gaming

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Servatis

gaming

Post by Servatis »

ATTENTION: When you talk about games please refrain from posting spoilers!

So we have the "post screenshots" thread.
But I just realized we don't really have a topic to discuss games in general.

This month has been an expensive one for me. I was going to spread my spending out over the next 2 months but I figured i was just going to buy the games and then try to catch up in the next couple months. Damn you awesome games, I need a new laptop!

I finished The Witcher 2 this weekend, and will do another playthrough of it. amazing game.
In the weekend I got Dirt3, which is arguably the most fun 4 wheel racing game ever, gymkhana is awesome.
And I ordered L.A. Noir. which is supposedly very good and groundbreaking. I intentionally didn't do much reading on it or watch any trailers. I want the game to be fresh once I jump in.
Next game I buy will be in august. Deus Ex: Human Revolution looks to be awesome, and I like my games stealthy.

Do you play games besides MXS?
Do you own any consoles? Which ones?
What games are you currently playing or would you like to be playing?
What are your all time favorite games?
MXS Garage 0.9 download here

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
Wings
Crushed Dissenter

Re: gaming

Post by Wings »

Im playing cod 4 competively at the moment @ cybergamer.com.au getting paid to play :D. No doubt cod 4 is the best 1st person shooter IMO.
stevoktm

Post by stevoktm »

Wings wrote: No doubt cod 4 is the best 1st person shooter IMO.
You kidding?

Servatis

Post by Servatis »

I'm not a big fps fan.
At least not the "follow this path to reach the next cutscene" fps's that plague the market these days.
I like a bit of Arma2 (heavily modded) though. and occasionally play Bad Company 2 online.

I mostly play racing games online. other than that I'm not much of a competitive gamer. Mostly because I suck at fps's and after getting owned 5 times in a row i rage quit :P.

I like my games like I like a good book. compelling story and interesting setting, and with the ability to draw you into it.
And a bit of a challenge is nice too.
MXS Garage 0.9 download here

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
MXJProductions
Team: MXJP

Post by MXJProductions »

Sorry keegan I got to go with Stevo on this one. CSS is better, maybe not in raw graphics, but I think it has a bigger fanbase, and awesome gameplay. You can even go " PRO " and make a little bit of money with it, which in my books makes it a legit. Don't quote me on too much, as I am like servatis I do not play FPS games. Just going off of videos, and talks with friends.
stevoktm

Post by stevoktm »

motoxjeff#7 wrote:Sorry keegan I got to go with Stevo on this one. CSS is better, maybe not in raw graphics, but I think it has a bigger fanbase, and awesome gameplay. You can even go " PRO " and make a little bit of money with it, which in my books makes it a legit. Don't quote me on too much, as I am like servatis I do not play FPS games. Just going off of videos, and talks with friends.
Pretty much decribed it as i would, although you can earn much more than a "bit" of money.
Jones221
Team: Trump

Post by Jones221 »

What about Bad Company?!? Simulation right there.

PC: Minecraft, G-Mod, CSS, BC2

Xbox: Black Ops, Dirt 3 (Don't have it yet, getting soon).
Black ops pro. Stakeout only.

All time favorites: Minecraft, BC2.
only one to win something real from the game!
scheeve3

Post by scheeve3 »

I was a semi-pro in Track mania nations (forever). But beside winning internet tournaments of 20$ I wasn't allowed to follow the big money (LAN-party's).
I still blame my parents a bit, but ye ... wich parent would believe that his son can make his money with gaming. Although my points on school were still good tho.

But right now they made that game payable. So you're forced to pay if you want to play. And that had a huge impact in the ammount of intrest of sponsors and prize money on tournaments.
Right now is it more a fun competition then the big money competition. But LAN-party's are still looking at a good racegame to replace that legendary game.

I also played CS 1,6 and CSS. I was and am a bigger fan of old school 1,6. But I suck at FPS, way to bad reflexes. I'm more the type of guy that needs to know what's coming. That's maybe also a reason for my bad starts at mxs :lol:
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
Wings
Crushed Dissenter

Post by Wings »

Thats why i said IMO. There neck and neck personally. I have, and will continue playing cs:s aswell as cod. you can make ALOT of gaming from cod, i know a professional cod player travelling around the world clocking ~$300,000 p.a so that's a fair amount of money. note: look up "stevy cod 4" in youtube.

Yes i know cs:s gameplay is better, but i like the graphical side of games aswell. Has to be visually appealing IMO.

Don't take this the wrong way :)
Midbeck
Team: Race tech

Post by Midbeck »

Not to be rude here, but nobody can argue about it but when it comes to competitive FPS games there is only one that has stuck around the scene as long as Counter-strike 1.6, There is no better fps game to play matches on, on the market! If you've played it "professionally" you get my point. CSS is nothing but a bad upgrade to 1.6...
I've tried to make the move to CSS but the competitive scene is CRAP, my team also tried out some COD4 it's way better then CSS, i love the game but the competitive sceene is way to small!

When it comes down to graphics counter strike 1.6 is crap but it's the feeling that makes it so fun. You need skills to win games!

2movies to follow everything up!

http://goplay.se/videos/975/election-th ... ate-movie/

Sorry for my crap english!
Midbeck
Team: Race tech

Post by Midbeck »

Sorry for DP but, if anyone wonders, yes i've played cs 1.6 on nearly the highest level. I've been playing the Semi-elite class here in sweden is the step below becoming a full time pro.
MX196
Team: Privateer

Post by MX196 »

Pretty much all I play is either MXS or any NFS/MVA/DiRT games. I have countless other game for the Wii, but my little bro kinda took over that with all of his Lego Star Wars and Lego king kong or whatever it is. All I have is my PC and my 360. I also play F1 2010 a decent amount. More then the NFS games. I can't want to get DiRT 3. I've heard its the best racing game. (Clearly they haven't heard if MXS)

If any of you have a Xbox 360, go ahead and add me on live: Robert196 (duhh)
mx_526
Crushed Dissenter

Post by mx_526 »

Wings wrote:Im playing cod 4 competively at the moment @ cybergamer.com.au getting paid to play :D. No doubt cod 4 is the best 1st person shooter IMO.
cod 4 is the shit!
Stickerz wrote:I was like jlv just dropped my food.
ShackAttack12 wrote:I bet if girls road 250 2-strokes, they would enjoy motocross a lot more because of the vibrations....
stevoktm

Post by stevoktm »

Midbeck wrote:Not to be rude here, but nobody can argue about it but when it comes to competitive FPS games there is only one that has stuck around the scene as long as Counter-strike 1.6, There is no better fps game to play matches on, on the market! If you've played it "professionally" you get my point. CSS is nothing but a bad upgrade to 1.6...
I've tried to make the move to CSS but the competitive scene is CRAP, my team also tried out some COD4 it's way better then CSS, i love the game but the competitive sceene is way to small!

When it comes down to graphics counter strike 1.6 is crap but it's the feeling that makes it so fun. You need skills to win games!

2movies to follow everything up!

http://goplay.se/videos/975/election-th ... ate-movie/

Sorry for my crap english!
I agree with you, the reason why i prefer css though is that i started playing that before 1.6 and it was completely different when i tried it.
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Pretty much the only games I play besides MXS are DiRT3 and BFBC2 sometimes. Puma's quote in my sig explains it all :lol: (note however, puma relies heavily on the last part, while I have my lovely yz125 so I don't need it, his kxf can't dish it out).
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.