Upcoming Tracks and Track Objects #2

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Re: Upcoming Tracks and Track Objects #2

Post by checkerz »

The track will be based off the 2011 national.
ehm24
Team: Used to be Factory

Post by ehm24 »

Would it be possible to do the tracks on top of the hill?? :D !.. I think that'd be sweet to have more tracks, almost like a compound!
Motoboss

Post by Motoboss »

paulr093 wrote:Hahaha thats funny tom, i kind of just jumped onto it because ruben was telling me about it and i immediately volunteered. :D If motoboss, haggqvist or checkerz or any experienced track maker is reading, where specifically do you guys add shading too? On jumps and ruts and breaking bumps. What can i do to make the track better with shading?
On shading it really depends on your decals...If you have great decals you really dont have to mess with the shading...For instance the JS7 compound shading wasnt messed with hardly at all but if your decals are kinda bland then its a great way to spice them up...Hope this makes sense like I said before when your messing with the shading use the same technics you used when you were texturing an MVA track and you should come up with a great result.
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer,
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page
My YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR5gAn ... z59ykqiKyA
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

metrodome with jlv's atlanta in it.
mxrewind665
Team: FlowTech

Post by mxrewind665 »

EPIC! :)
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Thunder valley and budds creeks colours were all done with shadingx2. I placed greyscale decals for a hd underlay. I did this before this new erode system, so now the track goes grey when you refresh the shading.
VMX_SKYmx99
Team: BOMR

Post by VMX_SKYmx99 »

DJ99X wrote:Thunder valley and budds creeks colours were all done with shadingx2. I placed greyscale decals for a hd underlay. I did this before this new erode system, so now the track goes grey when you refresh the shading.
I noticed that when I tried to update the shading. I really liked the results it gave though. It seemed the colors were more vibrant that way or something.
Motoboss

Post by Motoboss »

DJ99X wrote:Thunder valley and budds creeks colours were all done with shadingx2. I placed greyscale decals for a hd underlay. I did this before this new erode system, so now the track goes grey when you refresh the shading.
Imo the textures seemed way over contrasted ...I could hardly see the tracks on my HD screen because of the dark areas .I had to switch to my regular monitor ...No problem there though its the one I usually use anyway.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

It's hard to get something to look right on all monitors. I've been making the tracks on my laptop, then I look at them on my old desktop and they look much more vibrant than what I was expecting
Motoboss

Post by Motoboss »

I agree with you there DJ ...I usually go for a happy medium between both of mine...I also keep in mind most people dont have a HD monitor...
VMX_SKYmx99
Team: BOMR

Post by VMX_SKYmx99 »

DJ99X wrote:It's hard to get something to look right on all monitors. I've been making the tracks on my laptop, then I look at them on my old desktop and they look much more vibrant than what I was expecting
I have an hd monitor and I honestly preferred the vibrant, contrasted look. Keep it up sir.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Yeah, the Thunder Valley textures were a little bit much on the value contrast, but the colors did seem good.

Didn't the old erode system just overlay onto the shading.ppm? I could've sworn it used to update automatically. Maybe it changed when decals rolled around?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
DJ99X

Post by DJ99X »

Yeah, the shading is merged with the decals now, so it can't update.
Team: LCQ Studios / rF

Post by 137 »

The stadium looks so sick. Hope to see it in action for the 2013 season.
If you enjoy what I make, donate to the cause 8) It's very much appreciated!!
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

137 wrote:The stadium looks so sick. Hope to see it in action for the 2013 season.
i really have no idea what im doing. idk how im ever going to get it skinned. idk if theres a special way to do that in blender, since its such a large and complex object. or if i need to break it down into a bunch of pieces.