competition ??

Post by Judan »

I thought it might be a good idea to get a few designers to create a menu layout type thing like i saw someone do in another thread but once everyone has handed theres in make a pole to decided whats best
then get the creator of that design to work with jlv to create it.

this isnt a definate thing yet but if people like the idea ill post up a actual competition thread in general dicussion with what to do etc, then once all there in make a pole.

but ye all who like the idea come and tell me
tyskorn
Team: Adept MX Graphics

Re: Game layout / menu visual competition ??

Post by tyskorn »

I like the new menu.I don't think we need a new one at all.
Judan

Post by Judan »

so youd rather borign black background with grey buttons ? and normal font
i dont think you understand the concept of making somthing beter

for example old menu now we have a newer one
which is beter new one oviously because there was more time spent on it
and if newer versions where made with a vote on whats best then wouldnt you think itd be beter.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

i dont think you understand the concept of making somthing beter
I don't think you understand the concept of making something better. Making it 'look better' does not translate to it being better. Making it more complex only adds to loading time, and will probably make things harder to find.

You look at it for 0.1% of the time you play the game. As long as it is well laid out, which it is, that is all that should matter.
Judan

Post by Judan »

i know if you add a million and one things it makes it go slower but like someone showed im not sure who made it, a simple but realy good looking background same with the buttons and font and im guessing from the look of it it wouldnt be much larger than the one we have now.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

You can change the font if you want. Here is an example: http://mxsimulator.com/benchracing3/vie ... 4127#p4127 Here is the file you edit (right click, save as, it'll look like it's just red dots when you go to the page): http://mxsimulator.com/models/font.png
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.