AMA Pro National: Freestone.

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Voutare
Team: Privateer

AMA Pro National: Freestone.

Post by Voutare »

Welcome race fans to the second round of the 2011 MX Simulator AMA National Series in Wortham Texas!

I'd like to thank some people for feedback on the track:

Pumaxcs, KTM57, Phathry25, and Sween for putting his "(Most likely cancelled)" next to Freestone on the schedule.

And objects from:
DDMX, Luiz, Checkerz, and I'm sure there is more.

Also, a very special thanks to Motoboss, for supplying nearly everything for the track. Without him this wouldn't have happened. Also, Shadow for editing the tile map and making it ride to scale.

Get racing boys and girls!
http://www.mediafire.com/?gluwbclbhho878f

P.S. I would have loved to spend more time tweaking everything for release, but I high sided and augured my head into a 4th gear sweeper at a race today, and my head hurts like hell and I wanted it released tonight, so this is it. Also, my apologies for a terrible picture.
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Re: AMA Pro National: Freestone.

Post by Sweendoggy »

Good job man! happy i could motivate you! haha
SKERICK
Team: Mick Skezz

Post by SKERICK »

Thanks man appreciate all your effort you put into these tracks!
Sib43
Team: pridemx.at

Post by Sib43 »

After few laps... another amazing AMA Track :)

thank you!
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

awesome, going to have to put some serious pratice in the next 2 days.

We need a thumbs-up smily. thanks, for putting in the work to get this out to us on time. :)
MXS Garage 0.9 download here

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
RV3

Post by RV3 »

u guys are champs! cheers, luvin riding replica tracks lately i don't know how yas get them looking so real, the more i watch a sx or outdoor go pro vid on u tube they look so much like they do ingame. definately a buzz riding the tracks the best in the world race on, can't wait to test her out.
toonys66

Post by toonys66 »

thanks a lot for all your work in such little time!!
another great ama track!! it s so good riding these replica and seeing the race on the week end!!
great work, another very fun national track!
Shadow
Team: FSK

Post by Shadow »

Huh, I was wondering why you never get back to me to give feedback on the traction but that highsiding thing explains it.

Some tweaking needed here and there, but still definitely a decent track.
Those who possess strength have also known adversity.
Yamaha285
Team: MotoStar Racing

Post by Yamaha285 »

Dam for the short time you had with this track you did it very well. Im sure if you would have started when you called it quits the first time you could have spent a bit more time with it but it rides very well. I ran a 2.19.623 not sure if its great but felt pretty solid
MX196

Post by MX196 »

Fun track. I'd say its a bit too wide. Flows very well though.
mxflyin154
Team: The Racers Edge

Post by mxflyin154 »

Quick question why am I getting this? Says its missing shape file and non power of 2 texture when it loads. I thought I had all the models I needed but apparently not.

http://www.youtube.com/user/jimmywey154 Youtube video page
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=559680001 hell hit me up on Facebook if you want
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Thanks for putting in the work to get this out in time for the race! :mrgreen:

I didn't come out and say this in the feedback I offered, but, when did Freestone become a sand track?

I realize they add sand to it for the national, but you went a little too far, this is pretty much Southwick, but with a Freestone layout.
dylan22

Post by dylan22 »

I love how this track feels, one of my favourite MXS tracks. Welldone.
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

Phathry25 wrote:Thanks for putting in the work to get this out in time for the race! :mrgreen:

I didn't come out and say this in the feedback I offered, but, when did Freestone become a sand track?

I realize they add sand to it for the national, but you went a little too far, this is pretty much Southwick, but with a Freestone layout.
Honestly it's the only way I can make a good track. Haha. I didn't really want to have 5 peaky ruts in every corner and stuff, I really just wanted a solid track to ride online, that isn't overly hard. I base the track on if I can do laps without crashing. I know I'm not as good as some of the people here, but I like to make the track accessible to everyone, and not just the top 15 elite riders. If I can do 4 laps without crashing, I consider it a success. Regarding it being a sand track, Shadow and I got together and decided we needed to slow the track down a lot. It just felt really fast and overly violent to ride. I think it's pretty realistic and feels much more like the true speed you would have riding a 250f on it in real life. The dirt is pretty deep on most AMA tracks, which slows them down a lot. I think once you get riding on it and turning laps, it starts to feel much better and more realistic.

Thanks for the feedback though. I did go through every corner and fix the ruts and adjust the lines as much as possible in the time frame.
warrior462

Post by warrior462 »

Voutare, you're the man. Excellent job on the track, and in such short time. I think this width is absolutely the perfect balance between realism and good online racing. It just plain sucks to ride a track that is too narrow with a ton of guys. Also, if I'm not mistaken, I think Freestone is pretty soft all the way around, like a sandy mix, with a pure sand section in the twelve pack. I think you did a great job making an excellent replica that rides nicely and should provide for really fun racing.