Qualifying Servers

Post your suggestions here
Gideon#67
Team: Privateer

Qualifying Servers

Post by Gideon#67 »

Is it possible to somehow make the entry to qualifying servers be License dependent? So that the Pro/A qualifying servers only allow those with those licenses in. And same for B,C ? And of course that would only apply for days in which qualifying runs. I think it might alleviate some frustration faced by guys trying to qualify when others in the wrong class/ not even signed up come into a server and squid it up ruining laps and what not.
jlv wrote:I've banned UID 1 for one day. Next time will be a week.
yzmxer608 wrote:I got to cuddle with Kellen because of this game. Thank you jlv!
Mikey wrote:We can all learn a lesson here boys. Never mess with a Mormon.. they will take it like a bitch.
wheels1758

Re: Qualifying Servers

Post by wheels1758 »

Gideon#67 wrote:Is it possible to somehow make the entry to qualifying servers be License dependent? So that the Pro/A qualifying servers only allow those with those licenses in. And same for B,C ? And of course that would only apply for days in which qualifying runs. I think it might alleviate some frustration faced by guys trying to qualify when others in the wrong class/ not even signed up come into a server and squid it up ruining laps and what not.
I THINK we are going to set it up like this:
  • elsinore.mxsimulator.com:19802 All riders -> counts for pro night
  • elsinore.mxsimulator.com:19805 All riders -> counts for am night
  • elsinore.mxsimulator.com:19806 A/Pro riders -> counts for pro night
  • 64.85.166.151:19827 B/C riders -> counts for am night
  • racing.mxsimpits.com:19800 All riders -> counts for either night
jlv
Site Admin
Team: No Frills Racing

Post by jlv »

Any interest in setting part of the field with a qualifying race? That would be way more fun than trying to set a lap time.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
bdownen323

Post by bdownen323 »

wheels1758 wrote:I THINK we are going to set it up like this:
Would it be useful/possible to somehow forcespec everyone but forceplay you in your certain qualifying server (such as 06 or Stormz's) once you sign up in the correct class and enter? JLV could know how to do this
bdownen323

Post by bdownen323 »

DP but the only reason I suggest this is because a bunch of nobodies still come in the A/PRO "only" servers and ruin our laps while not listening to us when we tell them it isn't an amateur/"just for fun"(like 01 or 03) racing server.
Robert196

Post by Robert196 »

bdownen323 wrote:DP but the only reason I suggest this is because a bunch of nobodies still come in the A/PRO "only" servers and ruin our laps while not listening to us when we tell them it isn't an amateur/"just for fun"(like 01 or 03) racing server.
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |
MX PRODIGY 17
Team: TBR

Post by MX PRODIGY 17 »

Robert196 wrote:
bdownen323 wrote:DP but the only reason I suggest this is because a bunch of nobodies still come in the A/PRO "only" servers and ruin our laps while not listening to us when we tell them it isn't an amateur/"just for fun"(like 01 or 03) racing server.
PLEASE.
Ohagan75
Team: Prime Design GFX

Post by Ohagan75 »

MX PRODIGY 17 wrote:
Robert196 wrote:
PLEASE.
Donate if you like My Creations
ehm24
Team: Used to be Factory

Post by ehm24 »

Maybe there could be a script written where it grabs UIDs for anybody who is an A/Pro rider and they are only people that can ride and everybody else is just in warm up, is that possible?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

bdownen323 wrote:
wheels1758 wrote:I THINK we are going to set it up like this:
Would it be useful/possible to somehow forcespec everyone but forceplay you in your certain qualifying server (such as 06 or Stormz's) once you sign up in the correct class and enter? JLV could know how to do this
You could reserve all slots for the signed up riders like my old 'barn door' script did for qualified riders. Someone would have to go on the server and reserve the UIDs though.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
If you email, put "MX Simulator" in the subject to make sure it gets through my spam filter.
bdownen323

Post by bdownen323 »

The only concern would be riders that sign up after the slots are already reserved. Could a script be setup to automatically reserve slots as riders sign up?
jlv
Site Admin

Post by jlv »

It could be done. Not sure I want to bother with it though. The easy thing to do would be to reserve everyone who signed up for the last round and let the new riders qualify on an open server.
Josh Vanderhoof
Sole Proprietor
jlv@mxsimulator.com
bdownen323

Post by bdownen323 »

Not a bad idea. Or reserve 06/Stormz's for the fast 40 in each class the week before and have everyone else in an open server. It'll be interesting to see what Sween/Wheels decides to do
MX PRODIGY 17
Team: TBR

Post by MX PRODIGY 17 »

bdownen323 wrote:Not a bad idea. Or reserve 06/Stormz's for the fast 40 in each class the week before and have everyone else in an open server. It'll be interesting to see what Sween/Wheels decides to do
This would definitely be good and more reasonable for them to do. Hell, I would type the 80 (top 40 from each class)out if you wanted me to.
Jay

Post by Jay »

bdownen323 wrote:Not a bad idea. Or reserve 06/Stormz's for the fast 40 in each class the week before and have everyone else in an open server. It'll be interesting to see what Sween/Wheels decides to do
This would be soo good