2008-04-09 snapshot

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Re: 2008-04-09 snapshot

Post by Pumaxcs »

nno i always use the desktop one never go 2 the start menu 4 anything besides acces 2 the C drive
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Phathry25
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by Phathry25 »

The update to the flywheel dampening really changes the way the bike comes into the corner. I'm really sliding into the corners nice and smoothly now. To my best knowledge this is better than it was before. I'm still having a hard time cutting in the middle of the corner though, but I can come in like a bat out of hell and leave the corner like a bat out of hell. :) Just gotta get the lump of meat on top of the bike moving around and I think we'll be in business.

Also, the game is reading my split axis pedals as one axis. I was going to try assigning the gas as the front brake and brake as the rear, no beans. Assigned just the rear to the brake pedal, it was 1/2 was on unless I held the gas pedal down. :(

When are you going to update the UI and file system? Now that theres a few tracks starting to show up, I'm really having to go click crazy to get to the track I want to ride, and god forbid I miss the track I was looking for!
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

If it's possible you should configure it as separate axes so you can use both pedals simultaneously. If that isn't possible, you can manually edit the config file. First set the axis in game, then edit the front and rear brake settings in the config file. You probably want something like this:

front_brake_key=(0.5,0.0)Joystick0 axis 1
rear_brake_key=(0.5,1.0)Joystick0 axis 1

The first number is the axis position where the action is fully off and the second number is fully on. So this will set the front brake to be fully off at .5 and fully on at 0. The rear brake will be off at .5 and fully on at 1.0.

You're right about the track selector. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow. For now though, you can use the left and right arrows to select the track. Still not great but at least you don't have to go all the way around if you miss that way.
Mittocs
Team: Vitamin Water

Post by Mittocs »

Yeah to be able to select from a list of your tracks would be awesome instead of having to scroll through them.
TEAM VITAMIN WATER YAMAHA

MX SIMULATOR - IN MOTION

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5NKNqRy-G0&hd=1 <--- WATCH IT!
triggerhappy

Post by triggerhappy »

jlv wrote:If it's possible you should configure it as separate axes so you can use both pedals simultaneously. If that isn't possible, you can manually edit the config file. First set the axis in game, then edit the front and rear brake settings in the config file. You probably want something like this:

front_brake_key=(0.5,0.0)Joystick0 axis 1
rear_brake_key=(0.5,1.0)Joystick0 axis 1

The first number is the axis position where the action is fully off and the second number is fully on. So this will set the front brake to be fully off at .5 and fully on at 0. The rear brake will be off at .5 and fully on at 1.0.
Thanks, I couldn't get my Logitech Momo Racing pedals to work in separate mode either.
I edited my config file, it looks like this:

throttle_key=(1.000000,0.000000)LogitechMOMORacingUSB axis 2
front_brake_key=(1.000000,0.000000)LogitechMOMORacingUSB axis 3
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Post by Voutare »

Racing petals in a motocross game?

That would probably confuse me.
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

What do they do wrong in separate mode?
cpt_Slow
Team: Privateer

Post by cpt_Slow »

not sure if this will help, but i used a program called glovepie to get a mouse to work as a controller, maybe if you can run this seperately it may be easier to set up??
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Mouse as a controller hey... might check this out