MXS Garage (updated v0.9.0.5 - 1 Sep 2013)

Post anything about MX Simulator here. Please. I'm begging you.
Servatis

Re: MXS Garage (updated v0.9.0.5 - 1 Sep 2013)

Post by Servatis »

I just downloaded MXS Garage and it downloaded correctly. the .rar file has an .msi file in it, this is a Microsoft installation file.

run the .msi to install.
Then you should have a MXS Garage folder (wherever you decided to install) and you copy the 2 updates into that.

if your "MXS Garage v0.9.0.1.rar" file is empty, I suggest you try to download it again, it should be about 1MB, 1.056KB to be exact.

sorry for the late response, I don't check the MXS forums very often anymore.
MXS Garage 0.9 download here

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

I cant get it to open when I have the 2013 bikes (I think) but when I dont have the 2013 bikes it works fine!? How does this work for everyone else but me? Kinda getting pissed :x
karpuha
Team: Privateer

Post by karpuha »

Thanks for the update))) Now I will try .. I can help with the language pack .... Translated into Russian ... Preview bike and rider would be great, definitely.
Atom6246

Post by Atom6246 »

Image No one going to help me? :cry:
RedRocket
Team: Strictly Modified

Post by RedRocket »

I cant get it to read setups, mxs just says error reading setup
slowngreen
Team: MotoPin Racing

Post by slowngreen »

Will max dab speed be updated in the next version?
Bloomracing#15

Post by Bloomracing#15 »

i just downloaded this program and updated it after. The file you are supposed to choose at the beginning is the original mx.exe file in my mxsim folder correct? i do not have a seperate personal folder and program files folder for mxs on my new computer...... Also when i open this program after i updated it i get an error saying "Another instance of this application is already running." however if i click ok it opens the program? I copied the update files to my mxs garage folder and clicked "move and replace" should i not have done that?
erle_vaughan
Team: Privateer

Post by erle_vaughan »

---------------------------
Error
The application encountered some problems. Ctrl+C now to copy this message

Information:

unable to open database file at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Open(String strFilename, SQLiteConnectionFlags connectionFlags, SQLiteOpenFlagsEnum openFlags, Int32 maxPoolSize, Boolean usePool)

at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.Open()

at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.QuietOpen(IDbConnection connection, ConnectionState& originalState)

at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)

at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable[] dataTables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)

at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable dataTable)

at MXS_Garage.MXS_GarageDSTableAdapters.ServerTableAdapter.Fill(ServerDataTable dataTable)

at MXS_Garage.DatabaseHandler.getServerTable()

at MXS_Garage.Forms.MDIMainForm.fillQuickConnect()

at MXS_Garage.Forms.MDIMainForm..ctor()

at MXS_Garage.Program.Main()
OK

or this

Error

Information:

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.84.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. at MXS_Garage.DatabaseHandler..ctor()

at MXS_Garage.DatabaseHandler.get_Instance()

OK
LKR47
Team: LCQ Studios

Post by LKR47 »

erle_vaughan wrote:---------------------------
Error

Information:

unable to open database file at System.Data.SQLite.SQLite3.Open(String strFilename, SQLiteConnectionFlags connectionFlags, SQLiteOpenFlagsEnum openFlags, Int32 maxPoolSize, Boolean usePool)

at System.Data.SQLite.SQLiteConnection.Open()

at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.QuietOpen(IDbConnection connection, ConnectionState& originalState)

at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)

at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable[] dataTables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)

at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable dataTable)

at MXS_Garage.MXS_GarageDSTableAdapters.ServerTableAdapter.Fill(ServerDataTable dataTable)

at MXS_Garage.DatabaseHandler.getServerTable()

at MXS_Garage.Forms.MDIMainForm.fillQuickConnect()

OK

or this

Error

Information:

Could not load file or assembly 'System.Data.SQLite, Version=1.0.84.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=db937bc2d44ff139' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. at MXS_Garage.DatabaseHandler..ctor()

at MXS_Garage.DatabaseHandler.get_Instance()

OK
Looks like an SQL error id try and back up your setups and then reinstall mxs garage
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

So a little update/question.

I might have some more free time this summer.
And I've never been really satisfied with how I left this project hanging.

At the same time I'm not really that happy with the project as a whole.
It got way to complicated for what it was supposed to be.
The goal was to create an easy to use lightweight app with some really useful features to just make your everyday MXS life a bit easier.
In some ways MXSG did that, but in other ways it was just too complicated. you're not supposed to sit in front of the computer for half an hour trying to figure this thing out before you get into MXS.

Some design points I jotted down in a couple of minutes to get an idea of where I want to go.

Code: Select all

MXS Garage 2: The Re-simplifying
	** No fancy graphical stuff. This was mainly done as a bit of fun on my end and it was never finished.
		- Just the plain windows look will do.
	** No tables (Or much less at least) Tables are messy. 
		- While good at displaying large amounts of info in a small area they don't look pretty
		- Aren't necessarily the best way to display data in a user friendly manner.
	** no complicated checks to see if setup values are valid. 
		- let MXS handle checks for valid setup values. (they are just a pain in the ass)
	** use XML as save file.
		- performance difference negligible, even with hundreds of setups. 
		- XML just works. no messy 3rd party stuff (even though SQLite is still pretty awesome).
	** Startup configurations.
		- create startup config, give it a name, press create desktop shortcut button, ???, Profit... 
			+ Launch MXS with all settings and setups with the shortcut.
	** Greatly simplified setup saves
		- MXSG tried to be way to fancy with the way setups worked.
		- bike setups seperate from advanced stab and rider.
		- No adding advanced setups and rider setups to bike setups.
			+ If multiple things need to be loaded manually 1 or 2 extra clicks won't matter.
		- setups will mostly be loaded by startup configurations which doesn't care about the separation of setups.
	** Simplified menu buttons and menus. 
		- The convoluted mess that is the menu bar in MXSG should be made a lot easier. 
		- Less clicks to get to some meaningful stuff means easier navigation.
		- Even if in the end the user ends up clicking 1 or 2 more things.
		- A few more clicks wont matter to much since the custom shortcuts are the main time saver and will be used the most.
	** Port over the skins stuff from MXS Garage. 
		- Needs to be tested to see if all functionality is still good (been a while since I looked into the skin stuff).

** NO 3D models etc when selecting skins.
		- Spent too much time on this and results we not satisfactory.
		- SAF files can be scrambled and obfuscated now, so on my coders honour I'm not going to mess around with that.
So here's my questions.
-Are people still interested in something like this?
-if you've used MXS Garage, what are your main issues with MXS Garage?
-Did you find anything in MXS Garage to be useless?
-What are the things you used most?
-If you haven't used MXS Garage, is there a reason you would be willing to share? and are there things you would like to see (that are not mentioned above) that might make MXS Garage 2 useful for you?

I can't promise anything, this is just to get some feedback from the community.

---

Everytime you post something, a stupid baby gets punched in the face. Please post, for the smart children.

MXS Cares
Racers52

Post by Racers52 »

Really glad you've decided to re-think this project. I change setups alot and its a bitch in game (thats why you made mxs garage right!) and my biggest complaint about MXS Garage is the gui. I feel if you made it as simple as possible, this tool would become my right hand man. I also think if you stick to your plans/goals on the project but keep the gui simple it would be sick. I would honestly love if you continued this project and update the thread links as you go ago so we as a community can supply feedback. :D
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

Racers52 wrote:Really glad you've decided to re-think this project. I change setups alot and its a bitch in game (thats why you made mxs garage right!) and my biggest complaint about MXS Garage is the gui. I feel if you made it as simple as possible, this tool would become my right hand man. I also think if you stick to your plans/goals on the project but keep the gui simple it would be sick. I would honestly love if you continued this project and update the thread links as you go ago so we as a community can supply feedback. :D
thanks for the feedback

If the development starts some time in the next 2 or 3 months I will definitely post a version here before the final version. but it will be a feature complete version that's about 90% complete and not this half-assed stuff that I did 2 years ago..

Just looked into WPF in Visual Studio 2013, and the web designer in me is quite intrigued. It should allow me to make it look really cool and slick, with minimal effort. (the minimal effort part is important :P). So we can scratch the part about needing the plain windows look.

---

MXS Cares
JES_934
Team: TMFactoryRacing.com

Post by JES_934 »

I pretty much just use mine to keep and select from a myriad of set-ups I've collected over the years. Also, as a quick connect and database for servers. I use it often for these things and find it very helpful. I would like to be able to input suspensions settings without having to save a rider and stab setting to it right away. Thank you so much for this useful tool. Any updates are eagerly awaited and greatly appreciated! :D
Servatis

Post by Servatis »

thanks.

What kind of settings would you separate from the rest?
Are the suspension and sprocket settings the ones you change constantly and the rest only occasionally?

Cause i could just split those 2 up entirely. So you only have to worry about the suspension and sprocket settings.
Then just throw the rest of the settings in their own separate setup.

all the stuff you mentioned, and some more, will still be in the newer version.
I'm just going to try and make it a ton more easy to get into the game without having to manually load certain setups and servers etc.

---

MXS Cares