The Other Racing Games Topic

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Post Reply
Mikey
Posts: 7018
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:27 am
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Post by Mikey »

Ford G6 looks pretty nice, damn. Won't get it though, no real point. I want the Toyota so bad.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
Pumaxcs
Posts: 13228
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:50 pm
Team: Kyle/Luiz
Location: Western, Kentucky

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Post by Pumaxcs »

Real Racing 3 for the iPhone, all considered, is a fantastic racing game.
Image
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: ↑Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
KaseoDip
Village Idiot
Posts: 1879
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:39 pm
Team: Tegridy Farms
Location: Kansas

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Post by KaseoDip »

Downloading it right now. Looks really good!
JT43
Crushed Dissenter
Posts: 3245
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:33 pm
Team: MotardMatt220
Location: KTM57

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Post by JT43 »

Pumaxcs wrote:Real Racing 3 for the iPhone, all considered, is a fantastic racing game.
I suppose its alright for a phone game but i just really dont like it, i think its because ive done about 5 races now and i havent got a lamborghini yet :lol:
jlv wrote: Motardmatt220 is a crock of shit
KTM57 wrote: August is 13 years old and thinks he's hot shit because he's a lot younger than everyone else
soc_monki
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:34 am
Team: JDR JStar Motors
Location: Mississippi

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Post by soc_monki »

Kramton wrote:Jason Scott, right? I'll friend request you when I get home and stuff. You find more stupid little kids in the oval racing because its something they can wrap their head around. You would think it gets better as you move up but it doesn't. Too many rednecks that want to UUUURNHARDT!!!! out there and will just destroy you by being stupid and then try to blame you. Same can be said for road racing. Catch a guy from 10 seconds back in 2 laps and when you pull out to pass him he blocks.... :roll: You usually get the "if you're so much faster just go around me" reply. Dumbfounds me. But with the SR and iR systems you have a better chance at finding a clean race in iRacing than in rFactor 2. Unless you go league racing, then it doesn't matter what you play.

Got down to a 1:32.7 PB and a 1:32.6 optimal. No way I am shaving another whole second off of that lap time.
yup...im Jason Scott2 on iRacing though. i have found that as my iRating and SR go up, i get into better splits. however, sometimes that doesnt always help, mostly because someone will have a good run for a few races, getting lucky with incidents and what not, then get into a race where the SOF is way too high for their skill and they cause a huge pileup. which causes everyones iRating and SR to go down. im consistent and have good iRating and SR on Road, and i find that most of those guys are generally good sports and will race hard but try to be courteous. Oval is totally different, but ive had more good races than bad in both. its just youre so close to others on the Ovals that one person getting out of shape can just ruin it for so many! comes with the territory though, right? still, being that close is intense and so much fun!
Image
Kramton
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:51 pm
Team: No frippery

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Post by Kramton »

Just here to brag some more.

Ran a 30 lapper at Suzuka in the FW31 last night to check my fuel useage for the race. Mikey said he was going to run with me but crashed on lap one and then went and just tried to hot lap the whole time from there. On he 14th lap of my 2nd fuel run (lap 29) I ran a time quicker then Mikey could muster during the whole session. Then I ran out of fuel and fell one lap short of my 30 lap goal. Oh well atleast now I know how much fuel I will need this weekend.
yzmxer608
Posts: 15352
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:30 am
Team: SYS
Location: Wisconsin, U.S.A

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Post by yzmxer608 »

Does it really hinder you that much to just start with a full tank? I guess if you find out the amount needed the rest of the tank is just waste though.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Mikey
Posts: 7018
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:27 am
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Post by Mikey »

Well, you never want to have more than you need. But in general you can feel the fuel so so so much in the corners, braking not so much. I always prefer to do 1 stop than 0 stops.

And fuck you Mark! I got to a 33.1, need more practice for this weeks races.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
Mikey
Posts: 7018
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:27 am
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Post by Mikey »

My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
MX PRODIGY 17
Posts: 3275
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:36 pm
Team: TBR
Location: New Jersey

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Post by MX PRODIGY 17 »

Mikey wrote:I made a bunch of Dale JR Vegas AMP paints. And saw a few people running it! Pretty stoked.

http://www.tradingpaints.com/view/146832
http://www.tradingpaints.com/view/146701
http://www.tradingpaints.com/view/146721
http://www.tradingpaints.com/view/146532
Hell yea! good job man!
Image
TeamHavocRacing
Posts: 8673
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:52 am
Team: Havoc Racing
Contact:

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Here's a little clip of Assetto Corsa. It's pretty damn fun once you get your wheel adjusted for it.
jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
R.I.P. Sofa
TeamHavocRacing
Posts: 8673
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:52 am
Team: Havoc Racing
Contact:

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Post by TeamHavocRacing »

Overnight DP...TV replay of AC and some rFactor with the CORR 2 mod.

jlv wrote:If it weren't for Havoc I'd have been arguing with the 12 year olds by myself.
R.I.P. Sofa
Mikey
Posts: 7018
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:27 am
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Post by Mikey »

Mark, you will love this.

My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
Kramton
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:51 pm
Team: No frippery

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Post by Kramton »

Maybe my 4.90SR seem impossible.
JT43
Crushed Dissenter
Posts: 3245
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:33 pm
Team: MotardMatt220
Location: KTM57

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Post by JT43 »

I've always wanted to get into iRacing, but its just so damn expensive. I tried it before for a month because i got a promo code so it only cost 5$ but then just out of curiosity i looked at the price of other vehicles and tracks and i was shocked when the price of one car was triple what i paid for a month's subscription! :lol:
jlv wrote: Motardmatt220 is a crock of shit
KTM57 wrote: August is 13 years old and thinks he's hot shit because he's a lot younger than everyone else
Post Reply