NEED HELP WITH BUYING A COMPUTER! PLEASE HELP!

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
MX PRODIGY 17
Team: TBR

NEED HELP WITH BUYING A COMPUTER! PLEASE HELP!

Post by MX PRODIGY 17 »

ok so i am looking to buy a new computer for my birthday and am looking on ebay and came across this desktop. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 2293wt_905 i want to know if it will be able to support a bunch of riders for races with alot of people! my computer now wont support 10 people in a sx race without lag and thts on model and texture both on 3... yea its bad. i want to know if i should get the upgrade on ram and make it 8gb or not. also the graphics/video card im still not decided if i should upgrade that. Please help me out you would be doing me a huge favor. i did alot of research and found alot but just want to confirm that it will run it before i make a purchase and regret it! THANKS

sorry might not be the best section but i knew id get the most responses here :]
Zane_Mx#88

Re: NEED HELP WITH BUYING A COMPUTER! PLEASE HELP!

Post by Zane_Mx#88 »

Doesnt look bad at all. It's a good amount of RAM, but the more the better. The ATI graphics are good. But ive personally always been a fan of nvidia. And 28$ definatly is not much for an upgrade to NVIDIA. Its definatly a good deal. It'll definatly run alot better than what you have now.
MX PRODIGY 17

Post by MX PRODIGY 17 »

haha at this point anything will run better than what i have now :] im going to go with both upgrades in the longrun it will be worth it. Thanks for the help!
Zane_Mx#88

Post by Zane_Mx#88 »

May as well get both. The more the marrier :mrgreen:
Zachkx100

Post by Zachkx100 »

The graphics card is pretty weak. I've got a 4850 which is better than that computer comes with and I get lag with 25+, it's fine if you're going to just do supercross, but if you want to play with more people, as in nationals, I say find a better deal. As with any prebuilt computer you're going to be paying more than what it's going to cost to build one yourself. I say find someone that you know that knows about computers and ask him what's the best bang for your buck, and build one yourself, it's a lot cheaper, and you can get better parts for it because of that. I'd say not to buy that though, it might or might not be better than what you've got now(I don't know what you have right now) so you might be bummed.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Shout out to Dwayne241 for my sig!
BallZach<3
MX PRODIGY 17

Post by MX PRODIGY 17 »

idk if you saw but i am getting the upgrades for 8gb ram and a nVidia GT 430 graphics card. but yea i understand where your coming from but i don't have anybody i could ask to build me a computer. and are you lagging with max graphics? or are they turned low? because i really think this mite be my best bet. i mainly do sx any way but i plan to do a few nationals.
Stickerz
Team: N/A

Post by Stickerz »

I could build you a computer, but that could cause some... problems... being as I'm probably too far away...=/
If you have a desktop I would seriously consider just upgrading your graphics card, see how far that gets you, but if you have a laptop, a whole new pc is in order ;)
Yamaha285
Team: MotoStar Racing

Post by Yamaha285 »

Usually not knowing much about it can bite you in the ass later though keep this in mind you should do some research with your ?s making sure your board is PCI express stuff like that most are now days but once again we dont know what your using right know. if its way out of date buy a new set up if you cant trust yourself to build your own. When i built mine i refused to look into what i was getting into and found out that my hardrive, CD rom, plugs didnt fit my new mother board and the power supply was well old lol but its still a prime example of researching the most you can before making a big payment.
Zane_Mx#88

Post by Zane_Mx#88 »

While we are in this topic, im thinking about buying a PC myself. Anyone knows a good place to buy a good PC for mxs championship races for say a little over 500 at max?
MX PRODIGY 17

Post by MX PRODIGY 17 »

im running a dell insporon 1545 laptop. it has a Pentium dual core processor running 2.10 GHz. it has 3 gigs of ram. its about 2.5 years old. and yea ive done research on alot of things about the graphics card and stuff from what i read it seems to be prrty good. the main reason why i want this is for the adobe software it comeswith but i know thats not a good reason to buy it. ill look more into other ones but i thought that it was a prrty good deal. but again im not good with all the different computer parts.

PS stickerz where ya live :p
FMXIAN
Team: Star Island Motors

Post by FMXIAN »

I don't know if I'm much help being as I'm only majoring in Computer Science, but try these.

www.newegg.com

www.tigerdirect.com
Four Wheels Move the Body, Two Wheels Move the Soul.
Zane_Mx#88

Post by Zane_Mx#88 »

Thanks
Zane_Mx#88

Post by Zane_Mx#88 »

Sorry for double post, but found this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6883147697
Stickerz
Team: N/A

Post by Stickerz »

MX PRODIGY 17 wrote:im running a dell insporon 1545 laptop. it has a Pentium dual core processor running 2.10 GHz. it has 3 gigs of ram. its about 2.5 years old. and yea ive done research on alot of things about the graphics card and stuff from what i read it seems to be prrty good. the main reason why i want this is for the adobe software it comeswith but i know thats not a good reason to buy it. ill look more into other ones but i thought that it was a prrty good deal. but again im not good with all the different computer parts.

PS stickerz where ya live :p
Washington, USA ;)
And my laptop has more RAM :lol:

Zane that definitely won't run 30 people ;) doubt it could even run a sx race without shaders :twisted: graphics card... sucks=/