3d animation/renders

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
SMR 510RR
Team: Privateer

Re: 3d animation/renders

Post by SMR 510RR »

Yea, I agree on the wood being a little too shiny. I made everything in the scene and textured it all. Yea I am using Mental Ray so its a Mr sun and sky, learning as I go have no actual training in 3ds max so it has been a learning experience. I use mostly Mr arch&design materials because they are quick to setup with the presets they have, mental ray can be a PITA but I dont really feel like learning (or buying) v-ray at this point in time. We use Revit for our architecutral needs and I can export directly from there in FBX form and import into max but it is linked so if I make a change I can easily update my max scene...Long story short is that Revit has Mr as its rendering engine so the materials I have setup in Revit transfer over as Mr materials and it would take me a lot longer to switch out every material when half of them are perfectly fine.

I personally find exterior scenes much harder to render realistically because they always look a little cartoon like, must be material settings though. I havent done one in a while so maybe I just sucked at it back then haha.

I am working on a kitchen rendering at the moment so I will post it up when it is done. These are just promotional to go in a magazine we are doing so they are only going to end up like 3" wide so I am not too worried about the little details haha.
ehm24
Team: Used to be Factory

Post by ehm24 »

To make that render just about perfect besides the roof, manipulate the wood texture to make it more realistic and it would look just about real.
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

ehm24 wrote:To make that render just about perfect besides the roof, manipulate the wood texture to make it more realistic and it would look just about real.
The floor?
ehm24
Team: Used to be Factory

Post by ehm24 »

The bed, sorry I spaced out in what I was talking about.
Kording

Post by Kording »

First model and render ever. I am getting used to blender yeah :D what do you think ?
Tennis, Basketball and Baseball all requires one ball
Motocross requires two!
Jamesmx2000

Post by Jamesmx2000 »

my first sorry for the crappy quality, probably needed more llight
Kording

Post by Kording »

haha very nice. Yeah we are getting used to it bro. What program did you use ?
Tennis, Basketball and Baseball all requires one ball
Motocross requires two!
p2sta

Post by p2sta »

nice to see somebody actually trying to learn instead of just begging others to do more bikes ;) Keep working man!
Jamesmx2000

Post by Jamesmx2000 »

Kording wrote:haha very nice. Yeah we are getting used to it bro. What program did you use ?
blender
thanks p2sta
attacker5
Team: Ub e moh tow

Post by attacker5 »

ddmx

Post by ddmx »

Speed model of a hackercraft style boat. Hull would be mahogany. Engine compartment at the stern, seating and captain at the bow.

Primarily a test to familiarize myself with SolidWorks surfacing features.

attacker5
Team: Ub e moh tow

Post by attacker5 »

Thats cool, love the curves.
MXJProductions
Team: MXJP

Post by MXJProductions »

Well this was editing in After Effects, however the 2nd scene is by me. I made this while back in Coolege lol Getting my edumication! Anyways, not the best modeling, but I was extremely proud of it at the time.

This is a demo Reel I did recently for Vurbmoto.com for a job position. I was fortunate enough to land it. However does not start until 2013 after Supercross season starts. Doing basically all of their After Effects needs for Redbull,RacerX, etc....
Anyways enjoy!

The last segment gets a bit repetitive, but I wanted to show them, I could do After Effects as well photography,video work.
SCHAFFERNOCKER
Team: blank

Post by SCHAFFERNOCKER »

nice detail on the camera's tho. Looks real good for focusing your time in video editing.
MXJProductions
Team: MXJP

Post by MXJProductions »

Thank you. Most people are shocked to find out I can model, it is just not something that interest me. I respect anyone who does modeling lol. Such a pain in my ass. :lol: