WHAT PHOTOSHOP IS BEST? HELP

Post about creating and skinning models here
crader224
Team: Privateer

WHAT PHOTOSHOP IS BEST? HELP

Post by crader224 »

Hey, so I know how to skin and what not (I think I do) but im getting a new photshop soon so what one is the best for it, the reason for im asking because it seems like photoshop cs2 is like out dated would photoshop CS5 be good? I just wanna put my name and number on my gear just wanna make sure I can open the templates with photoshop with out any problems!!!! any opions or info would be great!!!! :D
sapelgas431
Team: MadCape

Re: WHAT PHOTOSHOP IS BEST? HELP

Post by sapelgas431 »

If you just want to put names and numbers every version would do good. I use Photoshop CC now, but I used to use CS6. They're basically the same.
André Santos
2015 Arenacross Champion | 2015/2016 EMF 450 SX 4th O/A | 2017 rF SX 250E 5th O/A
GregDearman
Team: TVCO

Post by GregDearman »

CS5 or CS6 will be fine, very minimal differences!
Andy_Hack
Team: SplitFire

Post by Andy_Hack »

MSPaint.

Just kidding, if you really just want to put your name on gears or whatever, its actually enough to have Gimp, but since some templates dont work in Gimp, i heard, you need Ps. To be honest, actually CS3 is enough. I am using CS4 since it came out, and I never felt like I really need the new functions in cs5 and cs6.
*fancy signature*
d4u5d6u7 wrote:good staff, nice skins, like
GregDearman
Team: TVCO

Post by GregDearman »

anything between CS3-CS6 is scarcely different, its basically only layout and bug fixes. I only use CS6 as that's what i started with
crader224

Post by crader224 »

GregDearman wrote:anything between CS3-CS6 is scarcely different, its basically only layout and bug fixes. I only use CS6 as that's what i started with
Andy_Hack wrote:MSPaint.

Just kidding, if you really just want to put your name on gears or whatever, its actually enough to have Gimp, but since some templates dont work in Gimp, i heard, you need Ps. To be honest, actually CS3 is enough. I am using CS4 since it came out, and I never felt like I really need the new functions in cs5 and cs6.
GregDearman wrote:CS5 or CS6 will be fine, very minimal differences!
crader224 wrote:Hey, so I know how to skin and what not (I think I do) but im getting a new photshop soon so what one is the best for it, the reason for im asking because it seems like photoshop cs2 is like out dated would photoshop CS5 be good? I just wanna put my name and number on my gear just wanna make sure I can open the templates with photoshop with out any problems!!!! any opions or info would be great!!!! :D
Thanks! its just I have CS2 right now like I found some wack free download and downloaded it and I think I deleted something I needed for it because when I right click on a template I downloaded and click open whith photoshop right as it opens a message pops up saying "could not complete request wrong kind of document" and I herd most of the templates have updated stuff in them and also iv been watching videos and a lot of skinners are using CS4 and CS5 and CS6!
760Liam

Post by 760Liam »

I started photoshop on cs5 and then went to cs6. I've also tried CC. For you starting out, any version of photoshop will be just fine.
stitch115
Team: 8A Motorsports

Post by stitch115 »

i use Ps CC right now, but i used to use cs5 and cs6, they are THE SAME! for what u need them, really any Ps would work just fine! :D
#fuckherrightinthepussy
crader224

Post by crader224 »

760Liam wrote:I started photoshop on cs5 and then went to cs6. I've also tried CC. For you starting out, any version of photoshop will be just fine.
stitch115 wrote:i use Ps CC right now, but i used to use cs5 and cs6, they are THE SAME! for what u need them, really any Ps would work just fine! :D
Sweet thanks for advice, one more thing... when I get the photoshop it should be as easy as downloading it into my computer then downloading a tremplate then opening it after I download the template into photoshop? correct :| sorry for the dumb questions just wanna make sure