Gasper Hills

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
VMX_SKYmx99
Team: BOMR

Gasper Hills

Post by VMX_SKYmx99 »

Hello All,

Here is my latest release, Gasper Hills. This track is set in the hills of Southern Kentucky. The track has a great mixture of natural elevation and man made obstacles. Once you find the flow, the the track rides really well. I am not very well known for being a national creator, I am more of a supercross guy, but I feel that I accomplished my goals and made a fun/technical track that breaks away from my norm just a bit. I was originally going to enter this into the track contest, but it was so close to being complete I wanted to go on and release it and try to come up with something else for the contest. Please put in some motos and write a review. I am wanting some feedback to see what I can improve on and hopefully enter something competitive for the contest.

I made most of my own decals for this track and would like to leave them open for anyone to use. So if there is anything you see in there that you like, feel free to use it for your work. Just give me some credit in your release.

I would like to thank:
Checkerz and the rest of the rF guys for making the millville resources available to use
Jay for his rut decal
Haggqvist for the banners and bales
And whoever made the tree billboards

Have fun and Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?5qkhwwi2czhg6jx
Tom cortvriendt

Re: Gasper Hills

Post by Tom cortvriendt »

Thanks alot man! Looks awesome!
motoxjeff#7 wrote:JLV do you ever just sit back, and say " DAMN I made this game"? lol
PONZA77
Team: AMJ Graphixx

Post by PONZA77 »

thanks man,look sick!!!
BGnastyy905
Team: Tagger Designs

Post by BGnastyy905 »

Track is really fun Sky! Some parts are a little tight, but the track does break away from the norm like you said. It flows very well! Great work :)
My best lap after my first 5 lap race was a 2:05, how 'bout the rest of you?
@taggerdesigns #ScreamingCreative
rsbdotexe
Team: Privateer

Post by rsbdotexe »

Wow, great job man! One of the most fun/unique tracks I've ridden in MXS. It's like a more "southwicky" milleville.
Yamaha285
Team: MotoStar Racing

Post by Yamaha285 »

Such a great ride!!! The Visuals are insane. My new favorite for sure. Thank you for all the work you did to release this.
VMX_SKYmx99
Team: BOMR

Post by VMX_SKYmx99 »

Thanks a lot for all the kind words guys. I'm glad everyone is having fun on it! :)
mxrewind665
Team: FlowTech

Post by mxrewind665 »

the envirnment is nice. But the Banners in some spots need to be further away from the track. The close up ones look broken up. The track feels like it was a 2010 track like mission valley or sorento hills which is a good thing. Only thing I hate is the track is too tight. Needs to be opend up a little IMO. Rate "8/10
bondsmx
Team: privateer

Post by bondsmx »

sky, man.. GREAT track.. we threw it up on the FAMmx server, and have done moto after moto on it... i also think it is a little narrow, but i think it was a design decision, that works out.. it kinda slows down the track and adds to the "tech" factor of it. Like, i wish it was a little wider, but i think it works out better the way it is, if that makes sense. The traction takes a little getting used to, but im pumped someone finally went away from the whacky a$$, slick as snot rF traction that everyone seems to be using recently. Layout is awesome, its got a mix of everything, roughness is good.. its rough but not to rough, samething with ruts.. the big step up, is my new favorite "whip" jump in this game. All in all, i say make a number of tracks, with this style man.. One of my new all time favorites in this game i would say.. This track still infuriates me, dont get me wrong, but i continue to pound out laps on it.

we have another thread going in the "racing" section, asking what track we should use for our race tomorrow.. ( 7pm PST, on fammx.mxscentral.com:19807) and i dont think we need to ask anymore man. It was a unanimous decision, we are racing on Gasper Hills tomorrow night.. track is great to put laps in with a few buddies, and we are gonna find out how it does with a full gate. I think it'll be great Sky, and i cant wait until you put out some more in this style. I know you tend to stick to SX style tracks, but in my personal opinion, i think you found your new niche man....
Race Bonds #203
Mr-Mesi
Team: Privateer

Post by Mr-Mesi »

Great track! Having trouble connecting online though, says it's modified or what not.
In game: S. Soone [EST] #808
ant40c

Post by ant40c »

Looks just like reflex decals!!
Motofinne #375

Post by Motofinne #375 »

The track is good don't get me wrong but like you wrote, you are more of an sx track guy and i like your sx tracks more than this.

But the track was fun, maybe a bit to many rollers?
YzJarne_196

Post by YzJarne_196 »

Really fun track, too bad there are 500 haybales :roll: :lol:
isacult
Team: BakerMX.com

Post by isacult »

LOVE THE TRACK
just can't play on the FAMmx server and we're having a race on it tonight..
"Client Track Modified"

Which Millville do I need?
I'm guessing I need the billboards
?
Justin Baker | BakerMX.com #51
AWood wrote:WOOO BAKER
AWood wrote:Your excuses are about as shitty as mike Alessi on pulp MX show
YzJarne_196

Post by YzJarne_196 »

isacult wrote:LOVE THE TRACK
just can't play on the FAMmx server and we're having a race on it tonight..
"Client Track Modified"
[img]http://i.imgur.com/jiPO6ed.jpg[img]

Which Millville do I need?
I'm guessing I need the billboards
?
You need smith's grove