Mxserver Tutorial

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Re: Mxserver Tutorial

Post by jlv »

Add "pause" to the end of your bat file.

cd C:\Users\YourName\Desktop\mxserver
mxserver.exe --args-file serverargs.txt
pause
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Wings
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Wings »

yay! :D thx bro
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

That will only keep the box open, its not going to make the server run
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Another problem I found: You need to add a folder path to the info names within the serverargs file. That, or just take the info files out of the trackinfo folder, and put them in the same folder as the serverargs file
KX125

Post by KX125 »

Hey,
I have a little problem, with the mxserver.exe .
The console opens a very short time but then it clothes.
I cant open it. Whats wrong?

My system is windows7.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Read from this post: http://mxsimulator.com/benchracing3/vie ... 90#p128590 on, see if that can fix your problem :).
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
KX125

Post by KX125 »

Okay, thank you for your help. But i dont't know whats wrong ;)
Maybe you can have a look to my folder?
http://www.mediafire.com/?gjaoyly4n2m
cpt_Slow
Team: Privateer

Post by cpt_Slow »

I think it is because you have left your trackinfo file in its trackinfo folder. Either put the file in the main directory (ie. with the rest of your files) or change the line in your args file from "alcrest.trackinfo" to "trackinfo/alcrest.trackinfo"

Good luck
KX125

Post by KX125 »

the mx server folder is all, what i have, what did you mean with ,,the rest of your files'' ?
I have only on my arg file do now: I changed ''alcrest.trackinfo'' in ''trackinfo/alcrest.trackinfo''.
But everytime I cant open the mxserver.exe file.
cpt_Slow

Post by cpt_Slow »

What I meant was, in that folder you uploaded you have your main mxserver folder. This contains your "mxserver.exe" "serverargs" etc. This is what I meant by "the rest of your files".

In this mxserver folder you have another folder called "trackinfo". Your "alcrest.trackinfo" file is in there. Try taking it out of that folder and placing it in the main mxserver folder. Now change your "serverargs" file back to how it was. (Saying alcrest.trackinfo instead of trackinfo/alcrest.trackinfo).

I tried that and got it working fine.

Just to check, you are running mxserver.exe from a bat file? Not just double clicking the exe?
KX125

Post by KX125 »

Thanks,
Now I put the alcrest.trackinfo into my Main mxserver folder.
I run the mxserver.exe not from a bat file. how can i do that?
cpt_Slow

Post by cpt_Slow »

yzmxer608 wrote:
Running the Server:
  • Now everything you need for the server to run is there. To get the server running I create a batch file, it's easy to use (once made).
  • Right click somewhere (desktop is fine) and go to New, then choose text file from the list. You can name it anything you want, startserver is descriptive enough. Open the txt file and use this as a guideline:

Code: Select all

cd Directory Of mxserver
    • So for example, if you had your mxserver folder on your desktop, you would have (for Win7/Vista):

Code: Select all

cd C:\Users\YourName\Desktop\mxserver
  • The 'cd' just changes the working directory of the command prompt, so it "operates" out of where you tell it to (in our case the mxserver folder). The next line starts the mxserver.exe and passes --args-file serverargs.txt as a parameter, telling the server to use the args file you created. When you are done save the txt file, but, after you saved it right click the file and go to Rename, you can keep the actual name the same but delete the .txt and replace it with .bat. (you can skip this if you use Notepad++ and just save it as a .bat file right away). You will get a warning about changing the file type, just click Ok.

Now, all you should have to do is double click your new batch file and your server should start up. If the command prompt doesn't stay open something has gone wrong. First thing to check is if there are any typos in your args file, if that doesn't work try right clicking the batch file and go to Run as administrator.
KX125

Post by KX125 »

Thank you, but there I must start the MXserver.exe and i cant do this?
cpt_Slow

Post by cpt_Slow »

You start it by opening your batch file. I'm afraid I can't really explain it any better than yzmxer already has. Sorry.
22sheza

Post by 22sheza »

what the args file