MotoOption TC Entry - Shadow Valley MX Park

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

MotoOption TC Entry - Shadow Valley MX Park

Post by checkerz »

Track Name: Shadow Valley MX Park
Track Picture:
Track Description:
Hidden in the mountains of Colorado, is an MX facility that features a
professional level SX and MX track. In its current layout, the two tracks
have been combined, in order to challenge even the best riders.
The SX track has a flowing, technical layout, while the MX track
is fast paced, and utilizes the natural terrain that gives the
place its name; Shadow Valley.

Credit:
Checkerz: SX template
Motoboss: Skybox, Bleachers
Haggqvist: Haybales, Decals, Doghouse, and Tree billboard
ddmx: Tree and Rock groups statues
DJ: Various objects from Millville
barrington: 30 sec seq.
twistmoto: Semi model
Big thanks to the creators of all the team rigs.

Special Thanks to MotoOption, RaceFactory, and everyone involved with putting this track comp together.

Track Map:

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hjv86njoym0wf ... wvalley.7z

checkerz wrote:Score - Category
11 - Fun Factor (0-15)
Shadow Valley has the makings of a really, really fun track... well a few really fun tracks, but it just barely went off course and missed the mark. The jumps, layout, rough, and ruts all gelled nicely with me; but in this case there is just too much of a good thing. Lap times drug out way too long and hurt the track big time. If this had been available as one national with just the outdoor sections, 2 SX tracks, and then the mega loop; it would've rivaled the best tracks in the competition. instead it's an extremely long outdoor combined with a SX section that feels like two oversized SX tracks (lengthwise) and that bummed me out. Don't get me wrong, the track still is full of awesome sections. In fact, most of the sections are awesome. Nice use of elevation also.

5 - Environment (0-10)
Probably the weak link of this track is the environment. From the duplicated dead trees everywhere, to a lack of shrubbage, to the out of place bleachers and overhanging banners (and ones you jump through), to the oldschool pieced banners, to the decals without much variation, the environment struggled. As a positive, the environment didn't take away from the riding experience of the jumps and bumps, and that is where this track really shines.

5 - Creativity and realism (0-10)
Unrealistic in length, and not super creative unless you count being a mega-track. Some of the jumps were definitely unique on the national, and again, that is this tracks strong point.

Comments to the creator:
I would've loved to see multiple versions of this track. Had that been the case, it would've been a tough track to beat on fun factor alone because it is well built and a TON of fun. Unfortunately instead of just a single shot of tequila, this track tried to chug the whole bottle. I really hope this creator builds more tracks because the tools are there to make some of the best in the game.

21 - Total points
yzmxer608 wrote:Score - Category
12 - Fun Factor (0-15)
Tons of fun sections on this track, most coming from the MX portion of the track though (double turning section, multiple booters, high speed sections after the start, hip step down). The SX is pretty good but I'm more of an outdoors guy so it's easier for me to find it more fun (especially on a track with both types in one lap). Laptimes are almost too long with both tracks combined and tends to feel drawn out. Pretty good for racing but everything spreads out pretty easily.

5 - Environment (0-10)
Not a bad environment but could have been much better imo. The main on track decal seems like a vibrant yellow/orangey color that's sort of hard to look at. More decal variation wouldn't hurt either. In some sections the way the decals are combined with the lighting it was hard to see the jumps on parts of the SX track. It's pretty easy to see the out of the track tile area, and the abundance of dead trees is kind of weird, would have liked to see more live ones or something to fill up the off track empty space more.

6 - Creativity and realism (0-10)
Creative idea that I think would have worked out better if the lap was shorter. Each track on it's own would be a pretty good length but combined is too long.

Comments to the creator:
If this track had a better environment and a shorter lap time it would have scored much higher. The MX portion of the track is tons of fun though.

23 - Total points
Phathry25 wrote:Score - Category
9 - Fun Factor (0-15)
Would be a lot funner if it wasn't so damn long. I like the MX track, and I kind of like the SX track. I feel like the transitions to and from the SX sections could have been done better. And by better I mean more awkwardly. According to your theme they connected the two for a super race, but to me it seems like the tracks were designed and built to be run this way. The ruts were really choppy at the bottom and that made them tricky to navigate.

6 - Environment (0-10)
Nothing really outstanding here good or bad. I could tell the theme and where I was based on the environment. Some overhead structures were too narrow for the width of the track, there were track markers in an inside rut, and it threw up green roost even though I was on the track in some spots.

6 - Creativity and realism (0-10)
It's a somewhat creative, but it has been done in the past. The MX track by itself is very fun and offers some great jumps, but feels almost repetitious in spots. Roller section, big jump, rutted turn, roller section, big jump...

Comments to the creator:
I think track suffered badly from trying to do too much. Both of the individual tracks rode well, but I didn't care for them being combined.

21 - Total points
Pumaxcs wrote:Score - Category
11 - Fun Factor (0-15)
This track had enough to be a compound. Way to much trying to be achieved by one track to be fun. Cut into sections this track would be fun because in small doses it is fun. Sections are fun but towards the end of the SX I completely lose my drive to finish a lap. Speaking of, where was my transition. We are flowing on the MX then I hit a step down double into a bowl turn and suddenly a wild SX track appears. I think if you have started the transition with more cookie cutter parts of a SX like triples, whoops, hell even something like the 10 commandments would have been acceptable. The turns were decent and some of the larger/wider ruts were fun but some of the smaller inside ones were jagged and made it really hard to try and keep your speed through some of them.

5 - Environment (0-10)
Mostly reused items and heavily repeated because its such a large track. Only two decals and both are sand. Could have been alot more variance and this would have helped so much more.

6- Creativity and realism (0-10)
The idea's were there and you tried something different but you tried to much at once and it really held everything back. The MX was fun but I wasn't ready for the SX and it is way to steep for me to have fun with MX suspension.

Comments to the creator:
MX is really fun and loved that section of the track. Right when we get to the SX I'm lost completely and was thinking that should have been the end of a lap not the start of a new track. Keep laptimes down and you can make a winner.

22 - Total points
Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Re: MotoOption TC Entry - Shadow Valley MX Park

Post by Andy_Hack »

the track i enjoyed the most :)
*fancy signature*
d4u5d6u7 wrote:good staff, nice skins, like
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I enjoy SX more than MX, so yeah I agree it's really fun!
Cody Darr
Team: Start Your Systems

Post by Cody Darr »

Loved this track and its layout just wish it was just a bit shorter!
2011 LRS Monday Night local Series 125 Pro Champion
jlv wrote:What a dope! He should have saved that move for the last lap like Cody Darr!
AuTo MaTik
Team: SYS

Post by AuTo MaTik »

This track was really fun. I love the hybrid layout. Also, the transitions from SX to MX and back to SX were really smooth and gradual! It wasn't just like BAM!, back to SX and vice versa. Very fine work!
I'm washed.
MinnesotaMX
Team: TwistMoto

Post by MinnesotaMX »

I enjoyed this track a lot. The layout was fun. The traction wasn't my favorite but it was alright once I got used to it. The visuals were pretty good. My only gripe is how long the track is. I get to a certain point in a lap and I'm just asking myself "Where is the finish line?". Other than that, pretty good track.
checkerz wrote:The MXS Forums - Where people think it's cool to be an asshole.
MinnesotaMX wrote:Arrogance runs wild a midst the MXS forums.
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

Track is in y top 3 most fun to ride. Loved it. Everything from ruts to jumps are fun. Just rally long.
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
Team: LCQ Studios / rF

Post by 137 »

Link on this too? Looks super fun.
If you enjoy what I make, donate to the cause 8) It's very much appreciated!!
BGnastyy905
Team: Tagger Designs

Post by BGnastyy905 »

Track is super fun! The only thing is that it is too long as other people have said, loved the mix between MX and SX, jumps are super fun too!
@taggerdesigns #ScreamingCreative
Colbemx

Post by Colbemx »

New link?
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

yfz22
Team: Privateer

Post by yfz22 »

Just wanted to say thanks to the judges for all the great feedback.

I originally was going to make it a compound, but I ended up combining the two tracks because I thought there would have been more compounds entered in the comp. Oh well :D
If I ever feel like doing it, I will convert it into a compound, and maybe make a few other changes a well.
Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Post by Andy_Hack »

I really enjoy that this track is so long, and everything else on it. Its right now my favourite track! Thank you yfz22!
*fancy signature*
d4u5d6u7 wrote:good staff, nice skins, like