MotoOption TC Entry - Morrisville MX Park

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

MotoOption TC Entry - Morrisville MX Park

Post by checkerz »

Track Name: Morrisville Motocross Park
Track Picture:
Track Description:
Amidst the rolling hills and potato farms of Idaho, Morrisville Motocross Park boasts a loamy course, snaking through the property of the late Philip McRevis. Excellent utilization of the property's elevation change allows for jumps that send riders soaring just below the canopies of the land's trees, which cast majestic shadows across the course. A fully-stocked fishing pond and sunny pasture make the wide-open areas of this track beautiful; however, the moist dirt under cover of shadows shapes up a wickedly challenging and technical area pressed against the hill. Throughout the week, elite racers can be found at MMP honing their skills on this grueling track, but come Saturday, the track is fully prepared for racing. The track at Morrisville Motocross Park is open to the world's best racers at all times.

Credits:
Motoboss: Track banners, entrance sign, garage, trucks, trailer, rut bend decal, skybox, water decal, and weeds
Hagg: Road decal, bale, stake, and fence
Piista: Bobcat
yFMX: Van
DJ: Overhead banner, water, grass decal, small tent, roost decals, billboard trees, cattle gate, and flagger hut
SMR 510RR: Porta potty
Mason: Trailer house
Mona: MotoOption setup
Jay: Holeshot banner, holeshot decal, main decal norm

Watch out don't have too much fun;)

Track Map:

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?0tbaxihxvao89ph

checkerz wrote:Score - Category
14 - Fun Factor (0-15)
This track is incredibly fun and really captures the feel of riding. With a great mix of realism, fun jumps, and a flowy layout I can run lap after lap and not get bored on this track. A nice mix of options are sprinkled in and a big bonus... there are no WTF moments or hidden surprises. Some great inside/outside options in the corners and varying obstacles are impressive. I really dig the uphill off camber roller coming out of turn 14 - very realistic and the straight out of 15 over the scrub double, into the quad and finishline is easily one of the best sections in MXS to me. Scale, variety, and flow are what this track is all about.

8 - Environment (0-10)
Everything in the environment fits nicely with the theme and is well placed. Decals are something I haven't seen much of if not brand new entirely and normal maps aren't overdone which many tracks suffer from. Frame rate was solid as well. I really enjoyed how the track was built into the terrain and not just set on top of the terrain. The jumps up the hills and turn 10 are great examples of this. A small decline in score for the tree sticking out of the road and roads that don't end properly, but not much because they are out of view of the track. The track sign is a great touch as well.

9 - Creativity and realism (0-10)
The track and environment are believable and well executed.

Comments to the creator:
Everything in this track just simply "fits" and it has a near perfect mix of fun factor and realism. It is easily one of the best tracks in the game; however, I think having nothing "new" and "boundary pushing" may hold it back from winning this competition. I definitely will be burning many, many more laps on this track.

31 - Total points
Pumaxcs wrote:Score - Category
12 - Fun Factor (0-15)
The track rode well with shapes and traction but for me the track felt forced. The track also felt cramped because of the track width.

8 - Environment (0-10)
The track felt real. I like the normals as they complimented and didn't really take anything away. Everything else on the track was good but nothing to wowing or new.

7 - Creativity and realism (0-10)
Points here for realism, felt like a difficult local amatuer track from look and feel.

Comments to the creator:
Hopefully you don't take my fun factor critism to harshly as I am slow and I'm sure me stuggling to get the doubles out of corners sometimes is my fault and not making corners is also on me but not being able to play the track like I'm sure I'm supposed to really took away the fun.

27 - Total points
yzmxer608 wrote:Score - Category
14 - Fun Factor (0-15)
The displacement feels like it could be a real track, but has a lot of really fun jumps and ruts to rail. Racing online on this track is so fun, always different lines to take and plenty of opportunities for dualies.

8 - Environment (0-10)
Almost a perfect environment for a track that holds lots of races, but there were a few visual things holding it back. It only has billboard trees, 3d trees look so much better. In a few areas it's really easy to see outside the track tile and there weren't object shadows. The roost images looked really good but it looked like it had a ton of gravel in it or something, half of the roost was grey. Also a few turns (turn where the holeshot line is) looked like they had sand in them or something, a different type of dirt there, just didn't make sense to me. The decals/shaders looked really good.

8 - Creativity and realism (0-10)
Definitely a realistic track imo, not super long lap times with close racing and a scale that feels very realistic.

Comments to the creator:
A very fun track that feels realistic and has the visuals to match, only a few details are missing to make it look a little better.

30 - Total points
Phathry25 wrote: Score - Category
13 - Fun Factor (0-15)
Very fun track, and great for racing. Challenging and easy to burn laps at the same time. Would have liked to see more options in the corners and smaller ruts

7 - Environment (0-10)
The environment was great and really sold the local track feel. The decals weren't great or terrible, but at the same time none of us recognized them. Kudos on the new decals. Your colors worked together well. The track sign was a nice touch.

8 - Creativity and realism (0-10)
Very realistic track, we even had to check the website listed on the billboard to make sure it wasn't a real track. The corner radius matching flat ruts were a bit of a let down, but mostly over shadowed by the great feel of the environment.

Comments to the creator:
You really came out of left field with this track Carson. Not only was it the last entry but it was a pleasant surprise. More variation in your decals and smaller, steeper ruts that didn't follow the radius of the corner perfectly and hit a little more run out and this track would have been in contention for the win! I hope you find the time to make more tracks.

28 - Total points
Boblob801
Team: <3 Andy

Re: MotoOption TC Entry - Morrisville MX Park

Post by Boblob801 »

Um..... Not really what I was expecting. I think this doesn't comply with the rules

Hi
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Boblob801 wrote:Um..... Not really what I was expecting. I think this doesn't comply with the rules
Please be aware with folders within folders.
Boblob801

Post by Boblob801 »

checkerz wrote:
Boblob801 wrote:Um..... Not really what I was expecting. I think this doesn't comply with the rules
Why you do this to me =,(
Hi
barrington314
Team: me

Post by barrington314 »

Boblob801 wrote:
checkerz wrote:
Why you do this to me =,(
rentons is like that too, so be aware. lol.
Boblob801

Post by Boblob801 »

barrington314 wrote:Rentons is like that too, so be aware. lol.
Folder-seption :cry:
Hi
Cody Darr
Team: Start Your Systems

Post by Cody Darr »

I don't even know what to say, just epicness!!!!!
2011 LRS Monday Night local Series 125 Pro Champion
jlv wrote:What a dope! He should have saved that move for the last lap like Cody Darr!
pntra
Team: Privateer

Post by pntra »

Wich folder or contents needs to go into the main one to get the textures working properly?
MinnesotaMX
Team: TwistMoto

Post by MinnesotaMX »

Really liked this track. It's pretty fun, visuals are good, traction is good, fun factor is there. This is a really well thought out, and well put together track....it shows it too. Thumbs up.
checkerz wrote:The MXS Forums - Where people think it's cool to be an asshole.
MinnesotaMX wrote:Arrogance runs wild a midst the MXS forums.
BGnastyy905
Team: Tagger Designs

Post by BGnastyy905 »

Track is definitely a top contender it flows so good! Definitely a favorite with Renton.
8)
@taggerdesigns #ScreamingCreative
WolfNinja2
Team: LoneWolves

Post by WolfNinja2 »

I have all blank textures for a few tracks guys, how do I fix it? I have all the folders placed in my mxsim personal folder, no folder in folder ception going on lol