Dry Ridge MX

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
VMX_SKYmx99
Team: BOMR

Dry Ridge MX

Post by VMX_SKYmx99 »

Well, finally after 3 years of playing MXS, I have decided to get back in to track making. Some of you may remember me from MCM2/ MVA. This is a 1:1 scale outdoor sx style track. I have spent the past 4 or 5 months working on this thing off and on and I am very happy with the way everything came together. I know there are probably going to be some issues and things that need to be improved upon, but overall I am pleased with it being my first track for this game.

I couldn't have done this without the help of Checkerz. He helped me in beta testing and taught me how to approach track design for MXS compared to MVA, and also loaned me some decals. I would also like to thank DJ and Haggqvist for billboards and decals and Jones221 and Wheels1758 for shadows and a bit of the object placement. I also can't forget Garasaki, who made the awesome sky!

Everyone enjoy and please review. I want to know what YOU would like to see improved upon for next time.

http://www.mediafire.com/?2ihil66wt9o5m75

This is also being uploaded to puremxs as we speak. 8)
760Liam

Re: Dry Ridge MX

Post by 760Liam »

FIRST! LOVE THE TRACK. You did such a good job one it... can't wait to see your other tracks. :D
mx_526
Crushed Dissenter

Post by mx_526 »

Track looks awsome and rides awsome. The ratio is good, and very realistic. Overall Good Job!
Stickerz wrote:I was like jlv just dropped my food.
ShackAttack12 wrote:I bet if girls road 250 2-strokes, they would enjoy motocross a lot more because of the vibrations....
mxrewind665
Team: FlowTech

Post by mxrewind665 »

Dude simply outstanding! First off it has an extremely ral feal to it. Scailing is perfect. I like how it has a mix of a home style motocross/supercross private track. The theme of the track was excelant. Keep up the good work. (p.s track has a good flow!)
GoPro HD

Post by GoPro HD »

That preview picture is gnar!
ehm24
Team: Used to be Factory

Post by ehm24 »

hahah.. ur pic is so great i thought the the birds eye vies of the track was a mini track haha :lol:
joe_389
Team: Collective Family

Post by joe_389 »

Really really enjoyable track to ride mate. Good job, very keen to see what you can do for a mx
The Family:Lane 199-Alex 526-Dylan 14-Daniel 421-Brady 21 AUS
chris465

Post by chris465 »

I would have to say that is the best First track I have ever seen! Awesome job!!! Keep em coming.
Garasaki

Post by Garasaki »

Just 5 minutes ago I made a post stating how you haven't released any tracks yet :roll:

Name sounds familiar :wink:
DR.MIZ wrote: Keeping something "secret" so you can be "cool" is not making a flourishing community.
mxboy97
Team: TeamTimo

Post by mxboy97 »

Nice track :)
VMX_SKYmx99

Post by VMX_SKYmx99 »

Thanks for the comments everyone. I'm glad that everyone seems to like it.
Garasaki wrote:Just 5 minutes ago I made a post stating how you haven't released any tracks yet :roll:

Name sounds familiar :wink:
Yeah, the name is familiar. I can't believe you remember that. It's crazy to think that it's been about 10 years since I released that track. :shock: I'm getting old. lol
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

Now that looks like MVA style track, must be hella fun in MXS!
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Great track! Writing a review as I ride it, you're more likely to see it here than PureMXS. Won't be super organized, just snippits.

Disappointed in the missing track map, it's kind of nice to have.

The grass billboards make me sad. I think sparser placement and a statue would have looked tons better. It's annoying when a whole field of the exact same grass turns with you.

Whoops are awesome! So perfectly difficult, yet flow realistically.

The tree shadows make the track look really cool!

That one triple out of the turn and into one is really hard, which is cool! Makes it feel like I'm actually riding a 250F, unlike a lot of tracks in this game.

The jump leading back onto the start straight could use some shadingx2 work, you can't see the bump in it unless you stare while at a stop.

I find it weird that the grass stops about 15 feet away from the track, that's not really natural. I would think that it would grow out into the fields a bit. Maybe a one-sided statue like the crowd with grass in it out in the fields would look nice.

The tops of the braking bumps could use some definition in the shadingx2, maybe some white on them would do the trick. It's hard to see any bumps on the track, especially under the cover of the shadows.

I really like your step-on-step-offs, they give a bit of pop with not much of a lip, but a kicker. Works well.

The rhythm sections are all really neat, not very conventional stuff.

Scale feels really nice.

Love this track! 4.7/5
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
VMX_SKYmx99

Post by VMX_SKYmx99 »

Thanks KTM!

I will definitely be taking into consideration all of your points in my next release. The grass billboards was done very lazily. I should have spent more time on it and placed them farther into the field, but I was afraid of lag for some people and also that takes a shit ton of clicking to add all them things one by one. Maybe someone has a bigger grass billboard/ statue? I also, didn't take into consideration the lack of definition in the bumps. I knew they were there and could "see" them fine. lol I will make sure that's fixed for next time. Thanks for taking the time to give me a solid review so I can make things better.
VMX_SKYmx99

Post by VMX_SKYmx99 »

chris465 wrote:I would have to say that is the best First track I have ever seen! Awesome job!!! Keep em coming.
It's my first MXS track. I've been doing this since MCM2. :wink: