physics engine!

Post your suggestions here
magnusson
Team: Wannabe

physics engine!

Post by magnusson »

it feels some times i'm riding on the moon when i'm playing MXS, he jumps so far when you go slow on a jump or some thing like that. What i'm trying to say is that i thing it needs to fix the gravity in-game(well the gravity on earth is like 9.800 m/s²) i think the gravity in game is not realistic, tell me what you think?
vurbmoto wrote: - Kevin Windham is still a BOSS
My Release's on PureMXS
DJ99X

Re: physics engine!

Post by DJ99X »

Have you played any of the MVA games? They feel like your in space.

Key word there is feel. Pretty much any game will have the correct gravitational constant, as gravity is pretty basic when it comes to physics.

Out of any game I've played, I'd rate this the most realistic when it comes to the 'feel' of gravity. But as Checkerz wrote about Reflex, sometimes the camera angles can make it 'feel' different.

I've played Untamed on PS2 though, and that seriously felt like the moon. It did not appear like it had the correct gravity at all, and felt completely different to the PS3 version, and Unleashed. I don't know what was up with that, it did not seem right at all.
magnusson

Post by magnusson »

well, i see this from watching replays and u see the supercross series they are hitting all the jumps that they are doing on the 450´s in real life(i think :? ) ??
My Release's on PureMXS
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Well, the tracks made for the series are not exact replicas of the real tracks. The jumps do have different slopes, heights and distances between. Also, there is no fear factor in MXS, so you probably get people doing jumps that someone wouldn't normally do on a real bike.
magnusson

Post by magnusson »

thats right, but it still feel like the guy flies on a small jump, but what do i know i'm just another noob trying to say something :D

off-topic: is JLV started working on a new update because the SX series is over?
My Release's on PureMXS
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

magnusson

Post by magnusson »

awesome, awesome to the MAX! :wink:
My Release's on PureMXS
Rallemx

Post by Rallemx »

robbimagg wrote:thats right, but it still feel like the guy flies on a small jump, but what do i know i'm just another noob trying to say something :D

off-topic: is JLV started working on a new update because the SX series is over?
The FOV might fool you too..Set it real low and it'll look like you're going slow but it sends you 50ft up in the air. And if you raise it, you'll go superfast and jump very far but low.

And yeah as far as I know JLV is working on a snapshot, there will be a new one next week I think, or the week after that.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

robbimagg wrote:well, i see this from watching replays and u see the supercross series they are hitting all the jumps that they are doing on the 450´s in real life(i think :? ) ??
What rythem is that? jumping into the whoops the 250s were jumping two, that's all we could get. The back rythem the PC guys were all going 3-3-3 in the main, so could we. Maybe 5 people on here were able to triple before the finish, the top 10 in the Lite class could.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.