Upcoming Models #2

Post about creating and skinning models here
tyrm85

Re: Upcoming Models #2

Post by tyrm85 »

Well even from that far of a distance, you still can see that the model seems pretty damn close to the real life thing. I'm sure it's perfect. I mean, it's showtime, didn't you like his 350 model Jester?
MXJProductions wrote:I'd rather have a big balls than a hairy chest.... Just sayin
Phathry25 wrote:Long story short, I don't like you. You'll live.
Jester#132

Post by Jester#132 »

As I tried to point out, that wasn't my point mate.. :)
From the pics it seems really good, and I am sure it will be, what I was trying to say is that it's just small pictures and hard to tell how it actually looks?
Guess I came across kinda harsh, sorry if that was the case..
"I didn't jump the gate...it musta' flipped back up, after I went over it!?!"
Judge
Crushed Dissenter
Team: FSK

Post by Judge »

This deservers another page.
ShowtimeMx wrote:Been working on a low poly 2013 KTM set, the models are pretty much done, along with the uv mapping, but I really need some help with norms and spec as well as if someone could help with smoothing groups then I will release the cut out so everyone can start making skins: 2stroke model poly count is around 5000 4strokes are around 3800

tyrm85

Post by tyrm85 »

Ohh alright, Sorry Jester if I also came across harsh, I guess I didn't catch your point! :)

Alright that makes much more sense and yes, I could agree with you there.
MXJProductions wrote:I'd rather have a big balls than a hairy chest.... Just sayin
ShowtimeMx

Post by ShowtimeMx »

tyrm85 wrote:Piista is right, Showtime's older 350 model was superb, I'm sure no matter how far the screenshot is, I'm sure this has the same result as the 350.
Thanks for the comments, as far as the 350 goes that was not my best work by far and I could have done much better. What you need to know right now is that this is LOW POLY BIKE, now what that means is I did not model every nook and cranny of the bike, I wanted this to be something that could be used online and not drag everyone down, but I can tell you this the model itself looks very good in game, and if I can get someone to help with norms and spec it will look 100x better. The biggest thing is its free, I know some people will say oh it looks terrible or they wont like it cause its not up to JVDL standards but that guy is mad skilled when it comes to modelling and textures, id go as far to say that i could make this a bike a square and after a texture by JVDL and BAM sweetest bike yet. Unfortunately for you guys im not him so just realize im trying and with some help and hopefully some support from you guys it will be a good addition to MXSIM.

If all goes well I already have in the works the 2013 CRF low poly bike and more to follow.

"this community has more little kids than michael jacksons neverland ranch on easter" -ddmx
tyrm85

Post by tyrm85 »

ShowtimeMx wrote:
tyrm85 wrote:Piista is right, Showtime's older 350 model was superb, I'm sure no matter how far the screenshot is, I'm sure this has the same result as the 350.
Thanks for the comments, as far as the 350 goes that was not my best work by far and I could have done much better. What you need to know right now is that this is LOW POLY BIKE, now what that means is I did not model every nook and cranny of the bike, I wanted this to be something that could be used online and not drag everyone down, but I can tell you this the model itself looks very good in game, and if I can get someone to help with norms and spec it will look 100x better. The biggest thing is its free, I know some people will say oh it looks terrible or they wont like it cause its not up to JVDL standards but that guy is mad skilled when it comes to modelling and textures, id go as far to say that i could make this a bike a square and after a texture by JVDL and BAM sweetest bike yet. Unfortunately for you guys im not him so just realize im trying and with some help and hopefully some support from you guys it will be a good addition to MXSIM.

If all goes well I already have in the works the 2013 CRF low poly bike and more to follow.

That made me smile :D Showtime your working your butt of for this community and it's helping! The low poly might actually help me with my lag problems ingame as well, might not be a huge difference but big enough to notice!
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

It really irritates me that you people freak out over things with a picture that shows so little. Sure, Showtime's 350 was great, and I'm sure that this will also be good, but his last model was also 50% DDMX's.

The skin looks really nice from that distance, but it would for sure be cool to see more of the model. I suggest you make gifs of a 360 degree rotation around the model so that we can critique it. :)

Just saw that he made a post as I tried to submit mine, so here's my critique:

I would say that it's too low poly. That looks like it would be good for one of the LODs, but why not make a higher poly model so that the people with a better PC can run it at a higher detail?

I also think that if you want the norms and spec to help it look a lot better, you're going to need a more detailed bike. I norm can't just do everything, because it will look funky from different angles if you do it that way.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
TH_722

Post by TH_722 »

front nuber plate looks too big and front fender looks weird but otherwise looks nice
ShowtimeMx

Post by ShowtimeMx »

KTM57 wrote:It really irritates me that you people freak out over things with a picture that shows so little. Sure, Showtime's 350 was great, and I'm sure that this will also be good, but his last model was also 50% DDMX's.

The skin looks really nice from that distance, but it would for sure be cool to see more of the model. I suggest you make gifs of a 360 degree rotation around the model so that we can critique it. :)

Just saw that he made a post as I tried to submit mine, so here's my critique:

I would say that it's too low poly. That looks like it would be good for one of the LODs, but why not make a higher poly model so that the people with a better PC can run it at a higher detail?

I also think that if you want the norms and spec to help it look a lot better, you're going to need a more detailed bike. I norm can't just do everything, because it will look funky from different angles if you do it that way.

What irritates me is when people dont notice the obvious, when you go on pure mxs and you go to download the 350 it states clearly to give most credit to ddmx and giopanda for the 350 because i did use the ktm ddmx made as the base. exactly why I dont claim the 350 is all that great cause it was never meant to be public just a model i created for my own personal enjoyment. what really makes it difficult is because one thing you will notice about this community thats different from the mcm days is how demanding people are when they get most things for free, let people freak out and be excited thats how a community gets more people involved not by everytime something comes out you bash the hell out of it without even actually seeing it. I have no problem with people giving me advice on what they feel needs improved, but by darn please for the love of everything that is holy, do it in a decent manner and I promise i will listen.

As far as higher detail, I really feel its a waste I have a core i7 with 16gb of ram and a gtx560 and for the most part it still sometimes gives me troubles with the models we have, so why not try to make a Low Poly bike that still looks really good?
And i have seen models that are incredibly low poly look amazing with norms and spec done, so there is a lot that can be done with those.
"this community has more little kids than michael jacksons neverland ranch on easter" -ddmx
REIDY-171
Team: Privateer

Post by REIDY-171 »

The only thing that really bothered me about the 350 was how square the back of the seat was. It looks like your 2013 model might have the same one? In this picture you can see that the end of the seat has a more angular shape. Almost like a triangle
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

In what form do you need help? Do you need advice or do you actually need someone to make the maps for you?
ShowtimeMx

Post by ShowtimeMx »

REIDY-171 wrote:The only thing that really bothered me about the 350 was how square the back of the seat was. It looks like your 2013 model might have the same one? In this picture you can see that the end of the seat has a more angular shape. Almost like a triangle
thanks REIDY ill change that as that is huge and the seat is a new model.

DJ

Id love some help on how to do norms and spec im just a complete novice when it comes to how it all works and how to get the desired outcome your looking for. As far as someone doing them I wouldnt mind but id also maybe like to as i said learn in the process.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

I'd say most of the normal map could be drawn in photoshop. All you need to do for that is make a displacement map, then use the nvidia normal map plugin to convert it to a normal map. There are a few parts on the bike that could have the normal baked though. Mainly the front fender, swingarm and a few engine parts. I can help you with that if you want. When you have multiple layers of normal maps in photoshop, set them all to overlay so they stack up on each other properly.

The spec map is really simple. It uses 4 channels, RGB gives the colour of the reflection, and the alpha channel gives the sharpness of the reflection. Download one of my templates (for the wheels or YZF or something) to see how I've constructed the spec map.
yamaha#521

Post by yamaha#521 »

I've noticed that the 350 doesn't have that hole under the rear fender, and i think that that model doesn't have it either.
yamahakid427
Team: Privateer

Post by yamahakid427 »

ShowtimeMx wrote:

These look awesome showtime! good job man i cant wait for em!