halfmile

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

halfmile

Post by jlv »

Here's my old half mile Phat. It's so old the terrain isn't a png!

http://mxsimulator.com/tracks/halfmile.zip
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
Mikey

Re: halfmile

Post by Mikey »

This thing is sweet, perfect tile map decals!
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
cuzmxer544
Team: Privateer

Post by cuzmxer544 »

this needs to be on one of the servers
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

We were talking on ventrillo about having a circle track series after supercross is over. I think it would be crazy fun with a group of good riders.
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

ShackAttack12 wrote:I think it would be crazy fun with a group of good riders.
Where can you find a group of good riders in MXS though? I'm working on a track this morning, but I'm struggling with the traction, can't get anything that feels decent. :(

Thanks for posting this JLV. :)
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

Phathry25 wrote:
ShackAttack12 wrote:I think it would be crazy fun with a group of good riders.
Where can you find a group of good riders in MXS though? I'm working on a track this morning, but I'm struggling with the traction, can't get anything that feels decent. :(

Thanks for posting this JLV. :)
Honestly, i think the stock traction would be fun. Going around 75% of the track with the back end sliding out would be fun as hell.
ShackAttack12
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

I think stock is close, but I'm trying to create a groove type feeling and if you get off of that have it be a little loamier so you can still pin it and keep pace. I struggle with feeling how slight changes effect the bike, and if I make big changes it becomes un-rideable.

We need a dev version of MXS that displays each wheels slip rate, and friction coefficient, that would be dope. I got my hands on a dev copy of rFactor in the day when I was working on mods for it, helped me 1,000,000x over to understand what exactly was happening and how to change it to suit my needs.
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

Phathry25 wrote:I think stock is close, but I'm trying to create a groove type feeling and if you get off of that have it be a little loamier so you can still pin it and keep pace. I struggle with feeling how slight changes effect the bike, and if I make big changes it becomes un-rideable.

We need a dev version of MXS that displays each wheels slip rate, and friction coefficient, that would be dope. I got my hands on a dev copy of rFactor in the day when I was working on mods for it, helped me 1,000,000x over to understand what exactly was happening and how to change it to suit my needs.
Jlv provide you with the DNA of his monster?? HA!
ShackAttack12
Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

I'm not talking about being able to edit anything that we can't already. Just being able to display the forces acting on the bike. You can do it in LFS, why not MXS. :)

On a side note, I hate editing tracks, I do tons of work, then flake on hitting the old "s" key.... :oops:
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

Phathry25 wrote:I think stock is close, but I'm trying to create a groove type feeling and if you get off of that have it be a little loamier so you can still pin it and keep pace. I struggle with feeling how slight changes effect the bike, and if I make big changes it becomes un-rideable.

Have you tried keeping a fairly good traction at low speeds but drop it for the higher speeds, then with the assbackwards rolling resistance, I got a pretty fun tileinfo setting which enabled good back end slides. :D
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

For blue groove the sliding friction should be lower than the static friction. Something like this:

friction 1.0 6.0
friction 0.8 8.0
roll_resist 5.0 15.0 10.0

For a cushion you want to go the other way, higher sliding friction and more drag -

friction 0.9 1.0
friction 1.0 6.0
friction 1.5 64.0
roll_resist 15.0 25.0 10.0
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
GoPro HD

Post by GoPro HD »

Oh my JLV! This is the funnest track ever! Just out of curiosity what lap times are you guys getting? I have been running the 20-21 range.
Cody Darr
Team: Start Your Systems

Post by Cody Darr »

This is sweet we should get a couple of these a flat 1/2, JLV's half mile, a 1/4 mile and maybe even a 3/8 short track with a little bank and make series it would be so sick to have a bunch of battles every race
2011 LRS Monday Night local Series 125 Pro Champion
jlv wrote:What a dope! He should have saved that move for the last lap like Cody Darr!
Wahlamt
Team: MLG Compton

Post by Wahlamt »

5th gear pinned all lap around ... ... ...
GoPro HD

Post by GoPro HD »

If we are doing a series for these tracks count me in. I would say I have a pretty dang fast lap here and I am very consistent.