MXS Midwest ride day

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
Stormz

Re: MXS Midwest ride day

Post by Stormz »

Did my first Star Mazda race last night. So much over steer! It was fun though, started 17th and I think I finished 8th.
Stormz

Post by Stormz »

Stormz wrote:Did my first Star Mazda race last night. So much over steer! It was fun though, started 17th and I think I finished 8th.
Wrong topic.

Back on topic here though, a fall ride would work better for me too, just gotta know!
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

I feel like organizing something in the fall would probably be better option. Right now we are just chickens running around with our heads cut off looking for the quick solution. Giving people more of a heads up would allow for more people to arrange and come by.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Post by Sweendoggy »

Pumaxcs wrote:I feel like organizing something in the fall would probably be better option. Right now we are just chickens running around with our heads cut off looking for the quick solution. Giving people more of a heads up would allow for more people to arrange and come by.
or do 2 ride days...I think end of may is plenty of heads up!
Sweendoggy
Team: Lone Wolf

Post by Sweendoggy »

Sweendoggy wrote:
Pumaxcs wrote:I feel like organizing something in the fall would probably be better option. Right now we are just chickens running around with our heads cut off looking for the quick solution. Giving people more of a heads up would allow for more people to arrange and come by.
or do 2 ride days...I think end of may is plenty of heads up!
Whoops, meant to say, you could plan it for 3 months, and still only have 4 guys show up, then you'd just be more bummed out haha
Cody Darr
Team: Start Your Systems

Post by Cody Darr »

Shack tried to plan an East Coast ride day, only 3 people showed up lol! Good luck guys I would maybe think about it for a vacation but I would rather go to Florida!
2011 LRS Monday Night local Series 125 Pro Champion
jlv wrote:What a dope! He should have saved that move for the last lap like Cody Darr!
Stormz

Post by Stormz »

Cody Darr wrote:Shack tried to plan an East Coast ride day, only 3 people showed up lol! Good luck guys I would maybe think about it for a vacation but I would rather go to Florida!
Florida sucks ass unless its January/February. Too hot.

I think a late July/early August in Colorado would be sick. I already know prices if anyone is interested as I usually go once every other year to Taylor Park (great riding area). But y'all are motobro's so I'll assume Colorado is too difficult! :P
Ih8Hondas
Team: One Man Goon Squad

Post by Ih8Hondas »

Stormz wrote:
Cody Darr wrote:Shack tried to plan an East Coast ride day, only 3 people showed up lol! Good luck guys I would maybe think about it for a vacation but I would rather go to Florida!

I think a late July/early August in Colorado would be sick. I already know prices if anyone is interested as I usually go once every other year to Taylor Park (great riding area). But y'all are motobro's so I'll assume Colorado is too difficult! :P
If you're talking about trail riding, I too poor for that shit. Too many things to hit and break you or the bike, and if you go slow enough to not hit those things it not very fun.
That guy on the two stroke
Stormz

Post by Stormz »

Ih8Hondas wrote:
Stormz wrote:

If you're talking about trail riding, I too poor for that shit. Too many things to hit and break you or the bike, and if you go slow enough to not hit those things it not very fun.
If you're good you don't hit and break things...in the last 5 years I've separated my shoulder and bent a pair of bars....that's noting compared to most mx atuff
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Yeah Colorado would be about two states out of my reach. I stopped at the airport there on my way to SLC and that felt like a really long flight so I doubt I'd drive that far.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
Yamahaman95
Team: Jesus

Post by Yamahaman95 »

lets go MC or thunder ridge id say
Tiller Crocker wrote:Look at those handlebar guards
Ih8Hondas
Team: One Man Goon Squad

Post by Ih8Hondas »

How far is Thunder Ridge from everybody? Just get directions to Kirksville, MO. It's only like 45 minutes from me, so I'm for it if we decide to go there. I can talk to the owner and see if he'd let us camp. If not, there are hotels in town, which is really close to the track. I don't think we'll need to rent the place since there's usually not that many people who show up to practice anyway. It's typically just the usual bunch of guys (owner and his son and several people who live, or used to live close to me) who all know each other and a few other randoms. It's a pretty chilled out place as long as you don't piss off the owner. He's kicked several people out before without refunds. He gets along with my family pretty good though. Respect him and his stuff and he'll respect you and we'll all have a good time.
That guy on the two stroke
yzmxer608
Team: SYS

Post by yzmxer608 »

Google says about 6 hours 45 minutes for me.
TeamHavocRacing wrote:If I had a nickel for every time someone asked for this, I would have a whole shitload of nickels.
Stormz

Post by Stormz »

4 and a half for me.
darnified
Crushed Dissenter
Team: ProConnection BSD

Post by darnified »

I think Balance MX in Kentucky would be perfect for MXS Ride day. Its pretty close to the middle of the midwest and its not no far from the east coast either. Its really fun, it's got some big rollers, some good size jumps, nothing to big, but nothing to small, so it should be good for various skill levels. This track is a fun speed track, but still pretty tame. Here is a video of Adam Cianciarulo tearing it up last year.

Tyler Antonides
Co-Owner of ProConnection BSD Customs #195