2013 MLO Winter Series Round 1

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
Ivan M.
Team: TM Factory-Racing

2013 MLO Winter Series Round 1

Post by Ivan M. »

Here is Round 1 of the MLO Winter Series Provided by Twistmoto
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ha13o ... rd1.saf.7z
HondaRider746
Team: Motosport.com

Re: 2013 MLO Winter Series Round 1

Post by HondaRider746 »

The track looks sick as heck but rides like crap imo, the skybox and stadium look freaking sweet so props to whoever made the stadium and textures.
I throw whips.
Yamahaman95
Team: Jesus

Post by Yamahaman95 »

HondaRider746 wrote:The track looks sick as heck but rides like crap imo, the skybox and stadium look freaking sweet so props to whoever made the stadium and textures.
whoa scott, don't be a dick head, track rides in a unique way, and i like that, i like that its not made like every other track out, definatly going to be a challenge..my only complaint is the whoops :P
Tiller Crocker wrote:Look at those handlebar guards
Craig

Post by Craig »

Yamahaman95 wrote:
HondaRider746 wrote:The track looks sick as heck but rides like crap imo, the skybox and stadium look freaking sweet so props to whoever made the stadium and textures.
whoa scott, don't be a dick head, track rides in a unique way, and i like that, i like that its not made like every other track out, definatly going to be a challenge..my only complaint is the whoops :P
He's not being a dick he's just telling the truth
I guess you just can't handle the truth
Prada

Post by Prada »

Such scare
Prada

Post by Prada »

Much truth
760Liam

Post by 760Liam »

Looks pretty cool, downloading now. :D
Yamahaman95
Team: Jesus

Post by Yamahaman95 »

Craig wrote:
Yamahaman95 wrote:
He's not being a dick he's just telling the truth
I guess you just can't handle the truth
got me...
Tiller Crocker wrote:Look at those handlebar guards
Ddavis

Post by Ddavis »

I don't know if I signed up, is there a rider list available?
twistmoto
Team: TwistMoto Racing

Post by twistmoto »

Here is a link to low res, don't know if it is much better, but you can try.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/ghd2h ... .lowres.7z
BuryYourHead707

Post by BuryYourHead707 »

First off, thank you for the track. Like others have said, the stadium looks awesome, as well as most objects.

Now, I'm not exactly sure who built this track, but here is my list of Pros and Cons:

+Whoops. I felt that both the sand whoops as well as the regular whoops had a good feel to them, and while others may disagree, I believe
they feel better than JLV's whoops.

+Flow. Spacing as well as jump patterns not only felt right, but where fun. I could definitely see some tight racing on this track with all of the different lines.

+Presentation. The look and feel of the track/stadium is spot on. I feel like I'm racing at a Supercross event.

-Roughness. The tops of each jump were too smoothed out, while the bottoms/transitions felt rough and edgy. For instance, the finish line looks like a triangle with dirt layered on top. Smoothing the base would go a long way.

-Wideness in 90* corners. It was only the 90* turns that felt too wide... It made the outside almost unusable considering how much faster the inside is, which diminishes the chances of good racing due to the track beins one lined in certain corners.

-Berms. Something was off. They were long(circumference) and short(Height), which made it hard to use the berm effectively. I believe you have the correct curvature (slope), but the other two variables need some adjusting.

Everything else seemed just fine. Decals could use some work too, but that isn't necessary for this track to be awesome. I think the main problem with the textures is that it's noticeable that they're tiled. If you had blended them a bit better it would look perfect.

Otherwise keep at it, I look forward to round 2!