full rider fall off

Post your suggestions here
mx_526
Crushed Dissenter

full rider fall off

Post by mx_526 »

is it possible to make the rider fall of the bike without his hands staying on, he could get back on the bike by respawning like mx vs atv or something?
it would be cool because then you could have more screenshots of crashes and you could make videos of crashes.
i rekon it would be pretty dope :D
dont hate on this topic its just my opinion.
Stickerz wrote:I was like jlv just dropped my food.
ShackAttack12 wrote:I bet if girls road 250 2-strokes, they would enjoy motocross a lot more because of the vibrations....
Servatis

Re: full rider fall off

Post by Servatis »

this has already been suggested a lot of times.

basically most people agree with you, and I would expect jlv does not intend it to stay this way forever.
MXS Garage 0.9 download here

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
mx_526
Crushed Dissenter

Post by mx_526 »

oh ok thats cool then :)
ShackAttack12 wrote:I bet if girls road 250 2-strokes, they would enjoy motocross a lot more because of the vibrations....
magnusson
Team: Wannabe

Post by magnusson »

jlv doesn't want the rider to re spawn to the bike like mx vs atv has it.
vurbmoto wrote: - Kevin Windham is still a BOSS
My Release's on PureMXS
Sib43
Team: pridemx.at

Post by Sib43 »

... the rider should run back to the bike!

then it would differ if u crash hard with full speed or in a turn!
mx_526
Crushed Dissenter

Post by mx_526 »

Sib43 wrote:... the rider should run back to the bike!

then it would differ if u crash hard with full speed or in a turn!
yeah that would be awsome, i dont think there has ever been a motocross game invented where you have to run back to your bike.
Jman567
Crushed Dissenter
Team: SIK Dezigns Clothing

Post by Jman567 »

The only promblem is TIME! Just think, He would have to unjust the rider fall motion depending on each kind of fall whether its over the bars or off the side ect... But knowing jlv he will probably somehow pull it off! :)
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

It would be pretty easy to make him let go. But do we really want to double the amount of crap flying around on the start?
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
WhMx179
Team: Privateer

Post by WhMx179 »

Personally that wouldnt really bother me. My only concern with full rider fall off would be how you return to your bike, how could you make that work?
i_Bite#21

Post by i_Bite#21 »

WhMx179 wrote:Personally that wouldnt really bother me. My only concern with full rider fall off would be how you return to your bike, how could you make that work?
Yeah, maybe just keep a certain distance that the rider can get away from the bike. No more exceeding a distance of say 30 feet?
PINNEDTOWIN
Team: Start Your Systems

Post by PINNEDTOWIN »

It would make the game much more realistic and be a pretty cool addition but like JLV said could you imagine having that much going on into the first corner with 10 guys running to their bikes not to mention im sure this would add even more lag for anyone with a struggling computer. Maybe it would be possible to put limitations based on race time though? First corner he can only fall a few feet form the bike then after thats its 30 or so like someone else said. I see a lot of possible problems but it could be a good update. :P
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Half the objects have no collision or partial collision, so why not do the same for the rider? Guess I'd rather have a bit more carnage at the start of a race and have the guy come off the rest of the race... And also, if the rider left the bike, the objects laying in the track wouldn't be much wider than now beacuse the guy sprawls out, but also would allow a "hole" to get through between the bike and rider.
Sib43
Team: pridemx.at

Post by Sib43 »

I think like it is now, the rider need to take too long bring his leg onto the bike! If jlv can change this, this should be the fastest part!

Maybe on organised races, ppl think before they make bad moves! This would improve the game alot!

and the time thing?!?! Shouldn't it be, as harder you crash, as longer the time to get back on the bike!

JLV, I hope you can bring this out pretty soon :)
DJD

Post by DJD »

I don't understand the stigma on just having the rider appear back on the bike after 5-10 seconds.

With one guy coding the game, you have to pick your battles, and trying to figure out how to get the rider to run back

to the bike isn't worth fighting. Just have the rider fully detach the appear on the bike later, problem solved.
WhMx179
Team: Privateer

Post by WhMx179 »

I agree with you on that DJD