Weight transfer, and getting that b*stard rear end out.

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Dank_Vapours

Weight transfer, and getting that b*stard rear end out.

Post by Dank_Vapours »

Okay guys, I've been riding for a few months now, getting quicker (nothing special, just fast enough to have fun) and while examining demos i've noticed people seem to lean wayy back while braking, as they approach their turning point they slam their rider forward, and stay forward while the power comes on, before leaning right back again. Now, is this the right way of doing things? i tend to remain in a central position while braking, leaning forward gradually as i begin to turn then lean back if i'm coming out of a berm, but on the flat i stay forward, trying to get the rear end to step out power me round the turn. And on that note, i've got rider position at 0.33, leaning right forward, and the rear just doesn't seem to want to step out xD. Is a rm125 just not powerful enough?

Any setup advice, etc, would be appreciated. Also, what front brake power are people running on? (i use both brakes while braking, pulsing the rear as quick as i can).

"the only disadvantage on a two stroke would be between the seat and handlebars. the rider...

that usually is the case."
Junior
Team: Privateer

Re: Weight transfer, and getting that b*stard rear end out.

Post by Junior »

Personaly I lean back coming into the turn to keep the back end planted under braking, then I keep my rider in a neutral position throughout the turn. My rider distrabution is .42 I use this for supercross. The rm125 is powerfull enough but the 250f's will definatly give you more of an advantage. (My brakes are 430 front 350 back)
Skype- Junior-518
Time for the MX Season =)
TBARRY34
Team: BARRY

Post by TBARRY34 »

Depends on your bike setup/style and how you feel comfortable. Some people lean back some people stay neutral, I lean forward (Course not into a rough section). It's whatever works for you. Although to kick the rear end out into a power slide gotta tap the back brake to get it to kick out. Although power sliding isn't always efficient
OllzMate

Post by OllzMate »

I tend to lean back when braking in real life and then i sit more forward going around a turn and then shift my body to the back coming out of the corner, i find it effective in r/l and on here. so it probably is a good technigue to learn, also i find that i wipe out less when i lean forward on mx sim.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Outdoors I lean back coming into corners, on SX I either stay neutral of lean forward (I sit down for both). I normally sit down through the whole corner and the exit. I find it fairly easy for the back end to powerslide, but I usually downshift all the way to first, then hammer it and bang through the gears (in 180 sx turns at least, sweepers outdoors you can carry speed more). I ride a yz125.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
FelipeMX
Team: Finesse Supersports

Post by FelipeMX »

It could be noticed watching Shack in the last SX Round, he was always leaning back when coming into corners...
Finesse Supersports
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

I also lean back while braking. Otherwise it take's less then 2sec befoure I start frontflipping.
But I almost never lean forward. I'm a guy that goes flat and full throtle. So my back sweeps already enough around. If I would lean forward I could start making donuts :).
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
Stickerz
Team: N/A

Post by Stickerz »

scheeve3 wrote:If I would lean forward I could start making donuts :).
On that subject, I have tried numerous times to do donuts, is it even really possible?
karlwb
Team: Privateer

Post by karlwb »

well for me IRL,what makes the best riders is how they move their weight around the bike.

in game the top riders will use a high rider mass distribution setting because that offers the greatest leverage forward and back,of course the higher setting you go the more critical correct positioning becomes and the better overall your skill/setup needs to be to make it pay off.
Prologue

Post by Prologue »

Basically in MXS your rider doesn't get tired. In real life this whole business of leaning forward like a goon under heavy braking wouldnt fly cause it'd tire you out big time. That is why motocross racers lean back. In game I lean back and then come forward after the apex of the turn to transfer weight forward for acceleration. You've probably seen in some MXS videos people lean forward the whole time while braking, it is really stable in certain situations, but I'm not too fond of it it just because it is unrealistic. Definitely lean forward in bowl turns in supercross while accelerating after the apex, though. If you don't the front is very slippery/bouncy and it is hard to be consistent.
Dank_Vapours

Post by Dank_Vapours »

But I thought it was best to lean back when the powers on (after you've got the bike pointing the way it needs to be) to get some weight on the rear for more grip and acceleration? I've had a fiddle with my settings and riding style (thanks very much everyone);
I've bumped up the anti-lock front braking strength, and am using how far I lean back as a way of controlling how quickly I brake, turned down levelling to 5, and no roll control except damping (i find it makes life really difficult sometimes, so i just turned it off xD ). As i come off the brakes i lean forward and sit down, seems to work best.

"the only disadvantage on a two stroke would be between the seat and handlebars. the rider...

that usually is the case."
Ballsfalsky
Team: Tim Hortons

Post by Ballsfalsky »

Prologue wrote:Basically in MXS your rider doesn't get tired. In real life this whole business of leaning forward like a goon under heavy braking wouldnt fly cause it'd tire you out big time. That is why motocross racers lean back. In game I lean back and then come forward after the apex of the turn to transfer weight forward for acceleration. You've probably seen in some MXS videos people lean forward the whole time while braking, it is really stable in certain situations, but I'm not too fond of it it just because it is unrealistic. Definitely lean forward in bowl turns in supercross while accelerating after the apex, though. If you don't the front is very slippery/bouncy and it is hard to be consistent.
Yep I do the same. I always find myself blowing berms when I brake, because Im so used to replicating my real life riding style in game. ( I dont actually blow berms in real life)