turning????? jumping???

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
MXicon

Re: turning????? jumping???

Post by MXicon »

Motoboss wrote:Well ive been practicing, practicing ,practicing like everyone said and it still isnt any better and ive had the full version for about a month now
The physics need to be more user freindly so every one can whip and srub
Instead of having to resort back to the arcade phys
I believe if the player had better controll this game would instantly sell millions but right now people see how hard it is to controll with the demo and they dont give it a second look
Ive had every mx game known to man and Ive always been 1 of the fastest at all of them , ive never had this much trouble getting the hang of it.
That's because this is more of a simulator, and less of a game. Of they made it easier to people, we would end up with a stripped down version of Untamed, which is what we don't need.
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Just wondering, do you think a slow motion mode would be helpful? I used to play a Quake 3 mod called defrag, and it always helped me to practice the tricks in slow motion first. Maybe that would help here?

On the other hand, that would open a can of worms as far as cheating goes.
INVADEtheLINE
Team: Privateer

Post by INVADEtheLINE »

I don't know, maybe if you made it in only a Time Trial mode?
Like make it only available for practice sessions somehow.

JLV you're a genius, I'm sure you'll think of something badass to do with it...

Jo-e
wakestyle21

Post by wakestyle21 »

please work on rider leaning before this.
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

jlv wrote:Just wondering, do you think a slow motion mode would be helpful? I used to play a Quake 3 mod called defrag, and it always helped me to practice the tricks in slow motion first. Maybe that would help here?

On the other hand, that would open a can of worms as far as cheating goes.

Id prefer, in order of importance:

1. Rider leaning
2. Better, smoother AI.
3. Rear brake hop
4. Fixing the AIrider rev at the line. (Holding it revved for 20 seconds before the gate drops)
5. Graphical enchancements (tire tracks, different dirt styles, smoother grass-to-dirt transitioning.
6. More 3D trees
7.Arms and hands in First Person
8.Multiplayer (Maybe this is really #1, that's for you to decide)
9. Tricks. Just because, you know. :/
10. Fixing the slow steering.
Joe
Team: MXSP

Post by Joe »

its supose to be a simulator if it was easy everyone would be fast and motocross in reall life isnt easy you just have to go slow at first same as in this game just practice easy nationals youll be fine
Mittocs
Team: Vitamin Water

Post by Mittocs »

I'm not sure if I like the idea of slow motion to much, but hey, that's just me. I think theres other things that need to be addressed first.
TEAM VITAMIN WATER YAMAHA

MX SIMULATOR - IN MOTION

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5NKNqRy-G0&hd=1 <--- WATCH IT!
Eat_Dirt

Post by Eat_Dirt »

Joe Sawler wrote:ya thats what i did i rode with 10 stability for about a month then went to 45 i was like man im the goat lol
lol
macedhx buddy

Post by macedhx buddy »

click on arcade physics :lol: :D in options
Motoboss

Post by Motoboss »

MXicon wrote:
Motoboss wrote:Well ive been practicing, practicing ,practicing like everyone said and it still isnt any better and ive had the full version for about a month now
I believe if the player had better controll this game would instantly sell millions but right now people see how hard it is to controll with the demo and they dont give it a second look
Ive had every mx game known to man and Ive always been 1 of the fastest at all of them , ive never had this much trouble getting the hang of it.
That's because this is more of a simulator, and less of a game. Of they made it easier to people, we would end up with a stripped down version of Untamed, which is what we don't need.
If what you say is true then why did he make the arcade physics, think about it
It would probbly be pretty easy to do just make the stability meter for the arcade physics work like the stock physics
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer,
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR5gAn ... z59ykqiKyA
Voutare

Post by Voutare »

Motoboss wrote:
MXicon wrote:
If what you say is true then why did he make the arcade physics, think about it
It would probbly be pretty easy to do just make the stability meter for the arcade physics work like the stock physics

He added the arcade physics back in pre-2, because people who didn't want to learn how to play the simulator, wanted to 'play' the game.

It's simple:

You're not automatically good at something, most of the time. Everything takes practice. Learn how to play, and your fine. There are tons of us that can run Sim physics without a problem, just quit worrying about it, and run it on 99 stability if you have to. Also, no matter how you look at it, sim physics are always faster than arcade.
Joe
Team: MXSP

Post by Joe »

and sim is so much funne rif you do a sweet section and go so fast through it you feel liek you actually acomplished something with arcade your liek o that was cool lol
Eat_Dirt

Post by Eat_Dirt »

MXicon wrote:
srry man this is a simulator if u want somethin arcadey pick up a copy of untamed
Motoboss

Post by Motoboss »

You guys have it all wrong, my main purpose on Buying the game was because of the way the bike handled and if you knew me you would know I hate arcade style mx games especially Untamed
But driving in a straight line and the bike just falls over is not simulation
When you ride your bike do you fall over just going straight?
I could sit on my bike backwards and not have any trouble riding in a straight line
All im saying is THERE IS ARCADE PHYSICS so just tweak the ARCADE physics where the stability adjustment lets the bike move more freely on leaning or what ever it takes to get good whips and scrubs which seems to me wouldnt be that hard
Nothing would be taken away from the game at all and it would let people have fun with both
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer,
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR5gAn ... z59ykqiKyA
wakestyle21

Post by wakestyle21 »

I think once jlv adds rider leaning the bike stability will increase significantly...being able to lean back will put all the weight on the back wheel which is what adds stability at high speeds in real life...then in corners not only will we be able to lean forward and put all that weight on the front wheel but also jlv said he was gonna make it so the rider stays on top of the bike instead of leaning with it...this game will be amazing when this is added.