The Supermoto Track Thread

All about making tracks for MX Simulator
MotardMatt220
Team: Privateer

The Supermoto Track Thread

Post by MotardMatt220 »

If you have any NEW supermoto track releases or betas then place them here.

Also any supermoto track or object/decal requests

And finally i will be making a supermoto track so if you have any ideas etc then post them down here

SMR 510RR

Re: The Supermoto Track Thread

Post by SMR 510RR »

I have a couple in my personal folder that I should finish. It would be fun to run a AMA Supermoto Series.

I have Infineon and Streets Of Willow, just need to clean them up and texture them and they will be good to go.

Anyone have a good way to place gates on the start straight in a staggered pattern? I think I tried it once but it was a PITA because you cant move them in game like other objects, they dont save the new position or something...I will have to try it again.
MotardMatt220

Post by MotardMatt220 »

i have a staggered start gate and it shouldnt be too hard to move them, you just have to move them in notepad++ but woil be good to get some betas of the tracks :D
rafagas

Post by rafagas »

SMR 510RR wrote: Anyone have a good way to place gates on the start straight in a staggered pattern? I think I tried it once but it was a PITA because you cant move them in game like other objects, they dont save the new position or something...I will have to try it again.
If you download Alcarras, open the timing gate file and check how I placed the gates. You have to do it manually but always follow the same pattern. Check this example:

I'm on the laptop and can't check the exact distance between every position that I used. The image above is just an example. Here i'm adding five feet at each gate on the X axis and 2 feet on the Y axis (4 feet when you go to the next row). As I said, this is an example, open Alcarras and check what I did there.

Moreover, I place the gates underground so that they do not appear. But you should add a traffic light that actually works. You can take it from the track too and edit the flaggers file to syncronise the red and green light of the billboard with the gates when they drop.

If you have any question, ask it and I'll try to help you ;)

As soon as the GP's are done, I'll finish Salt Lake City.The problem is that a lot of thing were quite off and I'll have to re-make almost the whole track haha
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

rafagas wrote:
SMR 510RR wrote: Anyone have a good way to place gates on the start straight in a staggered pattern? I think I tried it once but it was a PITA because you cant move them in game like other objects, they dont save the new position or something...I will have to try it again.
If you download Alcarras, open the timing gate file and check how I placed the gates. You have to do it manually but always follow the same pattern. Check this example:

I'm on the laptop and can't check the exact distance between every position that I used. The image above is just an example. Here i'm adding five feet at each gate on the X axis and 2 feet on the Y axis (4 feet when you go to the next row). As I said, this is an example, open Alcarras and check what I did there.

Moreover, I place the gates underground so that they do not appear. But you should add a traffic light that actually works. You can take it from the track too and edit the flaggers file to syncronise the red and green light of the billboard with the gates when they drop.

If you have any question, ask it and I'll try to help you ;)

As soon as the GP's are done, I'll finish Salt Lake City.The problem is that a lot of thing were quite off and I'll have to re-make almost the whole track haha
Thanks for the tip, I actually found something that worked quite well for my situation. Infineon is a kart track so its just two wide on the start but the front straight is a slight curve so it was going to be a nightmare to figure out all the math (with my skills at least). I had a sat overlay that had the lines on it so I made a decal for the line and placed each one making sure the arrow was facing in the right direction. Then I copied the lines from the decal file over to the start gate file (had to place each one in the correct order too) and with some simple editing it placed all the gates at the exact right spot for me.

I was wondering what the best method for hiding the gates was, is it possible to edit the texture so it is invisible but it will still have a collision if someone tries to jump the start?

I am using big decals (1/4 terrain) for the off track stuff but they are big (2048px) so I have to figure out what i want to do with them. I can break them up into smaller chunks I guess, at least around the track and then just use some decals to cover the rest of the terrain but IDK what i am going to do yet. The big textures work so well because I have the track and curbs alpha'd out of them so I dont have to precisely place the track/curb decals the edges just get hidden. Might have to get a beta race with some people together to see how it performs for everyone online, so far I havent had any problem with it by myself but that is hardly a test.

I will upload a teaser video with a few laps, its so fun I cant get anything done because i end up riding for like 1/2 hour.
MotardMatt220

Post by MotardMatt220 »

I had the same problem at that track bit i cant wait fir it to be done!

Hopefully if we can get a few tracks made we could look at doing a little race series?
rafagas

Post by rafagas »

SMR 510RR wrote:
Thanks for the tip, I actually found something that worked quite well for my situation. Infineon is a kart track so its just two wide on the start but the front straight is a slight curve so it was going to be a nightmare to figure out all the math (with my skills at least). I had a sat overlay that had the lines on it so I made a decal for the line and placed each one making sure the arrow was facing in the right direction. Then I copied the lines from the decal file over to the start gate file (had to place each one in the correct order too) and with some simple editing it placed all the gates at the exact right spot for me.
Great idea. A lot easier than my method haha
SMR 510RR wrote: I was wondering what the best method for hiding the gates was, is it possible to edit the texture so it is invisible but it will still have a collision if someone tries to jump the start?
I guess that you can create a new gate (or look for one that is already made) and add a transparent texture so that the object is there but you can't see it.

If you put it underground, it will work online because if someone jumps the start, he will get a penalty. It won't work in single mode.... but who cares what people do when they ride alone hahaha
SMR 510RR

Post by SMR 510RR »

rafagas wrote:
SMR 510RR wrote:
Great idea. A lot easier than my method haha
SMR 510RR wrote: I was wondering what the best method for hiding the gates was, is it possible to edit the texture so it is invisible but it will still have a collision if someone tries to jump the start?
I guess that you can create a new gate (or look for one that is already made) and add a transparent texture so that the object is there but you can't see it.

If you put it underground, it will work online because if someone jumps the start, he will get a penalty. It won't work in single mode.... but who cares what people do when they ride alone hahaha
Yea I was proud of myself when I figure out the decal method to placing start gates. You are right about the gates, I will just put them underground so i don't have to mess with it. Still tweaking the traction on the asphalt, I think I finally got it nailed down but i need some people to ride it and tell me what they think. I got a good realistic amount of traction but it sometimes behaves a little strange when the bike is leaned over and stuff like that although I did wreck at the track by getting on it too hard on exit so I think it is about right.

Uploading a fresh beta right now I will send you two a link.
dionhuybers
Team: AMJ Graphixx

Post by dionhuybers »

I love the idea of this topic!

And, Rafagas, can I use some statues from alcarras for my own track? :)
JT43
Crushed Dissenter
Team: MotardMatt220

Post by JT43 »

Matt, do you want to finish Three Sisters? i cant be arsed with it anymore
jlv wrote: Motardmatt220 is a crock of shit
KTM57 wrote: August is 13 years old and thinks he's hot shit because he's a lot younger than everyone else
MotardMatt220

Post by MotardMatt220 »

Funny you say that, i am but with real height data
JT43
Crushed Dissenter

Post by JT43 »

Real height data that you don't know how to get? :lol:
KTM57 wrote: August is 13 years old and thinks he's hot shit because he's a lot younger than everyone else
MotardMatt220

Post by MotardMatt220 »

I already have it, SMR 510 did it!
JT43
Crushed Dissenter

Post by JT43 »

For free? Damn, I need STMX haha
rafagas

Post by rafagas »

dionhuybers wrote:I love the idea of this topic!

And, Rafagas, can I use some statues from alcarras for my own track? :)
Sure, but give credits to the creators