MotoOption TC Entry - Acerbis Beach Classic

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

MotoOption TC Entry - Acerbis Beach Classic

Post by checkerz »

Track Name: Acerbis Beach Classic
Track Picture:
Track Description:
This is not a real event. A track on a beach that offers a mix of fun and chllenging jumps while being able to blast berms.
Not too rough but just enough. It then transitions back into the dunes and gives you another feel of enviroment as you ride along the boardwalk and rip through the dunes.
I hope that this has made a unique view while riding.

TrackNotes:
Plays well on 250t and 450/For wide open experience ride 125cc or a 250f.
Looks best with highest graphics like most tracks.
Freeride spots would be things like the dunes area and the hidden FMX are on the island.
You can ride on the Boardwalk.
Geat for screens and video.

Credit:
Tony-shading,30 second guy, finish guy.
Damien Desmond-decal norms
Jeremy C.-Make a map, terrain height info (a tad altered)
Pulse-decals (I altered the original color)
Haggavist-G.P objects
Motoboss-SM boxes, lightpoles, buildings, cattlegate, bridge, water, decals (I also altered the original color)
Steveo/Byron-loretta lynn's podium (altered w/ permission)
Clay-TM truck
Mona-MO clothing setup
AStorm- Ball of Death
JLV-this game,sx bridge (altered it w/ permission)
SMR 510RR-bleachers, scissor lift, corner markers, porta potties, semis,cameramen.
cpt_Slow-chestnut_fence
DDMX-freestyle objects,crowd
DJ-milleville starthouse,light billboards,pitguy
rF crew for AMA objects (motorsports tent, racetechtent)
Staydown/factortybr-farmsign
NAUpoiss75-Spazztec guys
Wilsonatv-Skybox
Honestly I have tried to credit everyone but IF for some reason I missed you THANKS A LOT!

Track Map:

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ug919n5k76j70du

Phathry25 wrote: Score - Category
6 - Fun Factor (0-15)
I didn't really find the track that fun at all. There's big hits and one section that I might even call fun, but the rest of the track is really odd and not flowing at all. One triple I have decided is impossible to jump, at least for a person as slow as me. Perhaps that's because it's a beach race though, and beach races are supposed to be hard and trying. But it is called fun factor, and I don't find not being able to jump jumps, and pounding into the backsides of gigantic singles fun. The traction was okay, and didn't offer any curve balls.

Gave this track an extra fun factor boost after I found the ball of death. Well played.

3 - Environment (0-10)
First off... This is my first impression of the track when it loads. Not a good start to have the start gate back drop in the way.

Now onto another awesome image I made.

• Top Left
    • Overlapping oceans look terrible and flash off in the distance
    • Lighthouse is a billboard, and it is over scaled and stretched
  • Middle Top
    • Is this boat really taller than it is long?
    • Over scaled and stretched...
  • Top Right
    • The glows on each light are a nice touch.
    • Where are the glows coming from? Clearly the light inside isn't turned on, or else the glass would be much brighter, like as bright as the glows
  • Bottom
    • These are way too narrow for how wide the track is. Would have been better off finding something else to mark the tops of the jumps.
    • Too many of this track marker, and too many Golden Tyre balloons.

There's some things on this track like this sign and the TV cameras that are really fine details. But other than those few out of place things the environment feels really rushed and unfinished, like the people being buried up to their hips in the gigantic 5'x10' blocks on the boardwalk, or the ship that is taller than it is long.

5 - Creativity and realism (0-10)
If it weren't for the huge non-jump-able jumps this score would be higher. I think the theme is creative, and realistic in that it is not fun and flowy. Maybe I am off base here though, as it's a gigantic track that still rides in a realistic manner, so maybe I shouldn't discount it on account of the huge jumps. I'm torn here...

Comments to the creator:
Personally I don't mind the over scaled tracks or the realistically scaled tracks. But each have a style all their own. This track has elements of both, but it doesn't work. If it's going to be huge it needs to be fun and flow and have jumps I can get wild off of. If it's realistically scaled it needs to be rough and rutted to still provide a challenge. I think it would be better to stick to one style or the other. For a beach race I think a realistic scale would be a lot funner as you are slamming through rough sections and having to pick a decent line. I feel like that style of track would really highlight what a beach race is all about.

14 - Total points
checkerz wrote:Score - Category
4 - Fun Factor (0-15)
I absolutely hate giving the track this low of a score because I can tell you spent some time on it. Unfortunately, no matter which bike I rode I just didn't understand the track. Perhaps I wasn't good enough or I was too good for it, I really don't know, but the scale really baffled me because jumps that looked like you should do them, you couldn't do and othertimes you'd jump a 100 foot double off a whoop. Not being able to see the starting gate added to the dismay.

3 - Environment (0-10)
It appeared to me that you really wanted to do something special for the contest, and you went with quantity over quality when it came to the objects. What resulted was a good idea gone horribly wrong. The lighting made the decals look fake, the terrain elevations weren't believable in that setting, there were random bridges or boardwalks following the height of the terrain, Glen Helen bridges where they didn't make any sense, and billboards that were done extremely poorly. Again, I hate rating it so low because the ideas are there, and the ideas themselves are good for the most part, but the execution just wasn't. The idea of a track on the beach with a city on one side and an ocean on the other is fantastic. I just think you bit off a bit too much without the resources to build your own models (or you didn't use that resource if you have it) resulting in coming up short of your goals.

6 - Creativity and realism (0-10)
You tried something new, I can applaud that and reward that with points. I would've loved to see you take this theme and either make it super realistic and just rough and sandy rollers everywhere or the complete opposite direction with just massive booter jumps (that you could clear), but you feel somewhere between.

Comments to the creator:
It's obvious you put time and thought into this track, and you had big ambitions. I would've liked to see something more "sandy" with rollers/rough/whoops if you wanted to keep it realistic or something with massive booters for whipping if you wanted to go surreal. I think the environment is covered above. I hope the comments encourage you to improve and don't discourage you from making more tracks.

12 - Total points
Pumaxcs wrote:Score - Category
5 - Fun Factor (0-15)
Straight up was not a fan. This track had a lot of ideas and many good intentions but it tried to do to many things OK and ended up doing nothing good. The jumps are far to overscaled making things unclearable and the traction hardly has a sand feel to it.

3 - Environment (0-10)
The environment falls victim to the same ailments as the terrain. It tried to do to much and in the case of environments less is usually more. This was definitely the case and many of the objects didn't really fit and really brought.

4 - Creativity and realism (0-10)
The idea was creative but I can't say much more than that. Some of the jumps ended up half the height of the taller buildings and for a beach that is way to much. However, this was something new as I don't think anyone has tried a beach race before.

Comments to the creator:
I hope you don't view this and give up. I have made some awful, awful tracks early on in this game but you will have to take our comments and construct something and try again. This game has a very little creators and because of some bad reviews I don't want to see anyone give up.

12 - Total points
yzmxer608 wrote:Score - Category
6 - Fun Factor (0-15)
The first thing I noticed was how large the scale was on this track, it almost feels like the track was created at a smaller scale then had a higher value set. The sections between turns 3-4 and 4-5 both had sections where I could not clear the jumps even on a 450. I would say the section from turn 5-6 is the most fun on the track, especially if you can get a decent scrub over the hill at turn 6. The track just felt too large to me, and not being able to make jumps and having to double them or let off on a 450 just isn't fun for me.

5 - Environment (0-10)
You definitely had a good idea for the theme/environment, but when I first heard the name I was thinking something along the lines of Thunder in the Sand or the Weston beach race. The area in the center of the track layout that has the dunes is what mainly takes the beach race feeling out for me. I know that's the opposite of what your intentions were but the way the buildings were placed in respect to the ocean made it seem like a beach on the coast of a fairly populated are (where there usually aren't sand dunes).

The decals were fairly plain, ground shaders would have helped make them look less plain (especially for sand). I like sunset themed tracks, I know you didn't make the lighting but the fog color didn't seem to match the sky. I like the idea with the boardwalk. I ride in first person so it didn't make much of a difference to me, but on the start gate if you use third person you cannot see the gate, your view is obstructed by the banner- something like this is an easy fix and should have been caught.

5 - Creativity and realism (0-10)
I think this track should be scored more on creativity rather than realism, if the scale was smaller and the size of some ruts and berms were smaller I could see it being a track that could be feasible to make (maybe just not in the environment it's placed in).

Comments to the creator:
The overall idea behind the theme was solid but I thought it could have been carried out better in a way the would make it seem more realistic and feel more polished. I'm not sure how many tracks you have made before but I can definitely see the potential for you to make some really cool tracks if you keep working at it.

16 - Total points
mxrewind665
Team: FlowTech

Re: MotoOption TC Entry - Acerbis Beach Classic

Post by mxrewind665 »

Thanks for all honesty. :) Ill only take this into consideration for future tracks. But damn last place sucks man :cry:
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

mxrewind665 wrote:Thanks for all honesty. :) Ill only take this into consideration for future tracks. But damn last place sucks man :cry:
YOURE NOT SUPPOSED TO SAY WHO MADE EACH TRACK.
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

AND I MADE THE CAMERAMEN :(
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I fucking love this track. So much fun! How in the world did it end up last? Well... I've only ridden Primal MX and this and I think this beats Primal MX.
02RR02
Team: JNR Motorsports

Post by 02RR02 »

Mxrewind made this track? Wouldn't have guessed that before he said it since I've never really been a huge fan of his tracks but this one is actually extremely fun to ride on. Was suppose to just ride 3 laps on this track but ended up doing a 50 min moto on this track because it was fun to ride on :)
Cody Darr
Team: Start Your Systems

Post by Cody Darr »

Link is dead or corrupt or something cant download it!
2011 LRS Monday Night local Series 125 Pro Champion
jlv wrote:What a dope! He should have saved that move for the last lap like Cody Darr!
mxrewind665
Team: FlowTech

Post by mxrewind665 »

Cody Darr
Team: Start Your Systems

Post by Cody Darr »

Got it but went to extract and it said it was damaged or wrong format? Not sure why.
2011 LRS Monday Night local Series 125 Pro Champion
jlv wrote:What a dope! He should have saved that move for the last lap like Cody Darr!
AuTo MaTik
Team: SYS

Post by AuTo MaTik »

Ehh. :|
I'm washed.
MinnesotaMX
Team: TwistMoto

Post by MinnesotaMX »

The track worked for me Cody.
Anyway, I actually enjoyed this track. It was super fun to take a 450 and just rail everything as hard as I could. That darn triple is a stretch, I'm gonna make it though! I think this one is pretty underrated in my eyes, worth the DL!
checkerz wrote:The MXS Forums - Where people think it's cool to be an asshole.
MinnesotaMX wrote:Arrogance runs wild a midst the MXS forums.
Bubba40
Team: Kyb/Enzo

Post by Bubba40 »

Awesome Track
LinkinMark1987
Crushed Dissenter

Post by LinkinMark1987 »

I'm not a fan of the track because it doens't give me that beach race feel. The track has big booters and the straight aways etc. are pretty flat. The title of the track would fit alot better if it had small single jumps and alot of ruts and bumps.