New MX vs ATV game

I've heard conversation coming out of animal pens that is more intelligent than what is going on in here.
MiNi

New MX vs ATV game

Post by MiNi »

http://vurbmoto.com/news/mx-vs-atv-fran ... orn/16016/

Not surprised at all.
  • "MX vs ATV Supercross"
    Dev team is based out of Phoenix AZ, just like Rainbow
    Not coming to next gen consoles
    Coming to PC, Mac and Linux
    Set for release within the first 6 months of 2014
Don't got any expectations and its too early to make any claims on the game IMO. Thoughts?
Phathry25 wrote:Don't try to apply logic to anything mini says. That's where you went wrong.
KTM57 wrote:Total keyboard warrior.
MX Disign'S
Crushed Dissenter
Team: MXS Disign'S

Re: New MX vs ATV game

Post by MX Disign'S »

MiNi wrote:http://vurbmoto.com/news/mx-vs-atv-fran ... orn/16016/

Not surprised at all.
  • "MX vs ATV Supercross"
    Dev team is based out of Phoenix AZ, just like Rainbow
    Not coming to next gen consoles
    Coming to PC, Mac and Linux
    Set for release within the first 6 months of 2014
Don't got any expectations and its too early to make any claims on the game IMO. Thoughts?
HO YES !!!!!
juicer731

Post by juicer731 »

Damn it, no next-gen. Ahh well, hopefully this game turns out good. Looking forward to it. Kinda odd though how it's SX only.
Pumaxcs
Team: Kyle/Luiz

Post by Pumaxcs »

Well there was an unreleased one they they bought called Alive Tournament. Possibly just as a learning curve take a game that is basically done and release it, this game was never announced by THQ so it wouldn't surprise me if this game wasn't meant for next-gen. Nordic also claimed they were looking into the unreleased DLC that was supposed to come out for Alive which everyone believed was SX tracks, possibly recreated ones from the 2011-12 series. Could they just be putting pieces together and taking credit for a game while using this as a first step to get familiarized with the basics of what we want and how to develop with the engine? So far that's what I'm piecing together. Who knows if I'm right though.
Everytime you post something stupid, a baby gets punched in the face. Please be smart, for the children.
MXS Cares
jlv wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:09 am Pumaxcs would know better than I do.
checkerz
Team: RaGe Factory

Post by checkerz »

Pumaxcs wrote:Well there was an unreleased one they they bought called Alive Tournament. Possibly just as a learning curve take a game that is basically done and release it, this game was never announced by THQ so it wouldn't surprise me if this game wasn't meant for next-gen. Nordic also claimed they were looking into the unreleased DLC that was supposed to come out for Alive which everyone believed was SX tracks, possibly recreated ones from the 2011-12 series. Could they just be putting pieces together and taking credit for a game while using this as a first step to get familiarized with the basics of what we want and how to develop with the engine? So far that's what I'm piecing together. Who knows if I'm right though.
You're pretty spot on.

Also, the dev team is based around former MVA employees. They have some good, and key people in place.

It won't be a sim or MXS, but I think you'll see a fun game and a step up from Alive in the fun factor. And less gimmic "mass audience" arcadey BS.
suzuki98

Post by suzuki98 »

Been waiting to see what you had to say did they try to get you to come back
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

Initially, but I'm way too happy doing what I'm doing. Definitely spent some time with Nordic giving advice who was key for the team. Met with Ken and Mike at Monster Cup in Vegas and have kept in touch with them since. I'm happy for them.
suzuki98

Post by suzuki98 »

That is awesome. Glad that you talked with them and glad you are happy doing what you are doing
AWood
Team: Who Knows...

Post by AWood »

Just bummed this seems like it will be another cheap release and spend a million dollars on DLC
barrington314 wrote:awood is right
Leclair wrote:My name is barking
Leclair wrote:i fuck you
2014 rF GNC 22nd Overall - 2014 rF 450 SX 12th - 2014 rF 450 MX 11th Overall
2013 rF GNC 17th Overall - 2013 rF 450 SX 17th - 2013 rF 450 MX 8th - 2013 EMF French Cup Open World 6th
checkerz

Post by checkerz »

AWood wrote:Just bummed this seems like it will be another cheap release and spend a million dollars on DLC
I hope you're wrong. I really doubt they will go the nickel and dime route. I think the publisher and developer have both seen how that ends.
mxsrider96
Team: PoGo

Post by mxsrider96 »

AWood wrote:Just bummed this seems like it will be another cheap release and spend a million dollars on DLC
I'm with checkerz. Really hope you're wrong. MvA has ALWAYS impressed me and I've always loved playing it. I plan on getting Reflex once I get my new computer. If this game has a combined Reflex/Alive engine, I will be the happiest man alive. Reflex collisions sucked, but so did Alive turning, so getting the best of both worlds would be the best, IMO
WAR CRY <3
Sun Burn
AuTo MaTik
Team: SYS

Post by AuTo MaTik »

I don't have an expectations for this game. I hope it's a fun game to take a break with and with what Chex said about bring people back, that makes me even more keen to see what they bring to the table.
I'm washed.
stocksy129

Post by stocksy129 »

I have to agree with Puma... Could just be the un-released tracks for Alive a mock up of Alive really slight alters for a base and build from there.. Be great if they allow the community for input into the future and listen to idea and criticism to finally achieve something for every one to enjoy.

Have been playing Reflex a little recently and i have to say it is actually a lot of fun, although it isn't realistic it is a lot of fun, if the collisions were more stabel it would allow for some great racing because the tracks are actually really well built for racing.. I also played Alive for a short period of time it really was a step backwards in physics in my opinon.. Reflex is a great all round game if they head in that direction with a few alters i don't think they can go wrong should be great fun! Good luck to them i say.
bigtm780

Post by bigtm780 »

cool to hear, but how do you think it will cost?
Sandhapper
Team: MotoRAD

Post by Sandhapper »

Here's some more information, not much but it's something...
http://www.vitalmx.com/photos/features/ ... ,0/GuyB,64

I noticed in the first picture that they have the Phoenix 2014 trackmap on the midle screen. Does this mean there will be replica supercross tracks? :)
2013 EMF outdoors 2nd place overall
2013 MxSCentral outdoors 2nd place overall
2012 EMF outdoors 2nd overall
2012 SMA sx 2nd overall
2011 SMA outdoors champion