MotoOption TC Entry - Calippo Valley

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

MotoOption TC Entry - Calippo Valley

Post by checkerz »

Track Name: Calippo Valley
Track Picture:
Track Description:
Some say it is located deep in Mikoland State's valley. Others believe it is close enough to Frigoland's beach to feel the summer breeze. All we now is it's called Calippo Valley.
This is the perfect place to have fun for riders of all performance levels. Challenging yet safe, the track uses natural terrain to create nice jumps and obstacles for all levels of riding.

TrackNotes:
I didn't want to go crazy with the environment adding tons of objects so that every PC can handle the track. That's the reason why there aren't grass billboards nor normal maps for the terrain and all the trees are billboards.

Credit:
Haggqvist: Bales - offtrack and gravel decals
Mona: MotoOption Race Track Vending Set Up
Motoboss: Grass and truck decals
Checkerz: ontrack decals
VillaMoto: Parking sign
P2sta: Excavator
DJ99X: Fence
yFmx: Van

Track Map:

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ss1p62l8pt7dk ... Valley.rar

checkerz wrote:Score - Category
13 - Fun Factor (0-15)
Everything on this track rides well, and as you'd expect. There are no surprises. The traction felt nice, ruts rode nice, and jumps were well built. I really liked the turning rhythm and the uphill triples. The style feels pretty familiar to other tracks and a bit more "Wow" factor would have been nice whether through elevation or something out of the box as far as an obstacle to boost the score that extra little bit.

7 - Environment (0-10)
The environment is really good. Unfortunately for Calippo Valley, other tracks in this competition really pushed the envelope and raised the bar for environments. With the average releases, this track with it's clean decals, nice tree placement and impeccable realism with how the track is cut into the terrain would definitely stand out, but it fell short on using the new shaders and really pushing the envelope. The colors of the grass was a bit off as well. The turning rhythm around the pond was really cool and felt realistic as well.

7 - Creativity and realism (0-10)
The track is believable and real, and the environment makes sense. Nothing ground breaking and the track doesn't look nearly as photo real as some of the competition, but still a realistic and fun track.

Comments to the creator:
This track is fun and really good in all areas. It's a track I'll enjoy riding by myself and racing, but it didn't go above and beyond in any category which will more than likely make it a solid podium contender, but hold it back from winning this contest.

27 - Total points
yzmxer608 wrote:Score - Category
13 - Fun Factor (0-15)
Definitely a fun track, you can rail the ruts and actually want to choose different lines because they are close in time. Roughness feels good for me - not over the top but enough to where you have to be careful with how hot you come into corners. After riding the GP series this summer this track has a eery resemblance to that style of track, which for whoever the creator of this track is is a good thing ;). Through the GP series it proved a style of track making that worked good for racing and after tons of laps qualifying is fun. Out of all the tracks this is one of 2-3 where I kept going back and riding just for fun.

7 - Environment (0-10)
I understand the reasoning behind not using 3d trees and shaders but I think they could have been implemented without going too crazy with them and it would have made the environment feel even better with minimal FPS impact. 3D trees in the locations that are close to the track makes a world of difference (especially for people who take screenshots). The decals themselves I thought were very good, with mild shaders on them I think they would look almost real. I did notice the few alternate sections that looked like they were from old revisions of a track layout. After riding them as you would if there were still part of the track, I think the track itself would have been even better if you included the section that goes up and down the hill between turns 12 and 13. It would have lengthened the lap time probably at least 10-15 seconds but I think it would have been worth it for how fun that section is. Something minor I noticed is all the objects looked like they had shadows rendered for them besides the banners, not sure why they didn't have them.

8 - Creativity and realism (0-10)
The displacement and environment feels like it could be a real race track, that's something you can't say for a lot of tracks. The use of sections that aren't necessarily common (the turning rhythm section) but still remain something I could see in a national caliber track is what I love about this track. Even the unused sections of tracks had more rough on them from erosion/no grooming from the last time they were used. Small details like that is what adds to the realism of the track.

Comments to the creator:
The only thing really holding this track back is the decision you made to ensure good FPS. I think it would have been 100% worth it to go for a few 3d trees and some ground shaders that aren't overpowering to make the visuals a notch higher.

28 - Total points
Pumaxcs wrote:Score - Category
13 - Fun Factor (0-15)
Had lots of fun on this one. Had options and ruts rode really well and seemed even. Traction was decent enough that it didn't leave me yelling to much and all together most of the track flowed and felt natural. I didn't like from the finish to the start where it was just flat S turns, it felt like you just wanted a little bit longer of a lap time and you saw your chance to throw in a few turns before going back to the start. That is really my only gripe about track layout I have though, super fun jumps and options that were fair inside and outside and I can't ask for more than that.

8 - Environment (0-10)
Clearly an Aussie/Outback theme. Dirt color was vibrant, roost was dusty, lots of contrast in the colors from grass and trees, and minimalist on environment objects for the track markers. Bonus points for even having some Aussie like terrain where its mostly flat and then it rises and turns back to mostly flat. Everything just felt right and I could easily picture this in real life and that has got to be the main goal here, I was feeling it. However, there wasn't really anything new or something that no one else had done before which is the only drawback. Any other time, if this wasn't a contest, it would receive the highest praise from me.

8 - Creativity and realism (0-10)
Realistic no doubt. Felt like a real race track through and through from looks to jump size. The turning section and off track parts are a nice touch but really nothing new or creative.

Comments to the creator:
Loved the track. Really like that its appealing to the eye and fun, most tracks struggle to get one or the other and you managed to get both.

29 - Total points
Phathry25 wrote:Score - Category
13 - Fun Factor (0-15)
I feel like you did a really good job of balancing making it challenging and rideable at the same time. It's fun and has lots of flow from corner to corner, jump to jump, section to section. The perfectly shaped ruts that matched the radius of the corner for the most part didn't feel very natural, and were placed poorly in some spots. Meaning that in some corners if you missed the inside you might as well just keep riding straight off the edge of the map...

5 - Environment (0-10)
I don't know if you've read my other reviews, but I am a fan of the desaturated look, you clearly didn't go for that. The hunter green grass on this track just killed it form me, and it was even overflowing onto the track in some spots. Some trees and billboards to distract me from the ultra green grass would have helped a lot. The skybox doesn't match what you have going on on the track at all.

7 - Creativity and realism (0-10)
You used the hills on the terrain well, and the track flows great and feels very natural. The surgically shaped/placed ruts negate most of that.

Comments to the creator:
Keep doing what you're doing for the most part. The track would have scored better with me had you used a more realistic pallet, and done something to make the ruts feel more natural instead of surgical.

25 - Total points
dani22

Re: MotoOption TC Entry - Calippo Valley

Post by dani22 »

Liked this track, there were some different jumps, and some creativite out there.
I had the feeling like I had rode it before? I felt like riding other gp tracks or so, Very fun and nice to ride tho!! Sick work
Cody Darr
Team: Start Your Systems

Post by Cody Darr »

I can tell who made this :lol: . Id like to say congrats on making a killer track. Cant wait to race it. Environment was a lil lacking but that's the only thing that hurt this track.
2011 LRS Monday Night local Series 125 Pro Champion
jlv wrote:What a dope! He should have saved that move for the last lap like Cody Darr!
Scotty226
Team: Crisp Graphics

Post by Scotty226 »

For me, this track rode the best and i had the most fun on it :D
0 | 1 | 0 | 4
2014 Loretta Lynns 250 Pro Sport 2nd
dani22

Post by dani22 »

Cody Darr wrote:I can tell who made this :lol: . Id like to say congrats on making a killer track. Cant wait to race it. Environment was a lil lacking but that's the only thing that hurt this track.
Congratulations, do you want a medal? Hahaha. joke
Most of us can have an idea of who made it. "unique" (Not sure if this word exists) style making tracks. Well, eachone have their own style... so every track builder is unique hahha.
sapelgas431
Team: MadCape

Post by sapelgas431 »

nice track, remind me of the gp's :lol:
André Santos
2015 Arenacross Champion | 2015/2016 EMF 450 SX 4th O/A | 2017 rF SX 250E 5th O/A
AuTo MaTik
Team: SYS

Post by AuTo MaTik »

This track is awesome. It flows really well! A little rough, but that's fine!
I'm washed.
MinnesotaMX
Team: TwistMoto

Post by MinnesotaMX »

Really really like this track. The traction is on point, the visuals are satisfying, the flow is EXCELLENT imo, jumps aren't to big, but aren't to small. This one deserves a thumbs up for sure.
checkerz wrote:The MXS Forums - Where people think it's cool to be an asshole.
MinnesotaMX wrote:Arrogance runs wild a midst the MXS forums.
BGnastyy905
Team: Tagger Designs

Post by BGnastyy905 »

Love this track it feels like a GP! One of my favorites.
@taggerdesigns #ScreamingCreative
bossman241
Team: POGO AH GO GO

Post by bossman241 »

Can someone re-upload it
TwistedMotor dropout | POGO MX recruit hopeful | RF D Class pro | holding it tapped 1st gear
KarlssonRacing

Post by KarlssonRacing »

bossman241 wrote:Can someone re-upload it
wait 3 hours and its up, will link here
The smell of racegas at the morning... Mhmmm!
YOU CAN`T LIVE WITHOUT IT!!!
KarlssonRacing

Post by KarlssonRacing »

1hour*
KarlssonRacing

Post by KarlssonRacing »

bossman241
Team: POGO AH GO GO

Post by bossman241 »

thanks
TwistedMotor dropout | POGO MX recruit hopeful | RF D Class pro | holding it tapped 1st gear
slowngreen
Team: MotoPin Racing

Post by slowngreen »

Thanks for the new link. Very fun track.