The Other Racing Games Topic

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Post Reply
MX PRODIGY 17
Posts: 3275
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:36 pm
Team: TBR
Location: New Jersey

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Post by MX PRODIGY 17 »

dp, but yea that onboard cam was SOO sick man. I loved the idea, just was super laggy. Hope to see that in a bunch of rigs someday for the stream.
Image
Robert196
Posts: 3408
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:50 pm
Location: 192.168. 1.1

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Post by Robert196 »

Kasey decided to do a NASCAR Daytona Hosted race now, come in TS and join us!

Cars are both the Gen 6 and the COT. Hopefully he gets a good turnout!
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |
KaseoDip
Village Idiot
Posts: 1879
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:39 pm
Team: Tegridy Farms
Location: Kansas

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Post by KaseoDip »

THAT.......WAS........AWESOME!! Didn't even finish before everyone quit. I'd say that's pretty successful!!
Stormz
Posts: 2015
Joined: Wed May 12, 2010 7:52 pm
Location: US of A
Contact:

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Post by Stormz »

MXTrent75287 wrote:I'll sum it up. And once again, my opinion.

Call it what you want, but it is what it is.
I actually play sim fully geared up, at times I roll my bike to the center of the living room, much to my wife's dismay, and play because it makes me feel cool, when I watch Tysen, I make motorcycle noises and try and do wheelies on my bike while sitting in the living room as well. It's all to no avail though, because I still suck IRL...I mean even those dirty Kansas riders beat me (f'in Kasey!)

So thank you for ruining my confidence and pissing me off. I think I'll go beat off until my dong is chapped wishing I had as cool of a life as MXTrent.

#DOYOUEVENLIFTBRO
KaseoDip
Village Idiot
Posts: 1879
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:39 pm
Team: Tegridy Farms
Location: Kansas

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Post by KaseoDip »

Stormz wrote:I mean even those dirty Kansas riders beat me (f'in Kasey!)
Don't mind me while I put this in my signature. :)
yzmxer608
Posts: 15352
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:30 am
Team: SYS
Location: Wisconsin, U.S.A

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Post by yzmxer608 »

Mikey pls,

http://insidesimracing.tv/forums/topic/ ... entry53819
http://insidesimracing.tv/forums/topic/ ... creen-rig/

Image
Image
Image
Image

Besides the motion on the seat/pedal unit, the whole rear end slides horizontally when the rear loses traction. I believe the video is of an older version of it, the photos are the newest on his log.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Cooper305
Crushed Dissenter
Posts: 98
Joined: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:35 am
Team: Privateer

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Post by Cooper305 »

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JUST GOT F1 2012!!!
Image
dylan22
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:46 am
Location: South Australia

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Post by dylan22 »

Mikey wrote: Thinking of building a DIY simrig, not sure if i want to jump into it though. I need to find one which will be convenient for keyboard use :? .
I'm thinking about doing this to, but it's a pain thinking how you could design it to work efficiently with other games to. Unless you want to just unplug your pc and set it up on a desk every time you want to play a different game.

I was looking at one of these, but It's pretty pricey and I haven't been into iRacing a lot lately. It feels like I cant get the wheel set up right, as you'd know ha.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Next-Level-R ... 0269wt_985
Image
Kramton
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:51 pm
Team: No frippery

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Post by Kramton »

What are your settings in the logitech profiler?

900 Degrees Rotation
107% Effects strength
0 Spring
0 Damping
NO centering spring

In game I adjust my FFB strength per car, and use 850 Degrees of rotation. If you enable the FPS/Network Display using the "F" key you'll see the "P" on the bottom with the bar that goes across the screen. You'll want to set your FFB strength so that bar moves to the right as far as possible, but never turns red/reaches the end of the graph. I'm usually between 18-20. I use a brake curve factor of between 1.8 and 2.2 depending on car, higher on oval cars because I trail brake more and need more control in the lower range of my brake throw, versus road racing where I want more control up top or near the end of my brake throw.

Hope that helps!
KTM880
Posts: 1056
Joined: Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:09 am
Location: QLD, Straya
Contact:

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Post by KTM880 »

Well i just got completely ruined by a guy with an extremely brazilian name. Guess they aren't the smartest in any sim :lol:
Can't believe my safety rating didn't drop. He caused 5 guys to crash and 3 to flip.
MX181 wrote:one of them bop it toys from when I was a child that taught young girls how not to give a hand job?
dylan22
Posts: 2669
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:46 am
Location: South Australia

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Post by dylan22 »

Kramton wrote:What are your settings in the logitech profiler?

900 Degrees Rotation
107% Effects strength
0 Spring
0 Damping
NO centering spring

In game I adjust my FFB strength per car, and use 850 Degrees of rotation. If you enable the FPS/Network Display using the "F" key you'll see the "P" on the bottom with the bar that goes across the screen. You'll want to set your FFB strength so that bar moves to the right as far as possible, but never turns red/reaches the end of the graph. I'm usually between 18-20. I use a brake curve factor of between 1.8 and 2.2 depending on car, higher on oval cars because I trail brake more and need more control in the lower range of my brake throw, versus road racing where I want more control up top or near the end of my brake throw.

Hope that helps!
Cheers for the help mate ill hop on when I get home and check all my settings, real keen to get it worked out. I was quicker with controller then wheel and that's not right ahah.
Image
Mikey
Posts: 7018
Joined: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:27 am
Location: Melbourne
Contact:

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Post by Mikey »

Yeah ours are way different Dylan. Thanks Mark.
My photography work
www.mikeowenphotographer.com
Robert196
Posts: 3408
Joined: Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:50 pm
Location: 192.168. 1.1

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Post by Robert196 »

Image

Too much $$$$$$. Spent that in a time span of a year. Everything I've ever bought on iRacing and I'm A class in both Road and Oval.
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |
scheeve3
Posts: 2672
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:20 pm
Location: Belgium

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Post by scheeve3 »

And that's why I have rF² :lol:
Frederik Van Eeckhoven - UID 326
1st Team @ MXSON 2009 & 2nd individual (125cc)
2012 DRT-Sandseries winner (MX1)
2012 DRT-spring SX series winner (OPEN)
2012 BMF-Friday night series winner (MX1)
Kramton
Posts: 221
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:51 pm
Team: No frippery

Re: The Other Racing Games Topic

Post by Kramton »

Two things.

We get it, you own rFactor 2 and don't like iRacing's pricing. No need to keep beating that horse.

Two, its rFactor 2, not rFactor squared. FFS IF YOU'RE GOING TO BE A FANBOY AT LEAST KNOW WHAT TO CALL THE DAMN GAME! :evil:

Now onto my opinion. You get what you pay for. Buy it nice or buy it twice. These both apply to my iRacing to rFactor 2 comparison. rFactor 2 is terrible in comparison to iRacing. I own and play both, although I can't stomach more than a few minutes of rFactor 2 before I just shake my head and load up iRacing or the AC demo for something that feels and looks much much better. The only place where rFactor 2 gets the nod is in number of graphical features, but even at that it doesn't look as good as iRacing. The palette they use in rF2 is just shitful.
Post Reply