Hangtown 2010

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
haggqvist

Hangtown 2010

Post by haggqvist »

Hangtown is now officially open for practice!

I've included three different versions of the track to make it playable for as many people as possible. All three versions have the same hash in the trackinfo file so it should be possible to use different versions on the same server, this has not been tested though.
It might be that even the low-res version is too demanding when running a full gate, if that's the case I'll release another one before raceday with less objects.

Enjoy!

Credits:
- Jones, Yamaha285 and Mr.Two for beta-testing, this wouldn't have been half as good without your input!
- Shadow for helping out with the tileinfo, beta-testing and general troubleshooting.
- p2sta for the Hangtown objects.
- Dj for the Millville objects.
- Staydown and FactoryBR21 for the billboard trees.
- All the other people who have tested the track at some point and provided feedback.

Links:
Hangtown 2010 high-res version [uses ~780MB of texture memory with full graphics and 512 texture quality]
Hangtown 2010 medium-res version [uses ~520MB of texture memory with full graphics and 512 texture quality]
Hangtown 2010 low-res version [uses ~430MB of texture memory with full graphics and 512 texture quality]

Instructions:
- Download the versions you want and extract in your personal folder.
- If you've downloaded and extracted several versions just add a .bak extension to the filenames of the versions that you don't want to use.
magnusson
Team: Wannabe

Re: Hangtown 2010

Post by magnusson »

the first track i will download then i fix my pc, looks GREAT!!
vurbmoto wrote: - Kevin Windham is still a BOSS
My Release's on PureMXS
MX196
Team: Privateer

Post by MX196 »

FIRST!

Sweet, get to go test. Thanks!
MX196

Post by MX196 »

Ok nevermind i'm not first.

-facepalm-
Jr Dirt Doctor#489
Team: AEO Powersports

Post by Jr Dirt Doctor#489 »

YESSSSSS!!!! FINALLY CANT WAIT FOR IT TO BE DONE Downloading.
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

It's on my server, feel free to join.

only one to win something real from the game!
JP37R
Team: JPR

Post by JP37R »

Great job man! this is a very very good track. Thank you!
The Conman
Team: Ardent/TGphoto/Adept

Post by The Conman »

I just took so many screenshots...
MotoRockstar777

Post by MotoRockstar777 »

Why is the lighting set so it changes the blacks on the helmets and neckbraces to blue. Like on the alpinestar neckbrace the back part is blue is their a way to change this other than that the track is perfect.
toonys66

Post by toonys66 »

fantastic job haggqvist!!! thanks so much! i love it!! very rough and technical but it is really sick!!! great replica!! one more of these amazing replica AMA!! it s gonna be great online!!
Yamaha285
Team: MotoStar Racing

Post by Yamaha285 »

just got home from a soggy day of work time to ride some hangtown. turned out excellent it really displays the real hang town well. You did Prairie city proud haha
josh#JDM

Post by josh#JDM »

dude, sooo sick, this is my hometown track. the picture looks exactly like it. downloading now:)
murch#39
warrior462

Post by warrior462 »

Hey, thanks so much for your hard work and commitment to getting this track done for the series. I wanted to share some of my thoughts on the track. Unfortunately after all the anticipation, I'm a little disappointed after riding it. I'm not trying to be a downer here, and you're clearly miles ahead of me as a track maker, just want to give you my opinions, which may or may not be shared by others in the community. First of all, keep it simple. There are many beautiful tracks out there that work for everyone and don't have any problems online, I see no need to release three versions and have people guessing as to what they should download and all. Second, I feel that you focused mostly on making it look exactly like Hangtown, and did a beautiful job of it, but you lost some of the feel of it riding like Hangtown, which to me is WAY more important. Most of the ruts have bumps in them to the point where you can't get in and get on the gas, I think it's a little overboard. Finally, the only other thing I have to say for now is a replica should have lap times that are in the ball park of the real track. Our fastest guys should be right around the fastest guys in real life, and some people may prove me wrong, and laugh at how slow I am, but I think the times are going to be too long. I really hope I don't sound like an ungrateful jerk, just trying to help the community out by getting some things out there. I really do love that we have guys like you even making these tracks for us, to be able to spin laps around Hangtown without having to make the trip from CT is priceless.
Yamaha285
Team: MotoStar Racing

Post by Yamaha285 »

warrior462 wrote:Hey, thanks so much for your hard work and commitment to getting this track done for the series. I wanted to share some of my thoughts on the track. Unfortunately after all the anticipation, I'm a little disappointed after riding it. I'm not trying to be a downer here, and you're clearly miles ahead of me as a track maker, just want to give you my opinions, which may or may not be shared by others in the community. First of all, keep it simple. There are many beautiful tracks out there that work for everyone and don't have any problems online, I see no need to release three versions and have people guessing as to what they should download and all. Second, I feel that you focused mostly on making it look exactly like Hangtown, and did a beautiful job of it, but you lost some of the feel of it riding like Hangtown, which to me is WAY more important. Most of the ruts have bumps in them to the point where you can't get in and get on the gas, I think it's a little overboard. Finally, the only other thing I have to say for now is a replica should have lap times that are in the ball park of the real track. Our fastest guys should be right around the fastest guys in real life, and some people may prove me wrong, and laugh at how slow I am, but I think the times are going to be too long. I really hope I don't sound like an ungrateful jerk, just trying to help the community out by getting some things out there. I really do love that we have guys like you even making these tracks for us, to be able to spin laps around Hangtown without having to make the trip from CT is priceless.
I knew some would complain but heres the thing have you ever really rode hangtown truthfully cause the track is fast but on national day its bumppy as shit. I hate to say it but nothing in this game is ever going to feel like a real track why?? cause its scaled down for a game. simply name one replica thats gonna be like being there in real life. You have to look at it from two sides the riding side in real life and the scaled down riding side which is a huge difference. I think this track replicates a national day race there very well ive race hangtown for AMP GFI many years and other sanctions and its a very deceiving and difficult track which i see the same in game. Not everyone will be fast at a track just the ones who can find the setup that rides through it well. Best advice is to just bite your lip for a bit find that setup you might change your mind after a few solid motos
warrior462

Post by warrior462 »

Sorry for the double post. I completely forgot the first and possibly most important thing I wanted to say. The track should be quite a bit wider all the way around. A track that is meant to be raced online needs to have more room for passing, especially the way most of the community rides. I could be wrong, but I believe the supercross tracks are wider than this one. Reason for that is they are built to be raced, and to make for good racing, you have to give room to pass. If you have two guys hit each other and go down in front of you, which happens all the time, you'll have nowhere to go but off the track.