2012 Supercross/Motocross discussion

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
DJD

Re: 2012 Supercross/Motocross discussion

Post by DJD »

Hmm. Didn't look like the worker was in the way? Stew past him then crashed as he low sided in the ruts. Idk, seems like stew just mess up by himself.

Its not like he almost hit the guy.
JB323
Team: Privateer Life

Post by JB323 »

didnt even bobble his head with the go pro footage, most people would have nodded or something but his head look pretty still. just looked rutted and dark with mudd and he went down. Just hope hes not hurt for the season. He should get a award for the most crashes in a year though.

Privateer Life # 323 Support from Motosport | Race Tech | 180 Decals

http://instagram.com/jbolen323/
Sib43
Team: pridemx.at

Post by Sib43 »

Thats true, but you need to be 100% focused and a guy on the track can destroy this!
Voutare
Team: Privateer

Post by Voutare »

Have you ever been distracted, and then had to ride a 100 foot+ tightrope of a rut in 4th gear, that also turns, with elevation change?

Even if he didn't almost hit the guy, I am sure it messed with him a little bit and just made him loose track for a split second.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

That guy was SO nigged out.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
jasper125

Post by jasper125 »

it didn't look like he was verry distracted to me it looked like a normal front end wash out nothing special
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

jasper125 wrote:it didn't look like he was verry distracted to me it looked like a normal front end wash out nothing special
never seen a front end just wash out in a straight section. had very minimal curve where he crashed. the only guy that knows, is james himself. everyone else can only speculate.
BuddyTheElf
Team: Privateer

Post by BuddyTheElf »

He was in a rut. Looked like he had his weight too far to the right, probably then dragged the front wheel along the inside of the rut and toppled over.

I need to wait for the full helmet cam to come out to see which line he was taking before to see whether the guy in the track made him change his line. At the speed stewart would have been going and coming over a blind jump to see some guy stood in the track at the base of the landing would shit him up. You dont want to head towards him because you dont know which way he's going to run. I'd say the track worker did cause him to crash.
Mona
Team: MotoOption

Post by Mona »

450 Moto 2 is live on NBC Sports Channel right now if anyone is confused on their re-scheduling.
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

looked like his weight was to the right, where he wanted to be. but some bone head was on the track. and i think he was sliding off balance in that rut for alot longer than you can tell via helmet cam. sure the crash happened after the guy. but it began at the guy.
jasper125

Post by jasper125 »

barrington314 wrote:
jasper125 wrote:it didn't look like he was verry distracted to me it looked like a normal front end wash out nothing special
never seen a front end just wash out in a straight section. had very minimal curve where he crashed. the only guy that knows, is james himself. everyone else can only speculate.
he was in a rut so he it could be he caugt the inside of the rut or something
CrazyCanadianMX
Team: HIRE ME

Post by CrazyCanadianMX »

Like BuddyTheElf said, I want to see if that guy made James switch up his lines. If James had been using that line all race there's no way that dude had anything to do with it. That dude was way right and going right, James didnt even have to turn his bars to avoid him or anything - coulda just kept charging forward. Of course, it is slow-mo'd in the video I saw, so it looks like he had all the time in the world to realize that guy was going right and make a decision.

I feel like that guy was in his normal line though. Looked like James was gonna turn to where that guy was though to apex the turn and had to just went straight, changing it up. Like, he didnt even know what that rut he was in was gonna do. The one he chose there just ended, ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... UNs8#t=20s ) kicked his front tire up, got too far right to do anything and fell. Watch it real slow. You can spot where the rut ends.

Post by KTM57 »

So, when does the Lites moto start? Been on my laptop researching headphones.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Playing devils advocate. If that would have been a slower rider on the track and james had to change up his line would he still have crashed? Granted, that person shouldn't have been running across the track but as professional racers they are expected to be able to handle the most adverse scenarios.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Could be, but I'd suspect that a dude running across the track is a bit more unsettling than a lapper.