Motoranch Replica

Post your tracks here
Forum rules
If your topic doesn't contain a track link, this is the wrong place to post it.
SOAB_465

Motoranch Replica

Post by SOAB_465 »

465th post!!! :D

This is my replica of the MXTrackbuilders' supercross track at the Motoranch in Texas.

I used the pictures RacerX had up a few weeks ago to model it as close as I could. I know the environment isn't spectacular but I feel like it rides pretty well. I used some of Markham's gradients from Checkerz' supercross tracks, and fiddled with them some.

The other track to the north is a kids'/50cc track that rides alright on the 50's in game, but it doesn't have timing gates or anything.

here's a picture of it ingame:

Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/629y6 ... oranch.zip

The skybox is from Motosport Compound
The bales are Haggvist's GP bales
The trees and grass that aren't in the blank track pack are Checkerz' from Mission Valley Dos and Next Friday
The decals are from Motoboss and Jay
The jumps that aren't original are from Checkerz' new supercrosses (Markham's template)

you can open it and mess around with whatever you want, but if you use any of the objects or decals give credit to those people ^^^ because I didn't make anything in these folders.

If you try it out, let me know what you think, I've never released a track before.
XFR Motorsports #222
Team: XFR Motorsports

Re: Motoranch Replica

Post by XFR Motorsports #222 »

Looks Dope, could be better textures unless the pic is just bad quality?
This guy..... NOW THIS GUY, has some sick video's!
http://www.youtube.com/user/EBG4MING
SOAB_465

Post by SOAB_465 »

The textures are from Barcia's Compound and Jay's Decal Pack, so I think they're pretty top shelf in their own right. My $6 laptop can't run shaders and runs out of texture memory, so I have to use compatibility settings, but I hoped it would look ok when the settings are cranked up.
DM 119

Post by DM 119 »

Decals arent very good at all, Track rides really good though. Thank you for the release!
Slick
Team: Privateer

Post by Slick »

DM 119 wrote:Decals are very good. Track rides really good too. Thank you for the release!
SOAB_465

Post by SOAB_465 »

DM 119 wrote:Decals arent very good at all, Track rides really good though. Thank you for the release!
I apologize for butchering the decals Jay and Motoboss made. They look bad ass when someone who knows how to place them puts them to use. I'll try and use simpler ones that don't showcase my full ineptitude on my next track.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad some people are riding it!
Slick

Post by Slick »

^bad idea. Don't cover up your lack of decal placing skills by using less quality decals. Take your time to improve the ones you've got. Granted, you can't do that if the decals you have suck but the ones you have don't so like I previously said. Take your time. It will pay off.
I didn't mean to offend you by saying "lack of decal placing skills". I was just rearranging what you had already said. :wink:
Nick#126

Post by Nick#126 »

pretty fun to ride, thanks !
Nick van Gerwen
DM 119

Post by DM 119 »

SOAB_465 wrote:
DM 119 wrote:Decals arent very good at all, Track rides really good though. Thank you for the release!
I apologize for butchering the decals Jay and Motoboss made. They look bad ass when someone who knows how to place them puts them to use. I'll try and use simpler ones that don't showcase my full ineptitude on my next track.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad some people are riding it!

Nothing to apologize for man, Track is badass riding wise just a little struggle in visuals. Which is the hardest part to get right imo.