MotoOption TC Entry - Renton MX

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

MotoOption TC Entry - Renton MX

Post by checkerz »

Track Name: Renton MX
Track Picture:
Track Description:
It is the MX track of my compound. 1 or 2 SX tracks will be added soon.
It is a "MotoOption Ride Day" theme. Small number of objects and tall grass to keep the compound track feel.
The front of the track has some elevation changes whereas the back part is on flat ground with a sand section.

Ideally, the track is meant to be ridden with erode On.
I recommend to play with geometric details at 80 or more, textures at 9 and ground texture resolution at 256 or more.
Normal settings are the minimal settings imo.

Credits:

-haggqvist for the gp bales and the ama stakes.
-Checkers and especially the awesome Holly for sending me the reference pictures of the JS7 Compound.

Track Map:

Download:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/682 ... elease.rar

checkerz wrote:Score - Category
7 - Fun Factor (0-15)
Never have I wanted to enjoy a track so much. You get completely immersed in a beautiful environment and take off only to start overjumping and hitting phantom ruts everywhere. I've long been a fan of a 1:Fun vs. 1:1 scale, and this track just glares that to me. While the lips are perfect looking and look so great, you then realize you passed the landing 70 feet ago...while riding a 250f. I decided I can't punish the track for that, as maybe i just need to slow down. There were definitely some cases that helped, but many times because the lack of size of the jumps I couldn't even bring my scrubs back and I don't scrub that big. Add to it the fact that this track taxed my framerate harder than any other track and I constantly was falling in corners because of ruts I couldn't see and I just was having a heck of a time. But I put in more laps to try and like the track, but I just felt the layout was too long, straight, and smooth to really get the straights to make sense. The corners with the darker ruts were definitely fun because you could get in the realistic sized ruts and really rail. Unfortunately the great looking decals and shaders crushed the hope of seeing the ruts in most corners.

9 - Environment (0-10)
Any points to be taken away for the decals hiding ruts and a frame rate hit were taken off from fun factor, and I don't want to double punish the track. The truth is, this track looks fantastic, everything fits, and it will be in SOOO many screenshots for years to come because it looks wonderful.

9 - Creativity and realism (0-10)
It's realistic... quite possibly too realistic, but it definitely nails that. I think you could've kept a realistic feeling with a more creative layout though.

Comments to the creator:
When the judging was setup for the competition, it heavily weighted the fun factor because I wanted creators to spend as much or more time on making the tracks ride great vs. just looking great. Every inch of this track was went over with a fine tooth comb, and it is extremely well built and looks amazing. I just didn't get anything but frustration by actually playing the track.

25 - Total points
yzmxer608 wrote:Score - Category
8 - Fun Factor (0-15)
Some of the sections are fun but the 1:1 scale combined with corners that don't have much in the terms of ruts/berms makes it hard to not just putt around the track.

9 - Environment (0-10)
Would have been a 10/10 if it didn't lag so much. The visuals are absolutely stunning on this track, but it comes at a price. I think the shaders and decals all being 1024x1024 is what causes the lag (30fps with the same settings almost every other track at least at a constant 80-90+). The off track elevation object looks good as well as the lighting.

This is a realistic track, a very Reed personal track feeling to it imo. This would have been a 10/10 too if it had easier to use/see ruts, it feels like you have to tip toe through a lot of the corners.

Comments to the creator:
A very realistic track in terms of scale and jumps, visuals are amazing, just wish it had better ruts and maybe a littler larger scale to get rid of the putt putt feeling.

26 - Total points
Phathry25 wrote:Score - Category
12 - Fun Factor (0-15)
I really like this track. The traction works well for being able to throw whips, and doesn't feel like it was trying to be too epic. (high resistance) It's fast, fun and flowy. There were too many slam on the brakes type jumps for my taste. No matter how realistic that may be it's just not that fun. The same traction that made throwing whips so much ruins the ruts, which are great and not choppy at the bottom. I little more initial friction would have really helped me in being able to rail the ruts more consistently. Honestly I thought the traction felt sandy, even though there were well defined ruts, and then I came into the sand section and was confused. The sand traction feels about the same with more resistance.

9 - Environment (0-10)
Such a beautiful track. Once again the desaturated pallet won me over. The mountains surrounding the track are great, and I love the attention to detail at the edge of the mountains how they turn to rolling hills and then plains. The track fits in the environment perfectly. I'd love to give you a perfect score but the pop up on the grass statues is so terrible it's a distraction. It's weird because the small shrubs mixed in with the grass are fine, but the grass itself pops up 10' in front of you.

By far the most realistic track submitted. From the terrain to the environment everything is just as it would be in the real world. Except the traction/ruts used. Like I said, the track felt/looked sandy, so the well defined ruts were out of place.

Comments to the creator:
Love your attention to detail and how well everything fits together. I was a little put off by the yellow stakes lining the track. They're only used for nationals, and this track didn't have a national feel to it. Well the terrain did, the environment didn't. The traction is a tough one to tackle because it was still good and really allows for some great whips and scrubs. But at the same time it ruins the ruts. If you would have upped the initial friction just a touch I think I would have loved it.

30 - Total points
Pumaxcs wrote:Score - Category
13 - Fun Factor (0-15)
I was able to adapt to the 1:1 scale fairly quickly and by about lap 3 was able to start hit things and ride like I felt like you were supposed to. I hate having to tip-toe the corners though. The 1:1 scale small, options-a-plenty ruts just don't work when you think its flat and hardpack and you are committed to the flat track approach. Then sometimes the decal didn't match up and you'd put your faith in it and just feel violated when you washed out. Other than those few turns I had a blast on this track. The ruts you could hit you could really hit and the track really had a nice flow and was pieced together well. I did get on a 125 and got to have a whole new level of fun and the track really felt like what i would have liked it to feel like on a bigger bike. I would have loved to be able to open it up more on the bigger bikes without slamming on the brakes on the face of a jump, one or two jumps is fun and nice for a change but when its the majority of the jumps it really kills the flow and the fun of racing as it turns into a race of who can superman the least amount of times. The prospect of some SX's coming on a re-release are promising and I loved Redwood(like I couldn't guess), can't wait for those.

10 - Environment (0-10)
Beautiful. Nothing more to add. The dirt and grass looked amazing and the off track environment wasn't overbearing.

The most realistic track there is. Captured how overpowered the 450 is in the worst way. Once you learn to tame it it can become fun but I don't think for our alotted judging time you have that kind of time and you are mostly going to get first impressions. Not to say this type of track isn't fun but I would have liked to see something a little more on the creative/fun/large side like Beaumont had.

Comment:
Track was really fun and I enjoyed playing this one and I'm sure the people will be all over this track once its out post screenshots and videos but because of the track width and amount of corner options I don't think it will be on to many servers for racing purposes.

32 - Total points
sam-brinkley
Team: Pro Privateer

Re: MotoOption TC Entry - Renton MX

Post by sam-brinkley »

Can we have a new link please. It's down because of too much traffic.
Tom cortvriendt

Post by Tom cortvriendt »

Yes please!
motoxjeff#7 wrote:JLV do you ever just sit back, and say " DAMN I made this game"? lol
grandzen

Post by grandzen »

ho yes,médiafire link please!!
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

Not so easy to do that. It's 177 MB, that's too large for mediafire. Looking at plan B.
Cody Darr
Team: Start Your Systems

Post by Cody Darr »

Wish I could ride this one! :(
2011 LRS Monday Night local Series 125 Pro Champion
jlv wrote:What a dope! He should have saved that move for the last lap like Cody Darr!
Team: LCQ Studios / rF

Post by 137 »

I wish I could ride it too. It's the only one I was really looking forward to ride, no offense to any other track makers in this contest but I always love riding his tracks. Green Valley is still my favorite and something new would be sick.!
If you enjoy what I make, donate to the cause 8) It's very much appreciated!!
dbm41
Team: Privateer

Post by dbm41 »

sam-brinkley wrote:Can we have a new link please. It's down because of too much traffic.
KTM57

Post by KTM57 »

Mediafire allows up to 200 MB. Should be alright.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

I'm still working... sorry don't have time to upload at the moment and i think it's 150mb on mediafire. Wheels is putting on rF site for download when he gets home.
sam-brinkley

Post by sam-brinkley »

checkerz wrote:I'm still working... sorry don't have time to upload at the moment and i think it's 150mb on mediafire. Wheels is putting on rF site for download when he gets home.
Thank you, much appreciated.
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

BGnastyy905
Team: Tagger Designs

Post by BGnastyy905 »

Can't decide if this track or Morrisville MX Park is my favorite :shock:
So much fun, and I love the scale! Traction is awesome too :mrgreen:
@taggerdesigns #ScreamingCreative
sam-brinkley

Post by sam-brinkley »

checkerz wrote:Give this link a try :

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1d1vl ... ntonmx.zip
Works, thanks a bunch.
Robert196

Post by Robert196 »

Tied for my favorite track w/ the Motosport Compound. It gives off a amateur test day track feel. (Like a "MotoOption Ride Day" or Vurb Classic feel.)

It looks great, rides great and it fits my style I think.

For me its a dead tie. I can't decide which one I like more.
| 2013 MotoOption Supercross 250 Eastside Champion | #turnbarcrew |