tire selection

Post your suggestions here
motoracer58

tire selection

Post by motoracer58 »

I think it would be a good idea to have several tire selections, im not talking about brand names or anything but traction wise. Right now if the bike has too much traction you have to compensate with suspension settings and rider postion which usually makes the bike handle worse. If there were a couple different selections for tire traction you could just change the tire to provide more or less traction depending on track conditions. Im not sure if its possible to do but i think it would be a good feature
die996
Crushed Dissenter
Team: Privateer

Re: tire selection

Post by die996 »

motoracer58 wrote:I think it would be a good idea to have several tire selections, im not talking about brand names or anything but traction wise. Right now if the bike has too much traction you have to compensate with suspension settings and rider postion which usually makes the bike handle worse. If there were a couple different selections for tire traction you could just change the tire to provide more or less traction depending on track conditions. Im not sure if its possible to do but i think it would be a good feature
Love the idea but I'm afraid it's hard to make
Howcanyoubesofuckingdumbthatyou'rereadingthis??
jbrandmx85

Post by jbrandmx85 »

i like the idea seeing as it would make the game more realistic but i doubt this will happen. at least not anytime soon
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

On the other hand, if the track maker didn't want it to be slick, he could always increase the traction...

Tyres can only help so much with traction. If its a slick track, it'll still be slick even with the best tyre possible
motoracer58

Post by motoracer58 »

i understand that the track is made the way it is, but having a tire selection would let you set the bike up more to fit your style. some people like more traction then others but the only way of doing it now is to mess with the suspension which doesnt work real well because you end up with bad settings just to get your traction decent
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

Some people like more traction than others? WTF!? :?:

Can you name one example of when having less traction would be preferable?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

Maybe if you ran out of fuel on a banked track. A zero coefficient of friction would let you slide farther than you could roll. The banking would have to be perfect though, otherwise you'd fly off the track.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
motoracer58

Post by motoracer58 »

in your theory, the most traction possible would be preferred then? so when ever you hit the throttle the bike would stand up or you wouldnt be able to get some wheelspin through a turn. It is kinda funny, i never knew dunlop and pirelli only offered one tire design and compound to the pro's, thats crazy.
die996
Crushed Dissenter

Post by die996 »

Phathry25 wrote:Can you name one example of when having less traction would be preferable?
AMA SX replicas have way too much traction, a little bit less would make some people faster
cpt_Slow

Post by cpt_Slow »

You just love getting pounded by Phathry don't you die? :P

They offer different tyres and compounds so that you can match it up to the surface you're riding for maximum grip. I've never seen a pro riding round on part worns because they like to waste power. ;)
motoracer58

Post by motoracer58 »

well if you dont like my wording of having too much traction then change it to not enough and the same suggestion still applies, it was a suggestion that was all.
ShackAttack12

Post by ShackAttack12 »

die996 wrote:
Phathry25 wrote:Can you name one example of when having less traction would be preferable?
AMA SX replicas have way too much traction, a little bit less would make some people faster
Way too much traction?! What tracks have you been riding?
ShackAttack12
| 2010 Supercross Champ | 2011 Supercross Champ | 2019 Supercross Champ |
die996
Crushed Dissenter

Post by die996 »

ShackAttack12 wrote:
die996 wrote:
Way too much traction?! What tracks have you been riding?
Three "unofficial" replicas from 2008, all from 2010, all from 2011 and A1 2012
Kawasakis

Post by Kawasakis »

Good thing you have ridden all those sx tracks in real life and know what's it like.
MXS Cup Winner
AX MX2 Champion

Phathry25

Post by Phathry25 »

How much less are we talking? 10%? I'll make the tracks, if people are faster on them I'll stop correcting you. If I'm right, which lets face it I always am, then you have to stop acting like you know so much about stuff you don't know a damn thing about.

Deal?